Boxer vs. 2 Cops, this why you need to get cops who are physically capable

what country is that? if that was the US wouldnt the normal cops just shoot the guy or stab him?? surprised he did not get shot. In lot of countries in the world you would of been shot already dead or beaten into coma.

I think all cops should at least be physically lean and body mass strong like combat soldiers are in military. from what i have seen few militaries have guys who are bodybuilder or strongman strong or that jacked but most active combat duty ground soldiers seem to be able to run far distance, carry lots of weight and be lean and strong. I think that would be ideal for police.

weapons help.

And at certain point you have to let it go you cannot expect all cops to be 6´2 and 210lbs jacked muscluarly and even if they are how does that help against that boxer guy as much? Or what if you come up against 6´4 265lbs? sure you got better chance then the 5´8 140lb guy. But cops should always use weapons and take it one step higher to win.
lol cops in the us dont stab dudes.

dudes need some MCMAP or Combatives lessons, STAT

Truth.

I've looked at some of the Combatives stuff and it's pretty cool.

Basically seems like an MMA crash course that would be helpful for anyone. Not enough to get you ready to go fight pro or anything, but more than enough to teach you how to handle yourself in a self-defense situation.

IF you notice in the video the smaller guy takes his baton stick out and hits him as hard as he can and the boxer guy just gets even more angry and doesn't even feel the pain

the Police officers are trained in Tai Chi
in america they are trained in glock 22.

Truth.

I've looked at some of the Combatives stuff and it's pretty cool.

Basically seems like an MMA crash course that would be helpful for anyone. Not enough to get you ready to go fight pro or anything, but more than enough to teach you how to handle yourself in a self-defense situation.
at the advanced levels you have disarm drills, and take on multiple attackers and striking is involved. It's legit, as is MCMAP for the USMC

but ya, level 1 is just learning basic grappling positions, basic moves like a cross collar choke, simple escape from guard, etc...

would be UFC champion in 2 weeks

lol cops in the us dont stab dudes.
This one did...
http://knifenews.com/cop-reaches-for-knife-in-fight-for-his-life/

"
Following the chase of an Indiana fugitive wanted for burglary, Trooper Cornelius squared off with the suspect in the Mill Creek stream. According to State Police, during the altercation Trooper Cornelius had fallen in the water, hit his head on the bottom of the creek, and couldn’t reach his primary weapon. “During the struggle, Trooper Cornelius realizes he can’t reach his handgun because it’s pinned on the creek bottom and he just can’t get to it,” Lieutenant Michael Baylous with the West Virginia State Police told MetroNews

To make matters worse, the suspect was on top of Trooper Cornelius trying to choke and drown him. That’s when Cornelius was able to reach his secondary weapon – his knife. “Trooper Cornelius was able to reach his knife, which he used to stop Mr. Wegman’s violent assault,” Lieutenant Baylous said.

According to State Police, the suspect fled the scene after he sustained significant injuries to his torso and chin. The 27-year old suspect and a female accomplice were later captured and both face charges for the attempted murder of Trooper Cornelius. The suspect had to be air lifted to hospital where he is recovering from his wounds."

Not gonna read all of this, but I don't blame the dude. I don't know the whole story, but if my significant other/wife got tased, I'd go ape shit too. The justice system needs to have more sympathy for people protecting their family. I don't remember if I saw it here, but I read a story about a dude getting 13 years in prison for shooting a cop during a no-knock raid on his home. That's so dumb. You wake up in the middle of night after hearing someone kick down your door. You grab your gun, you shoot at the intruder. Intruder happens to be a cop so bye-bye life and rights???

Fuck that.

lol tons of posters around here say that. Well maybe they don't go as far as to say it's useless but the oft touted narrative around here is that boxing isn't real fighting and most fights go to the ground so it's not that useful after the first few punches. Having been a regular of the boxing and striking forum, I've seen quite a few posters who have claimed they'd "just double leg" or low kick world class boxers or that boxing isn't real fighting lol. Even in the Berry I've seen posters who'd claim they'd finish prime Tyson with low kicks or some shit.

Boxing is probably the best possible training to have in the event of a street fight. Most dudes don't know jack shit about martial arts. If you happen to end up in a scrap with someone who wrestled in high-school/college, you might have a problem. But in general, your best bet is to land a few clean punches and the fight is probably over.

I don't know what people envision fights to be like, but it's not an MMA match. Especially if we're talking self defense. Landing a good solid 1-2 will almost always give you room to escape.

Go fuck yourself

His wife got tased for a reason.
Go fuck yourself. Did you reach that conclusion after the police conducted an internal investigation and found the officers not guilty? Was Kelly Thomas murdered by police for a good reason? Cunt.

That's a dismissable opinion

Boxing is probably the best for street self defence. Foot work, space , ability to land shots in tight with minimal commitment - unlike kicks, say.

Anybody thinking it's a good idea to fish for an armbar in a street fight is an idiot
I hit an armbar in a streetfight. Dude had a metal baton in his hand he tried to hit me with. So I broke his arm. People say this about groundfighting, but it took all but a second to snatch his arm up (untrained people are easy) and about 2 more seconds until his arm popped and bent the wrong way. He was done after that.

Also, boxing is great in a streetfight. But you are also at a risk of breaking your hand or hands. That is why the Thai Plum is also fantastic to learn, knees and elbows. Kicks are great if you have the space. People have a tendancy to change their mind about fighting after they have trouble walking from just a few kicks.

Last edited:
This boxers wife got tazed and he went bezerk on those cops, this is one boxer you dont want to mess with, but he man handled those cops like they were flyweights. This is why I dont get why they have skinny guys or females who are tiny on the police force, this guy wrecked both of those cops with ease.

Doesn’t matter your build when you have the authority to you tazers and guns

I hit an armbar in a streetfight. Dude had a metal baton in his hand he tried to hit me with. So I broke his arm. People say this about groundfighting, but it took all but a second to snatch his arm up (untrained people are easy) and about 2 more seconds until his arm popped and bent the wrong way. He was done after that.

I really think the best solution is to simply have at least some basic skills to be able to handle the situation regardless of where the fight goes.

I've only gotten into one street fight in my life. In that fight, I did a double-leg on the guy and was working to move to mount when three of his friends seemed to literally materialize out of nowhere and started kicking me in the head.

So I can personally attest that that kind of shit CAN happen and it was a textbook example of why it's often a bad idea to go to the ground in a street fight. On the other hand, if his friends hadn't been around then it probably would've all worked out. It seemed to be going okay so far up to that point.

So it all depends on the situation, but I feel like it's best to keep the fight standing if you actually have the skills to win on the feet. And if the fight DOES go to the ground by all means do anything you can to stay off your back because, I mean, can you imagine getting slammed on concrete while trying to work for a triangle? Or getting punched and having your head bounce bounce off the street?

Go fuck yourself. Did you reach that conclusion after the police conducted an internal investigation and found the officers not guilty? Was Kelly Thomas murdered by police for a good reason? Cunt.

Kelly Thomas killed himself by being a shitbag. The guy had almost 100 encounters with police for a reason

Kelly Thomas killed himself by being a shitbag. The guy had almost 100 encounters with police for a reason
Yeah, what an asshole for having a mental illness. So what that he was begging for his life as he was beat to death. Fuck you.

Like others have said, it's not so much that the police were physically unfit but more that the guy was a savage and almost certainly had some sort of training.

That said, if I was one of those cops, I'd shoot for his hips and just hang on. Probably won't bring him down but you'll certainly weigh him down enough to let the other cops subdue him.

Yeah, what an asshole for having a mental illness. So what that he was begging for his life as he was beat to death. Fuck you.

According to a shitbag witness. Mental illness is not any excuse to attack police officers. People like you who bash the men and women who protect you are the lowest of the low. You are a scumbag.

Not sure I take your meaning.
people have been talking about wrestle-boxers for over ten years or w.e. The reality most of them dont train proper boxing. They just hit pads from their kickboxing coach. So yeah they tend to punch, but most of them arent boxers in any real sense.

Back