Boxer vs. 2 Cops, this why you need to get cops who are physically capable

I always heard the exact opposite. In a streetfight, the last thing you want to do is end up on the ground (in fear of having your opponents buddy boot you in the head). Apparently your supposed to box and circle in a street fight, so you always have your attacker (s) infront of you.

With that being said, the last time I was in a street fight was 14 years ago, and I got stabbed. All the training in the world isn't going to help when the other person has a weapon.
That is not true at all.
Training may be the difference between getting stabbed one time non-fatally, and getting stabbed 32 times. Seriously. I mean, if they have a weapon, expect to end up in the hospital. But at least you can defend yourself until help arrives or prevent if from beig a fatal encounter and if worse comes to worse, you should be able to disarm them you need to. (again, expect to end up in the hospital if you are forced to engage, if they are armed and you have another way out obviously you take the other way out.)

They would have been justified shooting him. He has special skills that make him dangerous and he is clearly kicking their asses. They don’t have to wait until he knocks them out, having access to their weapons.

Specifically, I remember BJ Penn was working with Freddie Roach for a while and I'm pretty sure he's worked with other MMA fighters. I know there are other examples like that.

It doesn't always work that way, though.

Marcus Davis, if I recall, was a Golden Gloves boxer and came into MMA with like a 18-1 boxing record or something like that. He still lost a lot of striking exchanges and got KOd by Jeremy Stephens.

Holly Holm was a boxing champion and got soundly beaten by Cyborg.
People on Sherdog seem to think that 6 months of boxing training is going to make them a competent boxer. In reality, it doesn't work like that. Boxing is life. To be a good boxer, you have to start young. It's not just about knowing fundamentals, it's about having spatial awareness during exchanges. Most of these MMA scrubs close their eyes and wing punches during exchanges. Boxers keep their eyes open and predict movement. It's something that takes years of dedication to master. Obviously, there are exceptions. There are good boxers that started late in life, but they're the 1%'ers. Bringing in Roach and resurrecting D'Amato and Steward for a couple training camps isn't going to suddenly make you an actual boxer.

That's without even going into the footwork. All you guys should watch some high level boxing matches and just watch their feet the whole time. It's really amazing how boxers move.

Back