Boston on the same night as the AFC Championship?

DShiznit

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What a dumb move on the UFC's part, the overwhelming majority of the city will have tunnel-vision for the Pats. UFC couldn't plan ahead? The Pats were the odds on favorite out of the AFC since September.

Who is commentating the fights tomorrow?

It's gonna be Anik, isn't it? :(

UFC is bush league but still trying to show they can compete with the big boys. Are they really hoping fans will drive straight from Foxboro stadium to the Boston venue? Or spend another 3 hours at the sports bar after the Pats game to watch the fights? Not happening.

Really conflicted.Good thing mma is still good to watch a day late unlike football, where everybody talks about the results in person.

Tom Brady will dedicate the win to McGreGOAT.

There's a gambit the UFC is playing.

There will be an insane amount of people packed into bars. Those bars will have the NFL game and the fights on them. There is a lot of downtime in NFL games. This time eyes may shift to the UFC show.

It's not a terrible strategy, as casual fans will bitch about it and watch it at the same time. Those who love UFC but also are football fans will get both. More eyes on the UFC is a good thing.

They've already sold most tickets and are expecting a sellout.

Plus Fox will be able to push the card in front of 60 million viewers watching NFC title game.

main card starts after both games are over.

Boston is an Irish city, McGregor is Irish and has best chance to sell tickets.

This isnt hard to understand.

They've already sold most tickets and are expecting a sellout.

Plus Fox will be able to push the card in front of 60 million viewers watching NFC title game.

main card starts after both games are over.

Boston is an Irish city, McGregor is Irish and has best chance to sell tickets.

This isnt hard to understand.

Boston is America and needs to show pride in that. It is the better country anyways. The same thing happens in New York with "Italians" and "Africans" across the country.

U know the pats game will be over way before the main card even starts right?

Boston is America and needs to show pride in that. It is the better country anyways. The same thing happens in New York with "Italians" and "Africans" across the country.

o-CHRISTIANS-GUNS-facebook.jpg

What a dumb move on the UFC's part, the overwhelming majority of the city will have tunnel-vision for the Pats. UFC couldn't plan ahead? The Pats were the odds on favorite out of the AFC since September.

No way?

I had no idea

Sold out didn't it? So.. not sure if serious.

I often think when I read comments like these "America is a better country". Is America even a country? I know it's a sovereign state, but a country? I wouldn't think of America along the same lines as Ireland or Italy or Spain. It isn't really a country in that sense.

Why did they decide to do this on a Sunday?

I often think when I read comments like these "America is a better country". Is America even a country? I know it's a sovereign state, but a country? I wouldn't think of America along the same lines as Ireland or Italy or Spain. It isn't really a country in that sense.

Nothing offensive about it. I said being Irish is cool if you are really from Ireland. These are not legit Irishmen.

They are using the AFC game as a lead-in to the UFC show. It's intentional and will work.

Back