Borroughs would son khabib in wrestling

Assuming Burroughs just has his wrestling and no BJJ/submission grappling training at all, he'd take down Khabib off the bat and probably get submitted by a triangle. Khabib is lethal off his back, and Burroughs has no knowledge of submissions.

Under that scenario, it would be an easier fight than most of Khabib's opponents.
I was talking about if he had a full MMA training camp, not if he fought him tomorrow.

This thread and some of the replies is a prime example of how over hyped fans get about everything. A wrestler wins a wrestling match and suddenly he can just walk in to MMA with 6 months training and defeat an undefeated champion..

tenor.gif

How does one "son" another? I didn't know "son" was now a verb.

As usual when youths start using words I don't understand, my trip to urban dictionary proved fruitful.

Son
Verb. Northeast slang shortened from "To make someone your son". To show someone up, to make them look stupid. To embarrass someone. If you juke by someone in football, you made them your son.
"Bring that shit again... I'm a son yo ass this time"

Okay and in a real fight he'd get choked out in a minute, Khabib is an animal off his back. Your point?
You've mentioned this twice in this short thread. What are you basing this off of? We rarely see Khabib on his back and the time I can recall he didn't look all that effective throwing up some sloppy ass triangles. He doesn't need to be lethal off his back when he is A. never there, and B. can easily get up. So again, what are you basing this on?

There's that much money in wrestling? Had no idea
Its just because Jordan is, and has been for a while, the best in the world (or close to it), the face of USA Wrestling, and he has a ton of support with endorsements and a large fan base.

Jordan makes a great living off of:
roughly 700k in career "Living the Dream Fund" earnings since 2011.
A full-time coaching gig at a large division I school.
Endorsements with Asics, having his own signature shoe, etc.
Stipends from USA Wrestling.
Stipends from his club and/or RTC. I believe Jordan is a member of Titan Mercury WC which has a ton of money behind it.

And who knows what else that we are not privy too. He makes a lot of money but he is the top of the heap among USA Wrestlers.

has it ever been said why Burroughs didn't try MMA?
After one of the Eddie Alvarez - Michael Chandler fights he tweeted something to the effect of "wrestling needs me, I want to coach, I want to build a program, I want to wrestle, im not up for that level of violence, I wrestled Chandler in college I respect him but its not for me...."

Based on my own experience with wrestlers who have a much better pedigree then me, he would double leg the fuck out of Khabib and instantly put himself in a guilluitine and get submitted. A year of training and he might win. He might also still get submitted instantly.

Based on my own experience with wrestlers who have a much better pedigree then me, he would double leg the fuck out of Khabib and instantly put himself in a guilluitine and get submitted. A year of training and he might win. He might also still get submitted instantly.
Yeah, this is kind of a rite of passage for wresters entering MMA. They are so skilled, so strong, so dominant that they do not respect the danger of submissions. Just about every high level wrestler I can think of that has entered MMA has experienced that initial shocking submission loss. Then they usually get better and smarter.

This is a pretty bold statement.

Im gonna make a bold statement too.

Canelo would son khabib in boxing.

Assuming Burroughs just has his wrestling and no BJJ/submission grappling training at all, he'd take down Khabib off the bat and probably get submitted by a triangle. Khabib is lethal off his back, and Burroughs has no knowledge of submissions.

Under that scenario, it would be an easier fight than most of Khabib's opponents.

Just curious, why do you say Khabib is lethal off his back? What fight have you that impression?

Just curious, why do you say Khabib is lethal off his back? What fight have you that impression?
Have you ever watched him off his back? Everytime he's been off his back in his pre-UFC career he submitted his opponent via triangle or armbar, and the only time he's ever been on his back in the UFC against Trujillo, he locked in a tight triangle that Trujillo would've tapped to if he wasn't saved by the bell.

Last edited:
Have you ever watched him off his back? Everytime he's been off his back in his pre-UFC career he submitted his opponent via triangle or armbar, and the only time he's ever been on his back in the UFC against Trujillo, he locker in a tight triangle that Trujillo would've tap to if he wasn't saved by the bell.

Oh okay, haven’t seen too much of his pre ufc fights, gonna check them out.

Have you ever watched him off his back? Everytime he's been off his back in his pre-UFC career he submitted his opponent via triangle or armbar, and the only time he's ever been on his back in the UFC against Trujillo, he locked in a tight triangle that Trujillo would've tapped to if he wasn't saved by the bell.
I don't remember him locking in anything resembling a tight triangle on Trujillo. I remember his attempts being really sloppy actually. And how many of the fights that Khabib won by triangle have you actually seen? The guy is an incredible fighter but to say he is lethal of his back is unfounded and probably untrue.

Edit: I stand corrected. I went back and watched, Khabib did in fact lock in a tight triangle in that fight. I know he did throw up some shitty attempts but you were right. He locked in a good one at the end of the round.

Last edited:
I don't remember him locking in anything resembling a tight triangle on Trujillo. I remember his attempts being really sloppy actually. And how many of the fights that Khabib won by triangle have you actually seen? The guy is an incredible fighter but to say he is lethal of his back is unfounded and probably untrue.
He had 3 wins in 3 months in a row via triangle in his pre-ufc career. And another few via armbar if I'm not mistaken. Re-watch that Trujillo fight, by the end of the round he had a deadly triangle locked in, and Trujillo would've certainly tapped if he wasn't saved by the bell.

This thread and some of the replies is a prime example of how over hyped fans get about everything. A wrestler wins a wrestling match and suddenly he can just walk in to MMA with 6 months training and defeat an undefeated champion..

tenor.gif

thats why i dont like to talk mma unless the person actually trains

tbh hed not have to be have u ever rolled with a wrestler with no bjj training? they usually get triangled or guillotined pretty fast due to leading with their head and ass straight up because what they do in wrestling groundwork contradicts what bjj ground work is all about

Back