Boring fights that you like

Mighty Mouse. That guy is good. And boring, at the same time. Enjoyable in its own terrible way.

Mighty Mouse. That guy is good. And boring, at the same time. Enjoyable in its own terrible way.
DJ is aggressive and far more active than his opponents and outlands them all by a significant margin. If you think his fights are boring, you are blaming the wrong dude. The stats for the Ali fight were something like 130 to 30 total strikes in favor of Mighty Mouse.

When someone actually took it to him and did more than just survive like in the first McCall and Dodson fights, they won FOTN.

Aoki vs Shaolin. It wasn't the grappling war everyone hoped for, but seeing Aoki outstrike someone for 15 minutes was enjoyable for me

Aoki vs Shaolin. It wasn't the grappling war everyone hoped for, but seeing Aoki outstrike someone for 15 minutes was enjoyable for me
Terrible fight. There is nothing worse than watching two world class grapplers stand for the entire fight (or close to it).

DJ is aggressive and far more active than his opponents and outlands them all by a significant margin. If you think his fights are boring, you are blaming the wrong dude. The stats for the Ali fight were something like 130 to 30 total strikes in favor of Mighty Mouse.

When someone actually took it to him and did more than just survive like in the first McCall and Dodson fights, they won FOTN.

Hahaaa.. yes. Kinda barking up wrong tree here my friend.
I'll be a bit more describing then; other fighters make him look boring. In some eyes.
But yeah of course. Whatever ;)

Bendo vs Masvidal
I thought it had a lot of competitive striking and grapppling

You contradict yourself.
If they are boring, you don't like.

If you like it, they are not boring (to you).

Jones vs Glover.

Johnson vs Dodson 1,though I didn't find it boring,others did.

Aldo vs Edgar.

What are some old/current UFC fights that are widely considered meh/boring that you actually enjoy/rewatch?

I'll start with a couple for me

Forrest/Franklin
tumblr_mb0um87lu41ry1rm7o1_250.gif

GriffinFranklin3.gif

Basically any GSP fight
(Specifically I'll say GSP/Fitch and GSP Kos II for example)
georges-stpierre_jon-fitch.gif

g3_medium_medium.gif

What are some fights that aren't considered exciting/classics you enjoy?

I always enjoyed watching GSP fight. One fight that I found entertaining, which a lot of others moaned about, was Mousasi vs Latifi. People said Gegard coasted but his use of striking, distance and tdd in that fight were very impressive.

I talked to Starnes on here via PM before the Okami fight. He messaged me out of the blue. I Had high hopes for him!

I remember him saying Okami would have to kill him to lose.

Sherdog is a curse for fighters. Everyone who posts here goes on a downward spiral.

I dont know if this meets the criteria of boring fight but I know alot of sherdoggers thought so but I thought Machida- Mousasi was an extremely solid fight...

I enjoyed seeing Khabib out grapple RDA and Trujillo.
Maia vs Nelson wasn't too exciting, but it was great seeing him put on a clinic.

I didn't see Arlovski > Werdum as a serious comparison to Shamrock/ Severn II for all time worst UFC fights in history.

I was able to enjoy that.

I didn't find Shogun vs Griffin as seriously boring either.

Hell, I adore the extreme VAST MAJORITY of MMA fights as REAL combat sport entertainment.

I don't care HOW THE F' much "action" is in a fight(s).

Anyone who can gain entertainment from MMA fights like Coleman/ Takada or Shamrock/ Franklin should be shot in the head. Just watch Pro Wrassling if you need total non-stop action. It IS the sport for you.

I am a grappling fanatic. I quite literally find what many Sherdoggers term "LnP" as my favorite most enjoyable and entertaining fights in the twenty couple of years that I have been following MMA.

Check my history. I was big fans of O'Brien & Kos at the start of their UFC stints!

I should also clarify, that I also adore Boxing, kick boxing, Mundials, Freestyle & Grecko Roman wrestling and ADCC. I will however have ZERO interest in MMA if the just bleed tarded kiddies get their way and have grappling removed from MMA.

True story (analogy): Of the hundreds of Orioles Baseball games I have attended, I have one that stands above all for enjoyment value. Myself and three buddies went to a game where the opposing pitcher threw a no-hitter shutout, and our pitcher (Mike Mussina) threw a three hitter and lost 1-0! Two of my buddies couldn't bear it, walked around the concession area "bird watching" the whole game except to come back to the seats to demand that we leave. Me and the other buddy clearly recognized history and had our brains melted in enjoyment. It damn near came to "blows" when I told the other two to F' off, get out and take the subway home!

One of the two that couldn't take this game legitimately had ADHD.

Back