Boring fights that you like

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What are some old/current UFC fights that are widely considered meh/boring that you actually enjoy/rewatch?

I'll start with a couple for me

Forrest/Franklin
tumblr_mb0um87lu41ry1rm7o1_250.gif

GriffinFranklin3.gif

Basically any GSP fight
(Specifically I'll say GSP/Fitch and GSP Kos II for example)
georges-stpierre_jon-fitch.gif

g3_medium_medium.gif

What are some fights that aren't considered exciting/classics you enjoy?

Wasn't the most exciting fight, but I enjoyed Edgar shutting out Penn in the rematch.

People claim Overeem is fighting boring now because he's more cautious, but I love his fights.

Couture vs Ortiz. It was just Randy out-wrestling Tito for 5 rounds, but it was hilarious to see Randy literally spanking Tito like he was his son.

Silva vs Leites
Condit vs Diaz

Recently, I enjoyed Pettis vs Alvarez even though most people said it sucked and I was rooting for Pettis.

when the fuck did franklin and forest fight each other? da fuk?

Before you started watching MMA.

Basically any GSP and Dominick fight, along with several fights like Condit vs. Diaz.

I honestly think that the level of dominance and therefore greatness achieved by fighters like Dominick Cruz and especially Georges St-Pierre could never be referred to as boring, just like I think a smart fight can be way better than a bar brawl. Still, I acknowledge that common sense says they're not exciting, so that's my vote.

stefen struve vs jared roshalt.....jk
but Uriah vs Frankie

Basically any GSP and Dominick fight, along with several fights like Condit vs. Diaz.

I honestly think that the level of dominance and therefore greatness achieved by fighters like Dominick Cruz and especially Georges St-Pierre could never be referred to as boring, just like I think a smart fight can be way better than a bar brawl. Still, I acknowledge that common sense says they're not exciting, so that's my vote.
I've never felt bored during a fight with Dom or GSP in it, but I can see where some people would. I admire the high level game planning both fighters employ and stick to.

I don't think Fitch vs GSP was considered boring...

But anyway, the answer is any boring fight in which the guy I'm rooting for wins.

Back