Boremier does it again

Many of you are frothing at the mouth to find reasons to dislike Cormier. I still hope he stays in HW and he is still a threat for the belt.

It's funny that people literally manufacture reasons to hate him.

Cormier is legit but I agree, feels like he could do more considering how dominant he has been in his last fights.

It's the best wrestler in mma against a heavy puncher with a lot on the line for dc so he wasn't going to swing for the fences

Gil Diego really should have been co main, even on paper IMO. Still laughing my ass off imagining how pissed Dana must have been watching that.

Don't get me wrong people... I respect his skills but other than the good wrestling there was nothing shown here tonight that makes me think DC is on the same level as Cain or Jones, his fights of late lack that "Oh shit, That was an amazing fight" factor.

Hes a nice guy, have some respect.
tumblr_lvndwmj3MG1qfdxd7.gif

He dominated the damn fight. You might want to blame Nelson for doing absolutely nothing.

boremier lol. but really he hasn't been tested by anyone. has he even been slightly rocked once?

Sadly not enough 'Just Bleed' fans know who Gil is :(

No doubt hes good, I respect his skills but it just comes off as a boring fight, look at Cain, he has the same skillset but has never been in a boring fight.

PS Jones eats him at LHW XD

I didn't find it that boring. TBH, I think hes probably a better wrestler than Cain, but Cain is overall a better MMA fighter. As far as excitement, yes, Cain is more fun to watch because his standup is better and he has more power.

Not that convinced Jones walks through him. I would bet on Jones, but I think Cormier is competitive. I'd like to see him at 205 against top ten guys before he fights Jones, however.

it was a decent fight

it's just the rest of the card has been amazing

I think that he was feeling out the weight loss. He's not always boring.

Cormier is legit but I agree, feels like he could do more considering how dominant he has been in his last fights.

Weird post. What more do you want him to do, considering you believe he was dominating? Does he have to kill someone in the cage for you to be satisfied, or just KOs will do?

So you think he was boring? Ok make a 3 point bullet point on what he should have done to make it less boring.

Point out what he didn't do, that he should've done. I want concrete, tangible examples (so saying "he should've just done more" doesn't cut it).

He was in there throwing everything, so I don't know what more you want. He wasn't evasive, tentative, or was running away the whole time. Notice, the three examples I just gave are typically traits you would see in fighters that most people do in fact consider boring.

How can you add to that list? I blew up your argument. Game over.

He did what he had to to get the win... that is all, he never even looked for a finish, we was content to just "Fitch" the win, Props to him, he has mad skills, but I as a fight fan want to see a good fight not a imma hold you here for the first round then duck and bob.

Cormier controls Mir, Barnett goes on to KO Mir in 2 mins with the same gameplan.

Stipe completely mauls Nelson, Cormier takes a clear, tepid decision over Nelson.

Cormier doesn't do any favors for his stock since he's come over from strikeforce. He knows it too as he's said as much in interviews and knew he couldn't call out a champion after his performance tonight.

I sorta feel for him, beating Mir and Nelson isn't anything to scoff at but the bar is set somewhere he consistently hasn't been able to meet. Unfair? Arguably but it's the truth.

If he actually does drop down to LHW then he has to embarrass a contender or he won't get a shot anytime soon at 205 I think.

Back