Books you're reading now

91MDUVQTsWL.jpg
hows it?
i have been tempted to skip the end of the HH series to move on to the SoT series but Some of these late series titles are tempting. and the war within the webway is one thing i am lacking a good foundation in

@zapataxiv

It's good so far but I just started it a couple of days ago. It's ADB so I'm sure it'll be good. The last Heresy book I read was Unremembered Empire and I skipped a few that I intend to read after to go ahead and read another ADB book. I intend to read the whole Heresy series before starting SoT. I think Master of Mankind is my 28th out of 54 so I have a ways yet. I'm also reading proper 40k titles so that keeps things from getting stale.

9780593099322.jpg

I remember loving the movie in high school. I watched it again fairly recently and though there are still parts that I love, the movie is kind of a mess, and the overacting is rough.

Just started the book last night and really enjoying it.

I heard the hosts of the PKA podcast, specifically Kyle, raving about this book. I look forward to getting to read it. Maybe it's time for a trip to the library

I'm reading Ted Chiang's collections of short stories. They're good and interesting.

I heard the hosts of the PKA podcast, specifically Kyle, raving about this book. I look forward to getting to read it. Maybe it's time for a trip to the library
¨
Hehe, thats funny, Kyle talking about the book is what reminded me that I've been meaning to read it for like 15 years. I also read 11/22/63 based on his review of it, and I was not disappointed. I only discovered the PKA podcast by chance this year and I was like; wait, is that FPS Russia? I thought he was dead.

@zapataxiv

It's good so far but I just started it a couple of days ago. It's ADB so I'm sure it'll be good. The last Heresy book I read was Unremembered Empire and I skipped a few that I intend to read after to go ahead and read another ADB book. I intend to read the whole Heresy series before starting SoT. I think Master of Mankind is my 28th out of 54 so I have a ways yet. I'm also reading proper 40k titles so that keeps things from getting stale.
Nice ADB is one of my favorite 40k authors. Have you read the night lords series from him? Probably my favorite run of books from them aside from maybe the original HH series

Altas Shrugged. As someone who considers himself a capitalist I figured I would enjoy it but it's kind of a fucking chore. All the characters are absurdly one-dimensional to the point where I don't care for any of them. The good guys are all gifted with ruthless competence and are lean and uniquely or unconventionally beautiful. Conversely, the antagonists are all insufferable, ugly, and profoundly stupid. I find my constantly rolling my eyes at how irrational and unrealistic the plot points and characters' actions are.

9e87dbb73aac27b298a6d1989269f4b9-w204@1x.jpg

Fantastic. If anyone hasn't read a book in the courtney series I couldn't recommend them more. All of them are a great time.

Altas Shrugged. As someone who considers himself a capitalist I figured I would enjoy it but it's kind of a fucking chore. All the characters are absurdly one-dimensional to the point where I don't care for any of them. The good guys are all gifted with ruthless competence and are lean and uniquely or unconventionally beautiful. Conversely, the antagonists are all insufferable, ugly, and profoundly stupid. I find my constantly rolling my eyes at how irrational and unrealistic the plot points and characters' actions are.
your a leech

Nice ADB is one of my favorite 40k authors. Have you read the night lords series from him? Probably my favorite run of books from them aside from maybe the original HH series
I recently bought the Nightlords Omnibus as it was finally reprinted but that is one of over 20 30k/40k novels on my to be read pile so who knows when I will get around to it.

Book 7 of the Malazan Book of The Fallen: Reapers Gale.

Finally finished book 6, and it ended with a bang. Just started 7 last night, and barely into it yet. But after the way 6 ended, I'm hoping 7 picks up like that.

I recently bought the Nightlords Omnibus as it was finally reprinted but that is one of over 20 30k/40k novels on my to be read pile so who knows when I will get around to it.
Like i said it is my favorite
The characters are very memorable. The way the story is toldmis quite amazing as well. As in tenusual stories are heros using the best of humanity to fight waves of incomprehensible terror. This is quite different as they are astartes, and formidable astartes as they are from the original legions and children of their Primarch . But they have been shattered and reduced to scavaging an existence running from battles and plundering each other as much as the imperium. His brothers have become content to live as pirates but the protag who is cursed with prophetic vision (like kurze), has been having visions leading on a journey to lea dthe legion back into the war and against his daemonic influenced brothers (ADB night lords hate demonic influence and look down on psychic powers this is carried in the HH narratives too).

One of the things i found the most interesting was the twisted sense of morality and duty that ADB gave them really gives them a feeling that runs against other chaos archetypes in 40k who blend together imo.

If was one of my first 40k books and i reread it probably once a year. It took me two and a half weeks to finish it liast time i read the three books LOL i just couldn’t put em down

Back