Booking Dustin Porier VS Nate Diaz is the perfect move for the UFC.

iWas

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Books it on the same card as Khabib VS McGregor (most likley), look at the different scenarios.

* Khabib gets injured - Nate is already in camp and steps in against Conor for the interimbelt (yes they will make it a title fight).

* Conor gets injured - Dustin is a legit contender that deserves his shot at the title so he can step in against Khabib for the real belt.

* If Nate losses and McGregor losses they have everything set up for McGregor VS Diaz III because they just maked Diaz relevant again after years of not fighting.

* If Nate wins and Conor wins. - Damn Jackpot, McGregor VS Diaz III for the 155 belt, and rebooking Khabib VS Ferguson for the first contender.

* If Nate wins and Khabib wins - Just rebook Khabib VS Ferguson and still book McGregor VS Diaz III.

THIS IS PURE MAGIC!

Last edited:
Whoever did this is awesome:
Djk1uNjUUAAId0R.jpg

nevermind, they've changed it, I've read it was supposed to be at 170 few hrs ago

Last edited:
Whoever did this is awesome:
Djk1uNjUUAAId0R.jpg
Damn, I didn't think people just went fishing for likes anymore completly random. You must have a poor life.

Here have my like. I feel for you buddy.

Then why is it reported to be at 170? I understand that Nate would really struggle to make 155. But if Dustin should be ready to step in as replacemtn for the main he should be cutting.

Yeah, that sounds stupid. Had missed that. Can be a demand from Dustin so he doesn't risk his ranking and you know Conor would agree to fight Diaz on short term on 170 again.

It's a good fight for Dustin too, in the age where the UFC is a popularity context him fighting Nate brings him into the casual publics eye and a win will be huge, ratings gets you title shots.

Yeah, that sounds stupid. Had missed that. Can be a demand from Dustin so he doesn't risk his ranking and you know Conor would agree to fight Diaz on short term on 170 again.

yeh It was wrong info from LA times, they've said its 155

What if Diaz loses and Mcgregor wins? Mcgregor vs Proirier 2?
<6>

Not to mention Tony's, Eddie's and the others reaction after calling out Nate for so long <Lmaoo>

I think UFC staff has started to pray to Jesus, Shiva, Vishnu, Allah and buying some scientology books, for Conor and Nate win.

If that happens...

giphy.gif

I think UFC staff has started to pray to Jesus, Shiva, Vishnu, Allah and buying some scientology books, for Conor and Nate win.

If that happens...

giphy.gif

If that happens I can see Dana jizzing his pants in the Octagon reaching over the belt to Conor. And Tony Ferguson will be on suicide watch.

I am a Poirier fan and really don’t like that matchup. Nate is using his reach well and Dustin can be seen blocking punches with his face or trying to take one in order to give one.

Dustin is gambling his #1 spot in a high risk low reward scenario.

I am a Poirier fan and really don’t like that matchup. Nate is using his reach well and Dustin can be seen blocking punches with his face or trying to take one in order to give one.

Dustin is gambling his #1 spot in a high risk low reward scenario.
Sort of, the problem is that Poirier isn’t really #1 and he knows it. He’s behind Conor and maybe Ferguson if he’s healthy, and if Nate wanted a high profile fight over Poirier he’d probably get it too.

Dustin needs to back himself at this point. Beating Nate would be huge for his profile and he can do it. So he should try IMO. Don’t die wondering or wait for a title shot that he may never get.

All this may be true but yet again it would be forcing fighters to change their opponents at the last minute. Training for khabib is a little different than training for nate etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back