Booking Dustin Porier VS Nate Diaz is the perfect move for the UFC.

It's not on the same card assuming Mcgregor Khabib is taking place at 229 which seems extremely likely

Sort of, the problem is that Poirier isn’t really #1 and he knows it. He’s behind Conor and maybe Ferguson if he’s healthy, and if Nate wanted a high profile fight over Poirier he’d probably get it too.

Dustin needs to back himself at this point. Beating Nate would be huge for his profile and he can do it. So he should try IMO. Don’t die wondering or wait for a title shot that he may never get.
You’re right. I wish Dustin pulls it off.

I see Dustin smashing Diaz. Diaz is a bum gatekeeper who capitalized on having a style to give Conor fits, nothing more.

I see Dustin smashing Diaz. Diaz is a bum gatekeeper who capitalized on having a style to give Conor fits, nothing more.

Did you see Diaz VS Johnson and Dustin VS Johnson? Yeah I know MMA-match isn't a thing really but Diaz has done better against both Johnson and McGregor. His boxing is legit and he has the reach advantage. I can see Diaz outboxing Dustin. Cardio vise he smokes him.

Did you see Diaz VS Johnson and Dustin VS Johnson? Yeah I know MMA-match isn't a thing really but Diaz has done better against both Johnson and McGregor. His boxing is legit and he has the reach advantage. I can see Diaz outboxing Dustin. Cardio vise he smokes him.

Dustin is not the same fighter he was vs Johnson and Diaz doesn't have the power and speed to KO Dustin the way Johnson did.

You bring up a good point though. Well see at UFC 230.

Dustin is not the same fighter he was vs Johnson and Diaz doesn't have the power and speed to KO Dustin the way Johnson did.

You bring up a good point though. Well see at UFC 230.

After I watched his two fights against Eddie I see him as a talanted brawler. That's pretty much a dream match-up for both of the Diaz-brothers.

But yeah, can't wait to see it on UFC230. It looks like we will have a pretty awesome 6 months in the UFC.

Conor vs. khabib is 100% headlining MSG Nate on undercard makes it obvious perfect insurance Incase Khabib pulls that has been Conor’s main concern about khabib for years.

Smart business move on UFC and Conor’s part either fight will break PPV record if there’s 0 injuries it will smash record with Nate as co-main

Conor vs. khabib is 100% headlining MSG Nate on undercard makes it obvious perfect insurance Incase Khabib pulls that has been Conor’s main concern about khabib for years.

Smart business move on UFC and Conor’s part either fight will break PPV record if there’s 0 injuries it will smash record with Nate as co-main

100% huh?

So what do you think their plans are for 229?

Isn't it strange that they have a fuck load of fights announced for 230 and a grand total of 0 announced for 229?

It's almost like they are due to announce a massive fight to headline 229.

But what could it be?

You know by the end of today Nate is gonna say this is all bullshit and he hasn’t talked to anyone....probably accompanied by some middle fingers

You know by the end of today Nate is gonna say this is all bullshit and he hasn’t talked to anyone....probably accompanied by some middle fingers

Come on man, don't shit on my dreams! I'm hoping for Diaz to showing up on the presser tonight with Porier, Khabib än McGregor.

(And probably like a SWAT-team on place bringing Scrap-pack, Dagistan and the Irish at one place...)

Russia hacked my Google. What time is the big press conference today?

LeL! So true!

I'm worried with Khabib's lack of popcorn making skills that Nate and Conor would get into it and everyone would just want to see them instead. They have some divine chemistry in terms of fight promo. Nate would also seize the opportunity to jump to the front of the red panty line, like he did when he fought Michael Johnson.

Come on man, don't shit on my dreams! I'm hoping for Diaz to showing up on the presser tonight with Porier, Khabib än McGregor.

(And probably like a SWAT-team on place bringing Scrap-pack, Dagistan and the Irish at one place...)
I’m with ya man I hope it happens I’m a big fan of Nate just been frustrating every time there are reports he’s signed to fight he just says it’s all bullshit

Damn, I didn't think people just went fishing for likes anymore completly random. You must have a poor life.

Here have my like. I feel for you buddy.
200_d.gif

Conor could actually defend in that case though, that’ll shut the dorks up.

Then all sentences about Conor defending wouldn't be hypothetical fiction anymore. It's been years of fantasy from the Conor fans. They need something real to chew on.

Sort of.

The dorks still won’t shut up.

Even in fantasy "Conor has defended" land, us dorks get hated on :(

We can't win damn it.

But what if Conor wins and Nate loses?
That makes it hard to justify Conor Nate 3.

Then all sentences about Conor defending wouldn't be hypothetical fiction anymore. It's been years of fantasy from the Conor fans. They need something real to chew on.

Even in fantasy "Conor has defended" land, us dorks get hated on :(

We can't win damn it.
AHAHAHAHA, I’m not being serious in the slightest Forth my friend. Just mucking about since this fight has been teased for ages and now looks like it may actually happen.

Any thoughts on the likelihood of Conor/Khabib or the alleged Nate/Poirier fight?

Its a shame the lightweight title scene is so convoluted as by now tony should have had a shot and i think dustin more than deserves one at this point.
I assume the nate dustin winner is number 1 contender, if so where does that leave tony?

With that said though, if porier needs 1 more fight then the Nate fight is winnable and should give his public profile a huge boost among casual fans. I also think that having these two ready to go if/when something happens that khabib can't fight or make weight makes total sense because Connor v either of these two is a great fight.

I am a Poirier fan and really don’t like that matchup. Nate is using his reach well and Dustin can be seen blocking punches with his face or trying to take one in order to give one.

Dustin is gambling his #1 spot in a high risk low reward scenario.

Nate has been reaching for a bong for the last two years... Don't worry so much.

It will be a bloodbath and worth watching.

Back