Bones vs Cain

mr. Bones barely could take down Rampage, let alone mr. Rashad. How is he going to take down Mr. Cain? His best shot is to run for 25 minutes doing his little knee kicks and front kicks (which is the most cowardly move ever).

He didn't even attempt to take down Rashad. There was no need to. He dominated Rashad so badly on the feet. And he took down Rampage twice. The first was the flying triangle attempt that if there were 10 more seconds, he would have gotten, and the second resulted in the RNC which finished the fight. I think he could take down Cain if he wanted. He would not be successful on every attempt, but it would be very difficult for Cain to work his way back up once he was down.

Also, why is oblique kick a cowardly move? It's a legal move in a fight. It's aim is no different than a leg kick to the side of the knee, which is to hyper extend the knee joint, or damage the acl and mcl to the point of incapacitation. The oblique kick is done by many people, including everyone's hero Anderson Silva. But only Jon Jones gets any flack for doing it.

I don't know what the betting lines would be but it seems that every time a fighter looks like a rangy, unsolvable puzzle like Jones does now, the answer has always seemed to be pressure as was the case for Machida, JDS, Erick Silva, Anderson Silva(even though he beat Sonnen) so we'd have to see someone jump all over Jones to find out if that would throw him off.

Yeah, but unlike the rest of those guys, JBJ is a really good offensive wrestler. And his GnP is just absolutely killer. I think pressuring him would be a dangerous answer, since it would lead to getting taken down and eating some monster elbows. Assuming Jon can tack on 15 or 20 pounds and get up close to 240 (maybe start eating some of Overeem's horse meat?), I think he'd probably be favored. It partly depends on the Sonnen fight, but if Jones can stop and reverse Sonnen's shots the same way he did Bader's, I think he'd have to be the favorite.

Your not going to get rational responses from Sherdog. Most people on this forum have reactionary syndrome - Someone is the greatest ever after their most recent win, then they become a can after their most recent loss.

There really is nothing to gain from asking people who they think will win match xyz because 9/10 the answers your get are retarded. Best to draw your own conclusions.

He didn't even attempt to take down Rashad. There was no need to. He dominated Rashad so badly on the feet. And he took down Rampage twice. The first was the flying triangle attempt that if there were 10 more seconds, he would have gotten, and the second resulted in the RNC which finished the fight. I think he could take down Cain if he wanted. He would not be successful on every attempt, but it would be very difficult for Cain to work his way back up once he was down.

Also, why is oblique kick a cowardly move? It's a legal move in a fight. It's aim is no different than a leg kick to the side of the knee, which is to hyper extend the knee joint, or damage the acl and mcl to the point of incapacitation. The oblique kick is done by many people, including everyone's hero Anderson Silva. But only Jon Jones gets any flack for doing it.

Its cowardly because it involves not much risk. Its easy to pull off, easy to get away with, easy to aim, etc. Its just an easy, safe move from the outside.

I will say this, Mr. bones best move to win would be a choke since he so tall and cain would be looking for the takedowns. Also when getting back to this feet, he plants his hand/arm to the mat.

Cain will always be a beast, but Jones at HW is gonna be a super saiyan.
Jones always fought with skills because he believe in DBZ skills and note, JDS don't even use elbow, Jones does and his reach is still too much for Cain.
Jones is still 84" reach and Cain only 76" reach and that's like 8 inches reach different.

Jones also know wrestling like Cain, look at some opponent he has thrown and suplex like Bader and Bonnar

Jones cardio is as good as Cain, look at him in 5 rounds against his friend Reshad whom Jones go easy on him, Jones just toys around with Reshad for 5 rounds because he don't want to brutally elbow his friend.

I think it's a 50/50, but Jones at HW is gonna be a big threat to HW in UFC.
people always compare weight, weight make no difference.

It's not about weight much anymore, it's about skills more now in the UFC.
if weight is the most important thing then you can just throw a big fat 500ibs untrained newbie and he can whoop the UFC champ lol.

i am glad Cain won in the rematch. it happen so close like my dream but Cain won instead of loss.
in my dream Cain brutalize JDS bad like how the fight was yesterday lol, but JDS come back to KO Cain, but man i can't believe Cain beat JDS quite easy last night.
i think i did said Cain has to be beast mode to beat JDS and he was on beast mode yesterday while JDS was so nervous and shaking at the weigh in.

JDS will come back stronger, but i think Overeem will be champ by then.
Cain and JDS is 1-1 now, i love to see a 3rd trilogy fight.

i think Overeem know his cardio is weak compare to Cain so he will likely trying to overpower his opponent in the 1st round or 2nd round before he gas out.
when he fight Big Foot, i already know what Overeem will do, he will probably going to do what he did to Brock, kick to the liver and clinch and knees. he won't be scare of Big Foot lie Werdum cause Big Foot haven't sub anymore and suck on eth ground unlike Werdum.

Overeem vs Cain in July 4th or August.

These people just make shit up lol. Jones was 2 for 6 on Rampage, one leading to his head being bust open, and the other ending the fight. The 4 failed attempts? The stupid crawl attempt at the start, and the rest were quick trip attempts. No struggle like you said.

Jones most times lets take downs come to him, you never see him in a life death struggle trying to get someone down. Only two attempts on Rashad, with one completed.

I think Cain will win if he finds success chopping away at Jones's base with leg kicks. If not, I would pick Jones to win.

Its cowardly because it involves not much risk. Its easy to pull off, easy to get away with, easy to aim, etc. Its just an easy, safe move from the outside.

I will say this, Mr. bones best move to win would be a choke since he so tall and cain would be looking for the takedowns. Also when getting back to this feet, he plants his hand/arm to the mat.

So it's cowardly because it's a move that if a person is good enough, they can pull it off with relative ease and safety. That is perhaps by far the dumbest logic I have ever seen on Sherdog since I've been around.

So it's cowardly because it's a move that if a person is good enough, they can pull it off with relative ease and safety. That is perhaps by far the dumbest logic I have ever seen on Sherdog since I've been around.

i know apparently using strategy is a unfair advantage

I don't think that's cowardly. Honestly, that's good game planning. I don't get pissed at football teams that decide to run the ball the rest of the game because they're up by 20. This is the same thing.

It's about economy of motion, Do the most amount of damage without opening yourself up too much. Why should the other guy be able to strike back?

everyone taking this thread seriously is whats wrong with sherdog/mma fans

Come on guy.. I know "weight classes exist for a reason" and all that, but at the same time, the difference usually isn't nearly as drastic as one might think.

In fact, a large # of the more elite fighters only cut because they think they'd have a better shot at the GOLD of each division, but otherwise they do really great against the rest of the division.

Perfect Example: Sean Sherk at 170. At WW, Sean only lost two fights. One against Matt Hughes in his prime and for the Championship Belt, The other to Georges St.Pierre

Every other fight he had was a win, including a win over Nick Diaz and two wins over Karo Parisyan.

There are way more "sean sherk"'s out there than you might think. Some high profile like Hendo, who in his career has beaten two of the best heavyweights of all time, Fedor and Big Nog, and two of the best LHW's of all time Wand and Shogun, despite being a MW and some a little less so

point is, considering the extremely exceptional fighter that Jon Jones is, it's stupid to write off him beating ANYONE at HW, even Cain. Especially when you take into consideration that Jones is a very large LHW and Cain and most other top HW's are not much bigger.

with the Lesnar's and Carwin's gone, there's very few HW's out there that make it seem silly for a LHW to move up.

I get how good Cain is, but Jon Jones is unbelievable himself

Come on guy.. I know "weight classes exist for a reason" and all that, but at the same time, the difference usually isn't nearly as drastic as one might think.

In fact, a large # of the more elite fighters only cut because they think they'd have a better shot at the GOLD of each division, but otherwise they do really great against the rest of the division.

Perfect Example: Sean Sherk at 170. At WW, Sean only lost two fights. One against Matt Hughes in his prime and for the Championship Belt, The other to Georges St.Pierre

Every other fight he had was a win, including a win over Nick Diaz and two wins over Karo Parisyan.

There are way more "sean sherk"'s out there than you might think. Some high profile like Hendo, who in his career has beaten two of the best heavyweights of all time, Fedor and Big Nog, and two of the best LHW's of all time Wand and Shogun, despite being a MW and some a little less so

point is, considering the extremely exceptional fighter that Jon Jones is, it's stupid to write off him beating ANYONE at HW, even Cain. Especially when you take into consideration that Jones is a very large LHW and Cain and most other top HW's are not much bigger.

with the Lesnar's and Carwin's gone, there's very few HW's out there that make it seem silly for a LHW to move up.

I get how good Cain is, but Jon Jones is unbelievable himself

sean sherk is also a a steroid freak but i wont argue with anyone that has hendo has there av

Back