Bolton and Magnusson at Finnish PL Tournament

Origins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
:: Bodylehti.fi :: BODYLehti kovaa treenaaville ::

It is in Finnish, but using Google Translate you can get a general idea of what they are talking about (although for some reason it translates the word for "kilograms" to "pounds").

Apparently Magnusson lifted raw and Bolton lifted geared, so they weren't technically competing against each other, but you know they must have been VERY interested in each other's pulls. They are, after all, getting ready for the Andy Bolton Deadlift Challenge.

The text on the page says that Benni pulled 424.5 kgs, but the picture indicates a 442.5 pull. Raw. 442.5 kgs=975 pounds. Bolton pulled 445 kgs geared. Which is 981 pounds.

Benni's 975 would be the new world record for raw DL, eclipsing Bolton's raw record of 953.

This adds a whole new dimension to Bolton's DL challenge. Fucking scary.

Omg, but look at him. Such a fat powerlifter.

Is that strength even functional at all?

Not srs.

975 raw? that must be a typo... holy crap

Bolton says he's not going to use a suit anymore for DLing.

Jesus. It didn't seem that hard for him. So intense when he approaches the bar.

Has Konstantinovs confirmed yet?

Confirmed...what?

I don't know what this had to do with my post, but I assume you mean his presence at the DL competition that's supposed happen next year?

I don't believe so.

At this point, he can't touch Bolton or Benni, anyway. I don't know if anyone can beat Benni right now.

Confirmed...what?

I don't know what this had to do with my post, but I assume you mean his presence at the DL competition that's supposed happen next year?

I don't believe so.

At this point, he can't touch Bolton or Benni, anyway. I don't know if anyone can beat Benni right now.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. I haven't read anything about his recent pulling or training, so I'm not really sure how he would currently stack up to them. After seeing Magnusson pull in that video though, he looked like he had more in him...

KK is a beast of a deadlifter but still is not in the range of these two...

That's unbelievable he lifted it with such ease. He even had a very controlled descent of the barbell from the lock out position. That guy is the definition of strong.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. I haven't read anything about his recent pulling or training, so I'm not really sure how he would currently stack up to them. After seeing Magnusson pull in that video though, he looked like he had more in him...

Well, KK's all time PR, which he hasn't matched for a while, is 939lbs.

KK is a beast of a deadlifter but still is not in the range of these two...

I would like to see what KK could do weighing 300+ lbs.

Maybe, depending on his leverages, weighing as much as Benni or Bolton wouldn't make a huge difference, but who knows. Some people pull more at lower weights.

That's unbelievable he lifted it with such ease. He even had a very controlled descent of the barbell from the lock out position. That guy is the definition of strong.

He put it down like you'd put a deadlift down?

He put it down like you'd put a deadlift down?

I was just stating how smooth and controlled the descent of the barbell was down to the floor again. I have seen a few videos before of some power lifters just flopping with barbell to the floor. This has some potential for injury form the severe jerking motion of the barbell. Also I always see a lot of people just flopping down with the bar at gyms around where I live. I just liked how it looked.

Omg, but look at him. Such a fat powerlifter.

Is that strength even functional at all?

Not srs.

Looks like it is pretty functional for his purposes. What the hell do you mean "functional"?

Damnit. Up until now I could say that nobody could deadlift twice as much as me raw. Now I cannot.

Back