Rumored Bokator is not muaythai's father

In 1945 a British Pathe team visited Thailand there, he found Muaythai, then the British Pathe team visited Myanmar and found Lethwei, however when he visited Cambodia he did not find Bokator. It is traditional Khmer Boxing that is not Bokator.

Siamese Boxing 1945

Lethwei Burmese Boxing 1945

Khmer Boxing 1945

Well I assumed that was true before you posted but ironically the clip you posted seems to show that Muay Khmer actually had the dance element back then, much more than modern videos Ive seen which kinda makes Bokator seem more legit.

Well I assumed that was true before you posted but ironically the clip you posted seems to show that Muay Khmer actually had the dance element back then, much more than modern videos Ive seen which kinda makes Bokator seem more legit.
But that's what I'm talking about. In Cambodia there was wrestling and Boxing. However, there was no Bokator. This is the question I want to talk about. I have already presented several proofs of the Existence of Muay, Muay Boran and Muaythai. The Bokator really exhausts itself. Match me Proof? Vale recalls that this video is long before the Khmer Rouge.

Number 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90 in khmer are the loanwords from Thai. Khmer royal palace were copied from Thailand (It was build in the new style and have European architecture influence no way that khmer will build something similar) , Khon (Khon is the new arts that were invented only few hundreds years ago in that time Thailand wasn't part of khmer empire. There are a lots of Thai style culture that we developed from ancient khmer culture , just like Japan adopted Chinese culture and changed it. Khmer adopted a lot of modern Thai culture and though that it was a pure ancient khmer culture. And finally this kind of costume , This is the Thai national costume. It is not the old style 120 years ago King of Thailand feel embarrassed and don't want the western People look down that we don't have a proper clothes to wear. So we invented the new one that look good on the western eyes. And Khmer adopted that believed it was a ancient khmer clothes, even though it history is less than 150years.
main-qimg-488b20024808ba3fcd3ae805c015748d.jpg
main-qimg-4f22af587d24f9866718f59491b8b044.jpg

main-qimg-05a71eea3e1333fe0e3e33184a7e6fe0.jpg

Back