Body slam is never used in UFC

You never see the Macho Man flying elbow either.

I totally hate the way CM Punk used to screw it up. At least HBK made it look credible.

FrenchNeighboringDeinonychus-max-1mb.gif

FBbu.gif

BogusSlightGyrfalcon-size_restricted.gif

Probably because the USADA effect dimishes their strength and energy.

If you ever attempt to try one with your partner, you’d know how tiring it is.

(Not UFC but...) How Fedor survived that megaslam and went on to recover and submit Randleman still astonishes me to this day.

I legit don't understand how Fedor wasn't paralysed by that.

(Not UFC but...) How Fedor survived that megaslam and went on to recover and submit Randleman still astonishes me to this day.
He tucked his head in near the end of the slam protecting himself from getting spiked on his head

He tucked his head in near the end of the slam protecting himself from getting spiked on his head

Still doesn't change the extreme force and shock to his neck and spinal cord.

It's a minor miracle that nothing bad seemingly came from that.

True but it does stop the quick and massive compression that would have occurred to his neck and spine

Yeah basically all from Cormier.

They do zero damage 99% of the time and waste a bunch of the intiator's energy for not much point value. It's a crowd-pleaser though.
When they land clean flat on the back like hendo did they don't do that much damage, but when they land on the upperback/neck/head they are terrifying.

I legit don't understand how Fedor wasn't paralysed by that.

I've seen high school kids get suplexed like that and keep wrestling. That's why you tuck your chin like that. It's not nearly as dangerous as people seem to think... unless you don't know what you're doing and decide to look up over your head to see where you're going. Then you die.

No it isn't. Tucking your chin absolutely does change the extreme force and shock on the neck and spinal column. It used to be the first thing we would teach our high school wrestlers back when suplexes were legal in high school wrestling. It often knocks the wind out of less experienced guys, but the only people I've ever seen get badly injured from a suplex are guys who don't tuck their chin and arms in.

Watch Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones, and Kevin Lee.

ThoroughAnimatedCurlew-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

Back