Body slam is never used in UFC

(Not UFC but...) How Fedor survived that megaslam and went on to recover and submit Randleman still astonishes me to this day.

Think fedor was a little sleepy and that slam woke him up!
Seriously though I agree and don't understand how the slam didn't at least break his neck.

giphy.gif

aQAHEHyN-Mz-xtwPKBS41Dk3kK7ufQtdwC-q88ep5_I.gif
Wmma looks so pathetic.

DC has the best body slams in the UFC.

Wmma looks so pathetic.
Not nearly as pathetic as your shitty opinion, you fat, basement dwelling, never take showers dumbass. The only thing you body slam is Cheetos down your throat all day. You making some dumb comment about WMMA doesn’t make you more of a man.

DC has the best body slams in the UFC.

Not nearly as pathetic as your shitty opinion, you fat, basement dwelling, never take showers dumbass. The only thing you body slam is Cheetos down your throat all day. You making some dumb comment about WMMA doesn’t make you more of a man.
Im pretty sure i could do anything to you that i wanted

I agree, it seems like a very inefficient move to go for. I also think it's a difficult technique to practice with any real intensity due to the inherent risk of injuring your training partner, so that has something to do with it aswell.

I will say this though: slams of any type would immediately become absolutely devastating if the Octagon floor didn't have any sort of cushion to it.

they're still pretty devastating. just people don't allow themselves to get slammed hard most of the time.

i don't know why people think they cause "zero damage 99% of the time" getting slammed is higher impact than takedowns, and takedowns DEFINITELY do damage by just tiring the other guy out.

No doubt a body slam would be devastating on the street/concrete, but maybe because a body slam takes a lot of energy but isnt terribly effective in the octagon with its relatively soft floor? And piledriving someone on their head is banned.

Bloody slams aren't energy efficient is why you don't see them much.

Just to be clear, most of the gifs in this thread are suplexes, double legs, high crotches, or single legs.

Rampage v Badar is a legit (attempted) body slam.

Jesus, some of those gifs hurt to even watch.

But yeah, Hughes had some good ones.

And they didn't call Jackson "Slampage" for no reason.

The newton slam was the first one That came to mind.
Yeah seeing some of these are brutal.

Back