Bobby Knuckle's jaw: not a dislocation but bilateral parasymphyseal fractures

I saw a picture really similar to that fairly recently, but I cannot for the life of me recall which fight it was from... definitely a UFC fight probably in the last year?

Basically, bottom front teeth separated from the rest just like that.

I like some of these made up words, though, good imagination!

<seedat>
Devin Clark against Cutelaba iirc (sorry if someone's already answered that, haven't read the full thread).

He's did that same crank to numerous fighters, no one's ever tapped, chill Lucille.
Wtf are u talking about he cracked chim with choke which is rare and scary as fuck and you try to act like you know too much get a life beach and thats also at 185 this time no more extreme weght cutting

I think Robs is a horizontal alveolar fracture, not a full mandibular fracture. But for me to be sure, I need to see the black and whites, this pic of his mouth really is just a mess.
You might be right. Now the elbow theory (the slow motion shot someone posted earlier of Khamzat elbowing him against the cage) makes more sense as causing the initial crack, and then the jaw crank popping the fractured ridge of bone fully out.

I don't remember Rob's facial contour looking narrowed after the fight when he was giving props to Khamzat which also supports this mechanism.

Although class 4 alveolar injuries DO go through the mandible, in general alveolar breaks are less severe because they aren't transcortical (go through both sides of the bone).

1730011818470.png

If this is the case, the biomechanics of his jaw may not be altered that much and he would be able to return sooner.

I think it will be the winner of DDP/Khamzat against the winner of Strickland/Borralho. They're not going to redo Imavov/Strickland.

By the time Rob recovers, he'll get the loser of the latter title eliminator fight, probably late 2025. If he doesn't win that shot, it would probably be his last run.

Last edited:
Nope. But fake teeth maybe lol

hmmmm

d18e44136f17f437c458eb1721343aa8.jpg

DO IT BOBBY

bobbert was coming 0-0 into the first round
was both winning and losing until he lost

You're probably right. Now the elbow theory (the slow motion shot someone posted earlier of Khamzat elbowing him against the cage) makes more sense as causing the initial crack, and then the jaw crank popping the fractured ridge of bone fully out.

I don't remember Rob's facial contour looking narrowed after the fight when he was giving props to Khamzat which also supports this mechanism.

Although class 4 alveolar injuries DO go through the mandible, in general alveolar breaks are less severe because they aren't transcortical (go through both sides of the bone).

If this is the case, the biomechanics of his jaw may not be altered that much and he would be able to return sooner.

I think it will be the winner of DDP/Khamzat against the winner of Strickland/Izzy.

By the time Rob recovers, he'll get the loser of the latter title fight, probably late 2025. If he doesn't win that shot, it would probably be his last run.
Lol, believe me, if he had that type of trauma what you first described he would not have stayed in the cage for a second, not being able to talk etc.

I got these type of patients on my screen every other day, and although I rarely meet them, I know how severe their acute symptoms are.

The elbow messed him up. So many people just seemingly thinking the submission attempt broke his face in half.

I saw a picture really similar to that fairly recently, but I cannot for the life of me recall which fight it was from... definitely a UFC fight probably in the last year?

Basically, bottom front teeth separated from the rest just like that.

I like some of these made up words, though, good imagination!

<seedat>
Pretty sure it was when Devin Clark fought Ion Cutelaba

Lol, believe me, if he had that type of trauma what you first described he would not have stayed in the cage for a second, not being able to talk etc.

I got these type of patients on my screen every other day, and although I rarely meet them, I know how severe their acute symptoms are.
I've seen some pretty bad mandibular fractures where the patients were talking and even articulating.

Beyond imaging the presence of anesthesia in distribution of the inferior alveolar nerve would require fixation even without the fracture being seen.

I thought I was the only MD degenerate on sherdog, thanks for the discussion.

I've seen some pretty bad mandibular fractures where the patients were talking and even articulating.

Beyond imaging the presence of anesthesia in distribution of the inferior alveolar nerve would require fixation even without the fracture being seen.

I thought I was the only MD degenerate on sherdog, thanks for the discussion.
Haha, thanks for the laughs. Great troll thread.
Almost spilled my coffee all over.

Is this the same injury that happened to the guy with the Milwaukee bucks tattoo, that had his old man coach him? I remember similar photos from one of his post fight photos, I forgot the dudes name

Back