• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bo Could Beat Izzy

The champion that was a weightclass higher??

hahahaha, what a retarded example.

Quit embarrassing yourself, nerd

Calling a Jan a good wrestler based on his weight class shows how retarded you are pal

Calling a Jan a good wrestler based on his weight class shows how retarded you are pal

Hey dummy, wake up!! Jan got Izzy down cause he set s##t up with his boxing and timed his TDs. Jan had 25+ lbs as well on Izzy and that certainly gives him an advantage in getting TD's and maintaining top position.

Get your head out your a##, Izzy would absolutely humiliate Bo right now. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. It's an unfair fight between a top MMA fighter and an amateur, no one would even sanction it.

Hey dummy, wake up!! Jan got Izzy down cause he set s##t up with his boxing and timed his TDs. Jan had 25+ lbs as well on Izzy and that certainly gives him an advantage in getting TD's and maintaining top position.

Get your head out your a##, Izzy would absolutely humiliate Bo right now. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. It's an unfair fight between a top MMA fighter and an amateur, no one would even sanction it.
tl;dr

Jan got his ass ragdolled by an 80 year old Glover

Jan’s boxing sucks and he doesn’t have power

tl;dr

Jan got his ass ragdolled by an 80 year old Glover

Jan’s boxing sucks and he doesn’t have power

LOL, you suck. Beat it clown.

I'm far from mad. I find it hilarious whenever clowns like you come along with your delusions.

Nothing delusional about the greatest middleweight of all time Bo Nickal destroying your weak division with ease

Nothing delusional about the greatest middleweight of all time Bo Nickal destroying your weak division with ease

Okay pal. Got it

No offense but he hasn't fought anyone of Izzy's caliber yet but he does look promising.

I still don't understand why people think Izzy's TDD is not top tier at 185. He can dictate and control distance through his size and reach which allows him to see takedown attempts incoming while being incredibly strong. He uses leverage, timing, strength and cage awareness to stop takedown threats. This is proven.

In theory you would think Bo could based off of his resume alone, but collegiate wrestling credentials don't always translate to MMA and it's been proven countless times, so automatically assuming it would happen is almost naive.

OP seems like wishful thinking more than reality. Possibly in the future, but it seems highly unlikely as things stand.

Experience matters and despite collegiate accolades, plenty of guys have failed to capture a UFC title - Askren, Munoz, Phil Davis, Koscheck just to name a few.
First of if Bo grabs Izzy hes doing what Bo allows him to do.
Secondly he is a level above literally any other wrestler as far as credentials and trophies than anyone that has come before him
Cejudo and Yoel were not Folkstyle wrestlers which is the better style that translates to MMA.
Outside of them the only guy with a remotely close resumes to him are Cormier and Askren.
Cormier hardly used his wrestling and askren was a month out from hip surgery and way over the hill.
3xNCAAchamp in dominant fashion
U23 world champ
Only reason he isnt world and olympic medalist is because David Taylor exists.

Would be interesting to watch so soon. But Izzy could basically force him to stand and Bo could not have the experience to adjust his gameplan like someone more experienced and get finished. Bo could get fast tracked and do it soon, but he needs to be ready for the different ways guys have TDD. He has the best style to matchup with Izzy, but we need to know about his BJJ and striking.
Seriously if Bo is able to grab Izzy or get him.against the cage how the hell do you think Izzy stops his takedowns? Bo willchain wrestle and transition to 5 different takedowns before Izzy even knows what's going on.

Bro, were you going to pretend Nickal is a better wrestler than Ed Ruth?!

Are you DRUNK?
Nickal is better than Ruth. But it is close for sure.
Nickal is slightly more credentialed.
However Nickal is a better athlete, more diverse attacks and a smarter fighter/wrestler.

Seriously if Bo is able to grab Izzy or get him.against the cage how the hell do you think Izzy stops his takedowns? Bo willchain wrestle and transition to 5 different takedowns before Izzy even knows what's going on.
I think right now he uses distance control to pepper him, uses cage to walk back up, and then tries to sub from bottom. I think Bo needs to evolve first.

I think right now he uses distance control to pepper him, uses cage to walk back up, and then tries to sub from bottom. I think Bo needs to evolve
Izzy is going to cage walk up against Bo?
Going to sub from bottom?
Doubtful

Probably. Izzy is a high level striker and if Bo is coming at him with takedowns aggressively he's likely to get caught coming coming in until he gets his striking and transitions to that level. Fence walking is why strikers have been dominant in UFC lately.

In theory you would think Bo could based off of his resume alone, but collegiate wrestling credentials don't always translate to MMA and it's been proven countless times, so automatically assuming it would happen is almost naive.
They do always translate. They don't always result in championships at the elite level, but I can't think of any time that they simply haven't translated.

He would get beaten by anyone in the top 15. I don't think you quite understand how this sport works. Just cause the guy has strong background in wrestling, doesn't mean he's coming into mma and will start beating top 15 fighters. It takes time to develop a mma game to beat fighters of that level. Fight experience takes time vs fighters of a lower level. Bo has a great base, but needs more experience vs guys his level and fighters that are unranked. We've seen guys that have a strong background like him start beating ranked opponents, but that's about 8-9 fights in and that takes 2-3 years.
Brock Lesnar...?

Back