• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER (New Poll: Predict Worldwide Box Office Gross)

Predict BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER's Total Worldwide Box Office Gross

• 1.8 billion to $1.999 billion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.2 billion to $2.399 billion

• $2.4 billion and above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this, introducing Namor as a villain, but the problem is BP is no match for Namor mano y mano.
its as big a mismatch as you can get. I don't know how you make that compelling without nerfing Namor or using a silly macguffin to make BP OP

Namor's a great character. My only worry is they'll Nerf him, because in the comics he's way out of Black Panther's league. Even with the Vibranium suit, there's no way T'Challa could stand and bang with Healthy, Motivated Namor with, That Look in his eye.
Dude, did we just become best friends? Again?

And Ultron should have been created by Hank Pym, not Tony Stark and Bruce Banner... But here we are.

Speaking of which, although I do think James
Spader is a good actor he was the wrong choice
to voice Ultron. Should of sound more like he did
in the animated Avengers: EMHs.

I love this, introducing Namor as a villain, but the problem is BP is no match for Namor mano y mano.
its as big a mismatch as you can get. I don't know how you make that compelling without nerfing Namor or using a silly macguffin to make BP OP
Jiujutsu.

Speaking of which, although I do think James
Spader is a good actor he was the wrong choice
to voice Ultron. Should of sound more like he did
in the animated Avengers: EMHs.

It was obviously an artistic choice which, I tend to agree, didn't work as well as hoped. Whedon obviously didn't want Ultron to be the just the Terminator with daddy issues character that you'd kind of expect him to be so he went with an actor who would bring a lot of humanity into the presentation, making him seem quite human in his failings. It's not even a bad idea, but Ultron didn't work out on a few levels.

If you're a comic-book fan you know that Wakanda is in for some tough times ahead if it follows what Namor did in the comics.... :(

Namor-floods-Wakanda.-Avengers-v-X-men.jpg
Didn't Wakanda nuke Atlantis in response?

As for the villain, I guess early reports were wrong and....

(which would've been another huge mismatch)

edit: why did I think Attuma was rumored to be the villain, am I making that up?

In the Comics, BP has been beaten by Captain America. He was absolutely curb-stomped by Doom. Namor can stand and bang with The Thing and the Hulk. Even out of water, he's a hundered times stronger than T'Challa. The suit will only take him so far; remember how Tony struggled against Thor in the first Avengers movie? Yeah, he landed some good shots, but Thor was able to crush the Armour with his bare hands, and almost certainly would have won if Cap hadn't intervened.

Agreed Namor will eventually do a Heel-Face Turn and become an Anti-Hero.

yes but using Iron Man in the first avenger movie whereas he continues to develops and enhances his armor.. I confess to not being up to date on current comics but from what little I have read Iron Man develops extremely powerful armor and gets to bang with galactic powerful entities. He's done it multiple times so even if he loses he is no weakling. Just saying that Iron Man continually improves sand so does BP. As for BP he has vibranium for his armor so that's a plus.

Again I totally agree that Namor should be stronger than BP. By how much is the question. Under the water he should be practically invincible... outside of it.. who knows. he used to get weaker the longer he is away from a body of water so that will be a factor if they bang for sure. Finally BP's power is mystical in nature. They could expound on this. Is he going to become the necromancer like in the comic books "King of the Dead"?... does he actually have powers to raise the dead? (I never read that back in the day).

Marvel are smart enough to see this problem and address it. The only similarity between DCEU's Aquaman and MCU's Namor will be that they're both Atlantian superheroes. Their backgrounds, personalities and motivations will be polar opposites. I expect Namor to be much more aloof and brooding, probably hating the surface dwellers and willing to wipe Wakanda off the map.

Let's face it, Aquaman played to Mamoa's strengths, one of which is the ability to make bitches wetter than Atlantis. We won't see any scenes where Namor does an awesome hair-flip and then asks, "Permission to come aboard?";)

Mamoa should've played either Lobo or Namor
instead of Aquaman.

yes but using Iron Man in the first avenger movie whereas he continues to develops and enhances his armor.. I confess to not being up to date on current comics but from what little I have read Iron Man develops extremely powerful armor and gets to bang with galactic powerful entities. He's done it multiple times so even if he loses he is no weakling. Just saying that Iron Man continually improves sand so does BP. As for BP he has vibranium for his armor so that's a plus.

Again I totally agree that Namor should be stronger than BP. By how much is the question. Under the water he should be practically invincible... outside of it.. who knows. he used to get weaker the longer he is away from a body of water so that will be a factor if they bang for sure. Finally BP's power is mystical in nature. They could expound on this. Is he going to become the necromancer like in the comic books "King of the Dead"?... does he actually have powers to raise the dead? (I never read that back in the day).

The Vibranium Suit is a huge advantage, being able to absorb kinetic energy and then return it. But even the suit has limitations. In the last battle against Killmonger and his troops, Panther is hit point-blank by some kind of heavy weapon. While he survives without serious energy, he's KO'd for a few moments by the sheer impact. And Namor, even after being out of water for a considerable time, hits way harder than that weapon.

I’ve always wondered why Namor would want to take over Wakanda? I guess the vibtanium, but I’m down with this story. Sounds interesting and Marvel does a pretty good job at these movies.

I'm guessing perhaps some kind of plot were Wakanian tech is potentially damaging Atlantis? or the reverse and Atlantian tech threatens Wakanda? probably already been mentioned but the earthquake that gets brought up to Nat in End Game is probably hinting at that.

Last edited:
Hmm wonder if it will beat out the first one and become the new #1 all time movie on rotten tomatoes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back