• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER (New Poll: Predict Worldwide Box Office Gross)

Predict BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER's Total Worldwide Box Office Gross

• 1.8 billion to $1.999 billion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.2 billion to $2.399 billion

• $2.4 billion and above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Namor would push Black Panther's shit in.

He's banged it out with Hulk and Thor.

Smh.

Idk about that, Mamoaman was basically a frat guy with super powers.

Namor is more like the villain from that movie, if anything.
Name me a frat guy that is a loner and bad ass surfer dude. Bad analogy smh

I don’t care about all the faux racial outrage over this flick but I do predict the 2nd film will not be nearly as successful as the 1st.

I think a lot of the success of the 1st film was hype wrapped up in equal parts outrage and surprise that the film was actually of decent quality. I don’t see the 2nd film having that same things driving it’s success.

I personally didn’t think the film was any better than its competitors in the comic realm -but to be fair I’m not a huge Marvel/Comic film guy so take that for what it’s worth. It wasn’t a bad film tho.

A great way to introduce Namor and Atlantis! make it happen!!

If you're a comic-book fan you know that Wakanda is in for some tough times ahead if it follows what Namor did in the comics.... :(

Namor-floods-Wakanda.-Avengers-v-X-men.jpg

Keanu Reeves could play Namor the Submariner, then glue mutton chops on him to play Wolverine.

Hope they stay similar with the comic book version of Namor, but a bit darker. Iirc, he was moody, self righteous... a bit petty and vain too as well, on paper.

Last edited:
Shouldn't he be a villain in FF instead?
Ideally yes. But Marvel Studios' first F4 movie probably will be released after 2021 and the first movie will probably not feature Namor. So you would have to wait for the F4 sequel, let's say 2024, for Namor to be introduced. At least with Black Panther 2, Namor would be introduced to the MCU earlier compared to if you waited for a F4 sequel.

well i think DC really stole Marvels angle with Namor with their portrayal of Aquaman.

I am sure that is why they rushed Aquaman to screen. Tired of Marvel getting out characters first (Thanos, Deadpool, etc) even though DC characters were typically out first in the comics. Ironically Namor is one of the few Marvel characters older then the DC, knockoff.

DC Aquaman is typically played as a blond and very straight and geeky. Whereas Marvels Namor more swarthy and Mediterranean looking. DC going with Mamoa and making Aquaman cynical/funny is exactly how I would have cast Namor.

Now I think they need someone Batista like and make the character similar to Drax in that he has almost no sense of humour but ends up being the joke a lot for that reason but much more overly serious to a fault. And oh ya pompous. Namor has to be very pompous. And with a shorter hairstyle;)

@Dragonlordxxxxx, need a link to your Namor casting and stuff again if you please. I want to see what your angles and thoughts are.

With Namor and Black Panther, Reed Richards and F4 cannot be far behind with the Illuminati Story lines.

Marvel are smart enough to see this problem and address it. The only similarity between DCEU's Aquaman and MCU's Namor will be that they're both Atlantian superheroes. Their backgrounds, personalities and motivations will be polar opposites. I expect Namor to be much more aloof and brooding, probably hating the surface dwellers and willing to wipe Wakanda off the map.

Let's face it, Aquaman played to Mamoa's strengths, one of which is the ability to make bitches wetter than Atlantis. We won't see any scenes where Namor does an awesome hair-flip and then asks, "Permission to come aboard?";)

Last edited:
Black panther was overrated

Change my mind

I already know this is the best movie ever made and it will win no less than 12 Oscar’s.

I’ve always wondered why Namor would want to take over Wakanda? I guess the vibtanium, but I’m down with this story. Sounds interesting and Marvel does a pretty good job at these movies.

Man, I wish they would've introduced the FF4 as the "villian." Playing it out like in the comics, BP picks each member off one by one for game. The only reason he gets beat is because the FF4 bring an additional dude on the trip and BP only planned for the 4.

Also, I hope they introduce Storm in this one. I don't need a new X-Men movie right now, but seeing the different X-Men pop up, onsie and twosie in certain MCU movies would be dope.

Namor's a great character. My only worry is they'll Nerf him, because in the comics he's way out of Black Panther's league. Even with the Vibranium suit, there's no way T'Challa could stand and bang with Healthy, Motivated Namor with, That Look in his eye.

well you know he's eventually going to turn hero or at very least neutral.. a misunderstanding and then we will see Namor switch sides and help BP before returning to Atlantis and then fight Fantastic Four later on?

I don't think he'll be necessarily nerfed... besides BP can improve his tech.. not saying he's a match for Namor but he'll be damn close and fighting on land so maybe they'll stress Namor's weakness when he isn't surrounded with water...

well you know he's eventually going to turn hero or at very least neutral.. a misunderstanding and then we will see Namor switch sides and help BP before returning to Atlantis and then fight Fantastic Four later on?

I don't think he'll be necessarily nerfed... besides BP can improve his tech.. not saying he's a match for Namor but he'll be damn close and fighting on land so maybe they'll stress Namor's weakness when he isn't surrounded with water...

In the Comics, BP has been beaten by Captain America. He was absolutely curb-stomped by Doom. Namor can stand and bang with The Thing and the Hulk. Even out of water, he's a hundered times stronger than T'Challa. The suit will only take him so far; remember how Tony struggled against Thor in the first Avengers movie? Yeah, he landed some good shots, but Thor was able to crush the Armour with his bare hands, and almost certainly would have won if Cap hadn't intervened.

Agreed Namor will eventually do a Heel-Face Turn and become an Anti-Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back