Black friday thread?

The gloves itselfs will be amazing. Wilm see how long the velcro last.

Let us know how thw competition gloves are and last. They look really nice.

Wow 55$ for shipping ! Where are you from ?

I’m from the Netherlands, it’s insane how pricy the shipping is. Oh well. I’ll make sure to let you guys know about the performance of the gloves.

The R2C C-17 glove is excellent, already broken in and very comfortable. Nice feedback and excellent protection. I had two pairs of them. Perfect for sparring and partner drills, I use the 18 OZ on the bag a lot. 16 OZ Glove was for sparring and drills, absolutely broke those tho.

Good for everything, sparring and bag work.
Mine weren’t a great fit for my large hands but they still got a couple years of use.
Went with Top Boxer Aliens next but haven’t had a chance to use them since Covid hit.

TB Aliens are fantastic gloves. The padding takes a life time to break in tho. But great gloves with superb protection.

Got me a Fly Superbar X facesaver (Winning FG-5000 equivalent) in white/silver and a blue wraith X groin guard. Besides the Fly hype has anyone actually used any of these and how are they compared to Winnings?

The blue groin guard will go nicely with my blue Winning FG-2900.

Good for everything, sparring and bag work.
Mine weren’t a great fit for my large hands but they still got a couple years of use.
Went with Top Boxer Aliens next but haven’t had a chance to use them since Covid hit.

Topboxer Aliens are really nice. Like the poster above mentioned, they do take some time to break in (40-60 rounds maybe). Infact, this time I am getting some custom aliens in 10oz. You'll love them!

Got me a Fly Superbar X facesaver (Winning FG-5000 equivalent) in white/silver and a blue wraith X groin guard. Besides the Fly hype has anyone actually used any of these and how are they compared to Winnings?

The blue groin guard will go nicely with my blue Winning FG-2900.
I got the same facesaver you did be interested to compare it to the winning. I am not a massive fan of the fg5000 I found it bulky and limited vision compared to the fg2900.

I have the fly gloves they are definitely up their with my winning ones.

You get the groin guard with 60% off?

Went ahead and ordered a pair of c17’s. Might as well check em out, thanks y’all haha

I got the same facesaver you did be interested to compare it to the winning. I am not a massive fan of the fg5000 I found it bulky and limited vision compared to the fg2900.

I have the fly gloves they are definitely up their with my winning ones.

You get the groin guard with 60% off?

Yeah I must admit, I'm pretty happy sparring with my FG-2900 for the foreseeable future. Unless I end up sparring harder with some much bigger dudes then I'll use the facesaver.

Lol, I got the groin guard right after I read your post and at 60% off it was a steal for what I think will be a quality guard.

Fly isn't known for big sales though, are they? Hence why I never bothered checking their website this weekend.

Yeah I must admit, I'm pretty happy sparring with my FG-2900 for the foreseeable future. Unless I end up sparring harder with some much bigger dudes then I'll use the facesaver.

Lol, I got the groin guard right after I read your post and at 60% off it was a steal for what I think will be a quality guard.

Fly isn't known for big sales though, are they? Hence why I never bothered checking their website this weekend.
I do exactly the same normally wear my fg2900 but if it’s harder or I have work meeting etc I wear the facesaver i have been training at a new gym since lockdown and sparring seems harder so might need to wear the facesaver more.

Fly normally do a Black Friday sale but not normally this much discount I think it’s because they are replacing the white and blue with the new colourways but yeah total bargain at 60% off.

I think the x range face saver at full price is crazy cheap too if it’s as good as I expect

Fly normally do a Black Friday sale but not normally this much discount I think it’s because they are replacing the white and blue with the new colourways but yeah total bargain at 60% off.
Yep same here, last year Fly's sale was pathetic. Didn't expect them to have these big discounts this year at all. According to their IG account, plain White & Blue is being discontinued, that's why there's a steep discount this year so they can clear out the stock.

Yep same here, last year Fly's sale was pathetic. Didn't expect them to have these big discounts this year at all. According to their IG account, plain White & Blue is being discontinued, that's why there's a steep discount this year so they can clear out the stock.
Yeah when I saw 60% off before had I assumed it was on the (overpriced) tee shirts etc. I am not sure how much of the x range they had in stock at 60% I was just happy to pick up the groin guard.

i really wanted the x Superbar so wanted to grab one at any discount. Fact it was £125 is crazy cheap it’s same frame and padding as the leather one that’s £280 and by all accounts it’s better than the winning version

Yeah when I saw 60% off before had I assumed it was on the (overpriced) tee shirts etc.
Haha! Same here, that or either that fashion police gym bag they have. Feels like I need to go to those overpriced fancy "fitness boxing" gyms where the trainers don't even know how to do proper pad work (but still charge you $100+ a session) with that bag.

I do exactly the same normally wear my fg2900 but if it’s harder or I have work meeting etc I wear the facesaver i have been training at a new gym since lockdown and sparring seems harder so might need to wear the facesaver more.

I think the x range face saver at full price is crazy cheap too if it’s as good as I expect

Excited to see how they fit and compare to Winnings. Either way I am happy due to the price factor. Weird that they are discontinuing blue and white though...

Has your kit shipped yet? I'm a bit bummed that my order hasn't. Our gym is closing a few weeks so not sure if I'll have time to test it out properly.

Excited to see how they fit and compare to Winnings. Either way I am happy due to the price factor. Weird that they are discontinuing blue and white though...

Has your kit shipped yet? I'm a bit bummed that my order hasn't. Our gym is closing a few weeks so not sure if I'll have time to test it out properly.
I don’t think they got stock of the new colour stuff until 2nd Dec. I dont think mine has shipped I haven’t had any notification just email saying shipping has been delayed due to volume. Where abouts you from (sorry if asked before)

looking forward to trying the facesaver the comparison reviews I have seen it looks a definite improvement over the winning

You got yours I got a shipping code come through today looks like delivery Friday

You got yours I got a shipping code come through today looks like delivery Friday

Not yet...just say's "Fulfilled" on my order status now. How did you receive your tracking number? email? been quite frustrating I must admit. Seems like I will need to wait until the new year to test them out.

I don’t think they got stock of the new colour stuff until 2nd Dec. I dont think mine has shipped I haven’t had any notification just email saying shipping has been delayed due to volume. Where abouts you from (sorry if asked before)

looking forward to trying the facesaver the comparison reviews I have seen it looks a definite improvement over the winning

From South Africa. We really don't have any quality boxing gear here so we're forced to import and sometimes pay the iron price. Most of the guys in my gym who take their training relatively seriously have imported their gloves etc. Mine will still need to go through customs and I can't remember who Fly uses as their international courier, I think it is UPS.

Yeah I'm really keen to try it out as well, I took a small but let's see how that works out. Will be great to see some pics and get some thoughts when you get yours.

E3094FAE-62E7-47D1-9809-5C26A04A4E53.jpeg A6496D32-CDDC-4ECE-997F-21F3F173AC10.jpeg 8C727329-D292-4D21-B203-CA55E7DA8D6C.jpeg
From South Africa. We really don't have any quality boxing gear here so we're forced to import and sometimes pay the iron price. Most of the guys in my gym who take their training relatively seriously have imported their gloves etc. Mine will still need to go through customs and I can't remember who Fly uses as their international courier, I think it is UPS.

Yeah I'm really keen to try it out as well, I took a small but let's see how that works out. Will be great to see some pics and get some thoughts when you get yours.
It just came via ups. It fits really well vision is amazing on it compared to the winning so much so I wonder if the gap is too large but wouldn’t be able try that until I spar in it. Padding is nice and good quality finish

Last edited:
Back