Black friday thread?

Looking good! As long as you can't fit a glove in the opening (from the looks of it no), I think you're safe.
Is the chin strap a buckle?
Yeah I don’t think you can will have to see once I am using it but it’s amazing how better the vision is compared the winning and so much more compact too.

yes it’s a buckle I would have preferred a clip to be honest

Congrats dude it looks really nice. Can't wait until mine arrives.

If you get in some sparring it'll be great to get some initial impressions.

Congrats dude it looks really nice. Can't wait until mine arrives.

If you get in some sparring it'll be great to get some initial impressions.
Managed to get three rounds in this morning initial impressions are very favourable I didn’t really notice I was wearing it as it’s so light and such great vision I wasn’t in With a very heavy hitter but shots I took on it was fine

Finally got the Fly Superbar X and Wraith X. First impressions seems good but I'll have to wait until the gym opens up again to try them out. I got the groin guard in a small and it is a bit tighter than I had expected.

Finally got the Fly Superbar X and Wraith X. First impressions seems good but I'll have to wait until the gym opens up again to try them out. I got the groin guard in a small and it is a bit tighter than I had expected.
You only paid £50 for the groin guard right? So sure you would easily sell it for that locally if too small

I missed this one. Yeah I got it on the black friday sale but it seems fine now. Must've just been my fat arse from the covid diet. Unfortunately things are a bit lit now with covid in RSA so I won't be going back to gym anytime soon. Hopefully if I can get to Canada end of Jan/early Feb I can start training again.

I started to build a gym at my house, at black friday I bought a lot of good equipment on good price

View attachment 819147 View attachment 819148 View attachment 819149
It just came via ups. It fits really well vision is amazing on it compared to the winning so much so I wonder if the gap is too large but wouldn’t be able try that until I spar in it. Padding is nice and good quality finish
Did you find the sizing of the FLY to be the same as your Winning FG5000? I do see slight differences between the FLY and the Winning size charts and was curious to get your thoughts as you are fortunate to have both "on hand." Thank you!

Did you find the sizing of the FLY to be the same as your Winning FG5000? I do see slight differences between the FLY and the Winning size charts and was curious to get your thoughts as you are fortunate to have both "on hand." Thank you!
On the face bar one pretty much maybe the fly a little smaller than the winning but overall fly is a more compact headguard so a little difficult to say 100% I haven’t tried the fly check headguard so can’t comment on them unfortunately

Reactions: CJ1
On the face bar one pretty much maybe the fly a little smaller than the winning but overall fly is a more compact headguard so a little difficult to say 100% I haven’t tried the fly check headguard so can’t comment on them unfortunately

"... the fly a little smaller than the winning."

That does appear to be the case, as a Medium Winning FG5000 goes up to 23 in, and a Medium Fly Superbar X only goes up to 22.5 in.

Could you share your head size measurement and what size you went with on your Fly Superbar X?

Thank you again for your helpful comments. ;-)

"... the fly a little smaller than the winning."

That does appear to be the case, as a Medium Winning FG5000 goes up to 23 in, and a Medium Fly Superbar X only goes up to 22.5 in.

Could you share your head size measurement and what size you went with on your Fly Superbar X?

Thank you again for your helpful comments. ;-)
Ok so my head is basically 22.5 inch

here are the Headguards I have had

fly Superbar large fits great

Winning fg5000 L to big and more bulky than the fly - sold it

Winning fg5000 M fits me ok but a little tight vision is not as good as the fly but the padding seems better

winning fg2900 M - this was my first and main Headguard but I felt it was a little bit too small - sold it

winning fg2900 L this is a much better fit than the M but I need it laced right use this when not using a facesaver.

I hope this helps or ask if anymore questions

Ok so my head is basically 22.5 inch

here are the Headguards I have had

fly Superbar large fits great

Winning fg5000 L to big and more bulky than the fly - sold it

Winning fg5000 M fits me ok but a little tight vision is not as good as the fly but the padding seems better

winning fg2900 M - this was my first and main Headguard but I felt it was a little bit too small - sold it

winning fg2900 L this is a much better fit than the M but I need it laced right use this when not using a facesaver.

I hope this helps or ask if anymore questions

Now that was a VERY helpful response, thank you again for taking the time to share that very pertinent information.

In fact, I'm a 22.5 in size head (like yourself)--and although the round vs oval head shape still plays a factor in determining the best size to fit a head, you answered my question (and you did so coming from just about every angle)!

I've been fortunate to own a few (actually all) of those headgear's and sizes that you've mentioned above EXCEPT FLY SUPERBAR, and I would answer the exact same way you did on all the ones I've tried.

I should add (for others who will read this forum as a reference at a later date), in my experience, I find the Medium FG5000 to provide better visibility than the Large FG2900; yes, I prefer Med in FG5000 vs Large, and Large in FG2900 vs Med. More specifically, the Large FG5000 is too bulky, and the Med FG2900 is just too tight, especially as the cheek protectors have a tendency to "pinch my nose."

DV, the FLY Superbar Large is next!

I prefer Med in FG5000 vs Large, and Large in FG2900 vs Med. More specifically, the Large FG5000 is too bulky, and the Med FG2900 is just too tight, especially as the cheek protectors have a tendency to "pinch my nose."

I agree 100% with this

Back