Blachowicz Vs Jones for the Title next

He got KO'd in his last fight. Reyes is probably up next.

Reyes would body Jan. It'd look like the Santos fight all over again.

Jan was handling Santos, outstriking him pretty handily until Jan went full retard in the 3rd and rushed him. Reyes needs an impressive victory to be next imo, I thought that Volkan fight was a pretty clear W for Volk.

its time for jones to take some cameo HW fights while 205 builds itself up (like silva dicking around at 205). don't fight a guy in contention, but arlovski or some shit

I say he deserves it. Let Polish Power have a go at him.
Jan has strong enough wrestling to defend himsefl, Has power in both hands and knows how to throw combinations. Would kick chickenlegs more often as well.
What do you think? Does Jan stand a chance?

Corey beat him that would be pretty unfair. Rockhold might have been KO'd and embarrassed himself but he was given Jan for a reason and the reason wasn't cause Dana thought Jan could KO Rockhold.

Jones vs Reyes
Blachowicz vs Walker for ts

Reyes needs more time to develop. I think he himself said this after the last fight. Tbh Rakic and Walker seem more exciting now but Rakic has just started fighting top 10 guys while Walker hasn't even fought a top 10 opponent yet. Jones needed 7 fights to get his title shot, and he still was the injury replacement for an injury replacement when he fought Shogun. Yeah that division was more stacked(at least in the front) than this one, but 4 fights isn't enough to prepare someone for a title shot and that's what y'all asking for when you say Walker or Reyes should be next. Volkan was shot to a title shot in 3 fights cause there were no other choices and now no one takes him seriously as a threat.

Honestly beating Rockhold isn't as a big a win as win as it used to be. Bisping mentally broke him and Yoel broke his chin.

I'm not ready for either of Reyes, Blachowicz or Walker to fight for the LHW belt...neither of them really deserve it. These LHW squash matches are becoming boring, the last 3-4 title fights have not been that competitive...like DC vs Johnson II, DC vs Oezedemir, Jones vs Smith etc. I'd rather see Jones move up and take a non title bout against a fringe top 5 - 10 guy and see how he fares in that division whilst LHW builds another contender.

Why Walker? He’s done nothing but a silly dance.
Let him beat At least one top ten before facing Jones.
I really want to see Walker fight Corey Anderson next. I know for Anderson it would be a lose lose for him (at least on paper and ranking wise), but would like to see a wrastler go after Walker.

I really want to see Walker fight Corey Anderson next. I know for Anderson it would be a lose lose for him (at least on paper and ranking wise), but would like to see a wrastler go after Walker.
I agree. Wouldn’t mind latifi/OSP or even rock hold. I just want him to beat one top ten guy at least.

Doesn't really matter who they put against Jones at 205. He beats them all as long as his head is in the game and he's ready to fight when the time comes. That's why Jones at hw is so compelling. He cleaned out lhw a long time ago and a move up really is long over due.

getting a win over a lhw debutant who moved up from middleweight isnt really title shot worthy.

I'd prefer Jones to fight the DC-Stipe winner while LHW sorts itself out. As everyone knows (aside from die-hard Jones fans), LHW is pretty terrible right now. There simply isn't a single worthy title challenger. Jan hasn't beaten any top contenders, Reyes arguably lost his last fight, and Walker hasn't beaten anyone.

But since I don't think Jones will fight at HW, I think it should be:

Jones-Reyes
Smith-Blachowicz
Walker-Anderson

Reyes is ducking Anderson........ the UFC loves to punish young fighters who try to pick their way into a title shot. So it will be surprising if they let Jones fight Reyes.

No one knows who this guy is. Jones is destroying his name which are really all he or the ufc has left... by fighting these guys who are tough and who CAN potentially beat him... But no one knows who the hell they are so he wins NOTHING in victory except a win over a guy whose only fight these casuals have seen? Unanimous decision loss to Jon Jones. "What happened to that guy?" They'll ask. "USADA," the grizzled weirdo in the corner replies. Everyone else edges away.

Tl/dr: he should rematch Shogun . If Shogun loses he can retire. If he wins hell yeah.

I agree. Wouldn’t mind latifi/OSP or even rock hold. I just want him to beat one top ten guy at least.
Latifi would be good, only if he was like 6'3 or taller. I actually would like to see Latifi vs DC at 205 if it could have ever happened. Both are small powerful manlets.

I say he deserves it. Let Polish Power have a go at him.
Jan has strong enough wrestling to defend himsefl, Has power in both hands and knows how to throw combinations. Would kick chickenlegs more often as well.
What do you think? Does Jan stand a chance?

Put Jones on ice and let Jan and Walker duke it out for a title shot. According to a recent JRE Joe was saying that on Walker's instagram he still recovering from that shoulder injury doing the worm so that could give time for Walker to recover and Jan to heal his fists from breaking Lukes jaw.

Everyone saying Reyes are yall fucking kidding? Reyes BARELY won a very questionable split decision on Volkan Oezedemir.

Back