BJJ Expensive

WIFE.jpg

l33d630190000_1_29799.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I've pretty much made up my mind I'm going to do it, just formulating my plan of attack with the missus. I've got enough saved to pay for about 3 months outright, and yeah there are lots of ways to shave from other places to save some extra cash. I was also noticing that they have open mat after 8:00 so that may be a good opportunity for some extra practice and such too.

Yes!

This, plus sell things you aren't using from old hobbies. The longer you keep away from the "Family Money," the better.

It's 95 a month for students where I train. Unlimited BJJ (taught by a blackbelt), Sub Wrestling, Muay Thai, and boxing. MMA is team training only though...which is weird to me but yeah. There's also a weight and cardio room...which is alright it's not amazing.

$120 (AUS) P/M
with that is 5 sessions a week of BJJ and Kickboxing before BJJ if I want

$50/Month Black Belt, unlimited training. I can go to a total of 8 sessions/week, but I have school and such.

100/month gets my wife and I unlimited cardio boxing/kickboxing 6 days a week, and me no gi JJ under a Roberto Traven brown belt 3 days a week.

We got a package deal though, I believe it would be ~70 for me, and 45 for her if purchased separately.

I'm looking at 100 a month for where i wanna go, but it's a real deal.

2x a week in gi, 3 hours per
1x a week nogi, 1.5 hours per
~4x a week open mat, 1-2 hours per

If I could just get a job in the first place to afford it I'd be golden.

it's all about priorities.
a friend of mine likes to hassle me about paying so much for classes and spending money on mma/bjj dvds...yet at the same time he stops by starbucks at least once a day, has money for cigarettes and weed, and he does his fare share of eating out.

and i make shit money so i ended up picking up a second job on the weekends to provide a little bit of a financial cushion.
this is what i want to do so i make the sacrifice.

word. i currently live in a dorm closet (enough room for a mattress) and am working a BS job with no relation to my degree so i can live close to the place i train and have time to make it there every night.

$100/month at RFO Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/Carlson Gracie Team. 2 gi classes, 1 no-gi class, and 1 open mat per week. Each class is 1 1/2 hours.

From what I understand, majority of Judo schools are subsidized by national Olympic committees and sponsors... in L.A. I pay $180/mo for unlimited BJJ at Fabricio Werdum's school; about 15 mins away is a Judo school that charges $20/mo because it's heavily subsidized.

But I suppose if you perceive BJJ as just "slapping about on the ground" then the value is probably lost on you anyway, so any amount of money would be too much.

Ooohhh what are we a shaolin monk or something? there is no need to get bitchy

95 dollars a month at dan camarillo's 10 classes a week every class is 1 hour 15 min.
5 gi
5 nogi

I pay $40 a month for 2X per week w/ an Alliance black belt who rents out a TKD dojo. When I'm back home away from my University, I pay $75 for unlimited BJJ six days a week.

That price sounds about right if you're going to be training directly under Pedro Sauer. A well-known instructor like that is going to be more expensive and it will likely be worth it. I've had the pleasure of training at the Alliance HQ in Atlanta (a top notch school) and the difference in quality of instruction, variety of sparring partners, and training facility was obvious. You get what you pay for.

However, if you are just starting out and are cheap like me, I'd do some more research on a cheaper gym near you. MMA is exploding right now and new gyms open up all the time.

i pay 85/mo. for unlimited classes (i just do bjj though), from the looks of it its a sweet deal compared to prices you guys are paying

So $119/month for unlimited BJJ at Relson Gracie Columbus is a good deal?

Back