BJJ and Judo

now Rbagu, I usually agree with you on stuff also like the other said, but I didn't bring up anything about W-L record in that post :) BJ is a former UFC Champ .... when Karo beats him or wins a title, then we can compare them :) Don't know you who BJ is ! :)

hahahaha i know man, but yo had to bring Karo not "finishing" guys, so i had to go there..... either way, it is a dream match to me....

Ya BJ is a former champ..... to be fair karo never got the shot he had earned

i admit I'm bias... i also like to go to Kimura vs Helio.... either way, both arts are great, and very effective.... i'd be honored to train under the worlds best in judo, and i'd be honored to train under the worlds best in BJJ.... also alot of sambo guys are judo guys... and fedor has competed in national judo competitions... just throwing that out to you.... to me Sambo and Judo > all, but those are my preferences, and things i like to study, and train the most

I def agree both are great arts. But everyone always go to kimura v helio. Now helio modified everything to what we now know as bjj. The thing is Kimura is the GREATEST judoka ever. Now Helio a legend certainly is not the greatest bjj practitioner ever right? add to the fact he was outweighed by what? 40 lbs? His modifications enabled him to fight off the greatest judoka ever longer than anyone ever thought he could.

Since the origin of jujitsu or BJJ came from Judo, and EVERY teqnique in BJJ comes from Judo, yet Judo has throws among others, why is it most people tend to take jujitsu instead of Judo? Why isnt Judo looked at in the same light as BJJ? Everyone always said that Fedor has never take jujitsu, but why should he take BJJ when he as a Black belt in Judo?

Judo is by far the better art. Was it because of the marketing of the Gracies that put jujitsu on a different plain? Was Judo forgotten? I understand Judo is still practiced, but not like jujitsu. Everyone worries about how good someones jujitsu is?

How many of you have taken Judo? I took judo a while back and like it better then jujitsu. And all the Judo instructors bascily said that if you take Judo you will learn jujitsu but have more weapons in the arsenal.

just a thought.

just cus it is rare in mma doesnt mean no one practice it, also bjj and judo cam from the origional japanese jujitsu. a bjj would sub a judo guy but it also depends on the practitioners.

Since the origin of jujitsu or BJJ came from Judo, and EVERY teqnique in BJJ comes from Judo, yet Judo has throws among others, why is it most people tend to take jujitsu instead of Judo? Why isnt Judo looked at in the same light as BJJ? Everyone always said that Fedor has never take jujitsu, but why should he take BJJ when he as a Black belt in Judo?

Judo is by far the better art. Was it because of the marketing of the Gracies that put jujitsu on a different plain? Was Judo forgotten? I understand Judo is still practiced, but not like jujitsu. Everyone worries about how good someones jujitsu is?

How many of you have taken Judo? I took judo a while back and like it better then jujitsu. And all the Judo instructors bascily said that if you take Judo you will learn jujitsu but have more weapons in the arsenal.

just a thought.

BJJ's ground game is about 10 times more extensive then Judo. Your using Fedor as an example is absurd, the reason his ground game is so good is because of SAMBO, not the limited array of Judo ground moves.

Gogoplata is really just a variation of kagato jime, using a shin to choke.

Yups and even in Judo is use another version, thai clinch like.

And the Anaconda Chocke is also just a modification of another Judo move, only the setup is different. The setup is what makes it an Anaconda Choke, otherwise it would just be an arm triangle...

Sadly nobody mentioned (other then how to score) the different rules. In Judo far less techniques are allowed. NO submission techniques on the legs, extending the shoulder, standing submissions, cranking and other techniques that can cause serious injuries.

i recall helio saying how he was "thrown like a rag doll..." figure out by whom.....

Oh yeah, that was all because of the magic powers of Judo, had nothing to do with the 5,000 pushups a day he (Kimura) did and extra 40lbs of muscle, lol.

Karo > BJ ??????????????? Oh, really ??????????? yeah, in judo, he is. We won't know unless they ever fight each other, but my money would be on BJ if he's in shape. BJ might even do better against Karo if he came in at 155 against Karo's 170 than if he came in at 170. Let's see Karo "finish" a top 10 guy before we quickly say he's better than BJ --- and Serra does not count, 'cause he shouldn't be in the top 10.

Karo will throw the hell out of BJ. Now he's got the striking to compete with BJ. I'd give the edge to Karo when they fight.

Fedor > NOg

Karo > BJ

Judo > BJJ

Yeah well here is BJ Penn in a Judo Tourney as a white belt nonetheless successively tapping out Judoka black belts. There really shouldn't be any further discussion

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lUNgJPsUb1A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lUNgJPsUb1A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Karo will throw the hell out of BJ. Now he's got the striking to compete with BJ. I'd give the edge to Karo when they fight.

I've seen more then one Karo match where he didn't get a single throw. And in the matches he did get a throw or two in they didn't do any damage and he didn't follow the guy to the ground and do anythng with it. His throws get people excited...but that's about it. Not like he's going to throw BJ ten times, I doubt he would even get one throw in on someone as cagy as BJ.

Karo would make quick work of BJ. I imagine he'd be Uchi-Mata'd into oblivion

Karo vs BJ would be a heck of a fun fight! Two guys that rely on technique, quickness and flexibility and not at all on lifting weights and lay n' pray.

well justo go to adcc

and see what style has made more champions..

judo > bjj in trows
bjj> judo un subs

Judo and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are opposite sides off the same coin.

It is true that BJJ came from Judo but since then the Judo ground game has evolved into a sport Judo method and became worse while the BJJ ground game has gotten much more advanced although Judo's ground game can be adapted to more MMA and similar to BJJ ways it is still less advanced now but isn't much behind. There are uncommon things in BJJ that Judoka are not used to and vica versa

TwoClearClose, BJ is a Judo whitebelt not a BJJ whitebelt there, BJJers don't hold a belt rank in Judo so if they are allowed in the competition they must wear whiote regardless of their BJJ rank unless they do both Judo and BJJ.

I think this BJJ Vs Judo war is stupid, why not train both or shut up? Trying to prove a style isthe best just makes you look like an idiot.

and EVERY teqnique in BJJ comes from Judo

I can assume one of the following from that statement:

1) You've never done any BJJ training in your life
2) You don't train at all
3) You're an idiot

Or it could be all three?

Back