• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BJ Penn ain't done with Khabib yet

You don't have to prove yourself in fighting in the higher divisions to be the best. You have to judge by how you dominated that division. Instead of being a semi fighter in the higher divisions. I don't agree with moving up to prove yourself but I respect those who do that.

People that take a risk in the higher division and lose, I just have to respect that person. I did not like IA antics but when he went and tried at LHW I became a bigger fan out of respect for him. He did not have to do that and losing in my rule of thumb won't be counted against him in his career. Most goats have a much higher chance in losing nowadays if they go up. Even Jon Jones will have a problem up there. But if he loses I won't count it against his legacy either.

The reason why people want Khabib to move up in weight is because he has essentially cleared out his division, is still in his physical prime and has many documented issues cutting weight. The logical step is to move up in weight and further cement your legacy.

I'm not a fan of Floyd Mayweather, but, he is a multiple weight champion. Would you even know who he was if he did not move up in weight to win championships in multiple divisions?

Also by Khabib's own words, "You fight for money, I fight for legacy". What's more of a legacy than clearing out multiple divisions?

It's a great point.

Khabib is a bit of a joke, he's great at beating up manlets who he outsizes, but has he ever beat an opponent who is bigger than him? All the fighters from middleweight up would brutalize Khabib. His martial arts prowess isn't that impressive if it only works against those smaller than him.
Lol Khabib haters never stop being funny

maxresdefault.jpg

1487974625_hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

iu

0Y7nvN9r_400x400.jpg

He makes very valid points. Kebab can never be called the GOAT since he was always too scared to fight people his own size.
That's irrelevant when assessing LW goat. You can hold it against him for overall goat sure, but that isn't what this is about. BJ Penn higher in all time all weight? I'm with you on that fo sho but not relevant to this thread.

I think Penn is naturally the more talented fighter, but the big difference is Khabib worked his ass off since he was a child.. never drinks or gets high, never gets out of shape, just constantly focused.

If Penn had a that mentality his entire career who knows, maybe he would have been better than Khabib.. but he didn't. It's also hard to be better than someone who never lost

He makes very valid points. Kebab can never be called the GOAT since he was always too scared to fight people his own size.

Anyone who has ever said "his own size" when referring to the division above is a card carrying retard

"in my humble opinion it is because he is not ... confident in jiujitsu"

Smells like that classic BJ Penn projection.

BJ becoming quite the little bitch lately.

BJ wouldn't even get off the stool to finish his rounds against GSP. He's not as fearless as he claims.

BJ is sounding really insecure here by claiming Khabib's BJJ isn't good. Maybe in a Gi but by accounts, his no-gi grappling is high level. Prior to UFC, he had a ton of submission wins off his back. There's footage of him dominating top BJJ guys like Leandro Vieira. Josh Thompson mentioned that Khabib and Islam spend a ton of time training submissions off their back. Interesting considering they almost never end up on their backs because their wrestling is so dominant. Unfortunately there are aspects of Khabib's grappling we'll never get to see.

BJ on the other hand got tapped in seconds by Ryan Hall so maybe he needs to focus more on his own BJJ game.

Stop it . Ryan Hall would sub khabib to in a pure grappling match.

Khabibs fluke grappling would never work on Conor in a rematch

BJ tried to play it humble in his first post and then had sleepness nights wondering if he should truly publicise his inner feelings to which he finally did lmao, what a bum.

I think some people are a little jaded by Penns performances at the end of his career. I wouldnt favor him against Khabib or anything if BJ was in his prime but it would be one of Khabibs tougher fights.

Stop it . Ryan Hall would sub khabib to in a pure grappling match.
Its been a hot minute since Hall competed and khabib is about a weight class bigger. That'd actually be a decent match imo

BJ Penn sherdog's biggest fetish. Makes sense. There is no goat level fighter in boxing or mma with a losing streak longer than his winning streak. His level of intelligence matches the general intelligence here. The delusion is strong. I came to a conclusion that BJ Penn is a mascot, he is getting praised for great feats, like going to lhw to fight machida.....yet people forget that he only fought there because he was fat and out of shape and coudn't make the weight at lw. BJ Penn represents disaster, shame, delusion. BJ Penn is kind of a bum.

Back