• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BJ Penn ain't done with Khabib yet

Size still matters. This guy would not KO a LHW or HW doubt a MW as well

BJ is missing the point

Khabib destroyed better fighters than BJ faces and BJ record at LW is terrible. I give him props for fighting larger guys (khabib was usually same size or a little smaller than an opponent) but that isnt Khabib fault he is saying factually he is the best LW ever and that is true

BJ record is 16-14-2 could easily of lost those draws and be 16-16

BJ also has a losing record at LW last I checked
BJ has a longer losing streak than winning streak
BJ record if you subtract cans is 13-14-2

Khabibs record without can crushing is like 17-0

Adesyana did this but I dont blame him and he lost at a higher weight class by decision at that. Not so bad

At MW he is steamrolling
This was a good read.

Khabib is like a dozen levels ahead of penn. washed up and acting pathetic

Getting KTFO by a fat drunk guy was the rock below bottom

BJ ain't lying. He was a TRUE fighter, he fought because he loved competing and testing himself and was not afraid to take on bigger and stronger men to test his limits, even if God forbid he took a loss. He grew up in a hyper privileged family and was mad rich so he did not have to fight for any reason other than he loved it, but this also hurt him as he had issues with staying motivated.

Khabib fans are delusional and rabid in these parts - there is a reason they are continually voted the worst fans in the sport above Diaz, McGregor and even Rousey fans, so do not expect them to understand what BJ is saying. The reality is Khabib cut from 195 down to 155, missed weight 3 times (actually 4 considering his last fight), risked death, pulled out repeatedly, because he was afraid of not having the strength and power advantage. Against Usman he would not be able to rag doll him so he would never take that fight - instead, he did what Andy did with Jones, Machida and Jacare and became friends with his hardest match up so he had a cop out. Even vs GSP he did not want to fight at 170 and wanted old man GSP to come down to 160.......that is the polar opposite of BJ, who legit fought a young Machida at heavyweight and is at best a modern day featherweight.

BJ may have been his own worst enemy, he did not care about spotless records that simps get hard over, he struggled with addiction, consistency and motivation, but the dude was an absolute savage at his best and was definitely as dominant at 155 as Khabib was in his time. He also did what Khabib will never do: cowboy up, fight a larger man and win a second title. BJ's insane TDD and boxing would have made for a really difficult match up for Khabib too, but don't expect the fan boys to acknowledge any of this without rattling off a laundry list of excuses.
You also left out that Khabib was already fighting at 170, and ducked to 155 when joining the UFC.

Which makes matters even worse for Khabib in an argument in this regard.

He acted like a complete bully on that season of TUF with Jens Pulver. Disliked him ever since then.

It sounds like his problems extend beyond bitterness. If this is true:

Uaiwa alleges Penn verbally abused and menaced her in front of their two children and her mother, threatened to kill her family, and sexually abused her, according to a written statement attached to the protective order and obtained by MMA Junkie via a public records request. She detailed several episodes of disturbing behavior over a three-year period and said they are only the most recent incidents...On Oct. 5, she said their 11-year old daughter told her she would “rather jump off our balcony at our home than hang out with her father,"...She also said Penn tried to get her to have sex with other men...She said Penn has been a drug addict since age 14.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...ining-order-physical-sexual-abuse-allegations
Damn, trying to whore one's own wife out.
Khabib is levels above BJ

Speaking facts about Penns record is apparently "anti Penn" or being a hater

It is absurd

What I said is fact. Subtract men with losing records and I recall BJ Penns record goes to 14-14-2

Or 13-14-2

Look at his record at LW and vs FWs....

He was obviously very good at one point beating Hughes, Florian, Sanchez and in his first fight with GSP only losing a decision and busting GSPs face up.

But BJ should never be on the top 10 p4p list in the modern era or regarded as a better LW than Edgar or Khabib

The Penn fans are saying Khabib can crushed. Well Khabib did and it did pad his record for like 15/17 fights he had before the UFC

But Penn also crushed a few cans....if we subtract them or subpar guys from Penns win record Penn ends up with more losses than wins....

Quite a few caveats for somebody using facts as their argument. Remove the fighters from Penn's career with a losing record and he removes one win, and stays above .500 winning percentage. Still terrible for an alleged great, but still not the can crusher Khabib was, do the same with Khabib and I'm pretty sure he drops around 10 fights or more.

Remove fights from Penn's record when he fought past his expiration date and he retired after the Diaz bout with a randy couture like record but still be a 2 division champ, having faced 5 people that would hold ufc gold, a pride fc Lightweight champ and a shooto lightweight champ.

Like I stated in my previous post, Khabib is better, but your statements aren't accurate and border on fighter bashing.

Quite a few caveats for somebody using facts as their argument. Remove the fighters from Penn's career with a losing record and he removes one win, and stays above .500 winning percentage. Still terrible for an alleged great, but still not the can crusher Khabib was, do the same with Khabib and I'm pretty sure he drops around 10 fights or more.

Remove fights from Penn's record when he fought past his expiration date and he retired after the Diaz bout with a randy couture like record but still be a 2 division champ, having faced 5 people that would hold ufc gold, a pride fc Lightweight champ and a shooto lightweight champ.

Like I stated in my previous post, Khabib is better, but your statements aren't accurate and border on fighter bashing.

Khabib may of best more cans but he literally has more legit wins than Penn

Penn is 15 non complete cans

Khabib is 14 and 0 with regard to non complete Cans

And Khabib beat way more complete fighters

How was Diaz fight or after not his prime? Do you forget how young and largelly injury free he still is?

How was Diaz fight or after not his prime? Do you forget how young and largelly injury free he still is?
Read it again, I stated after the Diaz fight. It was beyond obvious Penn didn't belong at WW. He was also at the age that fighters realize their careers are on the downturn, GSP and Khabib being prime example.

As for your other post, khabib should have faced more well rounded fighters, they're in different eras, khabib and most of his opponents were just getting started when Penn was champ.

Speaking facts about Penns record is apparently "anti Penn" or being a hater

It is absurd

What I said is fact. Subtract men with losing records and I recall BJ Penns record goes to 14-14-2

Or 13-14-2

Look at his record at LW and vs FWs....

He was obviously very good at one point beating Hughes, Florian, Sanchez and in his first fight with GSP only losing a decision and busting GSPs face up.

But BJ should never be on the top 10 p4p list in the modern era or regarded as a better LW than Edgar or Khabib

The Penn fans are saying Khabib can crushed. Well Khabib did and it did pad his record for like 15/17 fights he had before the UFC

But Penn also crushed a few cans....if we subtract them or subpar guys from Penns win record Penn ends up with more losses than wins....

You dont know shit about those guys you call can in BJ record, stop pretending its embarrassing

I said 2 or 3 of them were cans. Especially 2

Paul creigton
Joey gilbert

So what BS are you trying with that "record vs no complete cans"?

The fact of the matter is that BJ has tested much more vs top ranked competition than Khabib, at different weightclasses

So what BS are you trying with that "record vs no complete cans"?

The fact of the matter is that BJ has tested much more vs top ranked competition than Khabib, at different weightclasses

Bj did for sure test himself more but he lost all those fights except against Hughes 2x.

Bj also did lose keep in mind to many smaller men. Khabib never lost to a smaller man neither did Edgar....

Bj deserves respect for losing but still fighting many bigger men. But he also shouldnt be regarded as a p4p best for the simple fact he lost to smaller men, and never won a fight vs a a bigger guy except past Hughes

Bj Penn was a real fighter, khabob lays on opponents
BJ Penn has had 32 fights and only stopped his opponent in 13 of them.

Khabib has had 29 fights and stopped his opponent in 19 of them.

Back