• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BJ Penn ain't done with Khabib yet

That said,

Look up his recent social media posts - the guy has really shown himself the past few months to be a POS (Penn). what is it with washed up, fighters who want to think they are some moral compasses' while thinking they have it all figured out and that conspiracy theories are more legit than actual facts and science.

I used to support Penn even though it was obvious he had his shortcoming but his behaviour the past few months years and the past year especially has really shown what an spoiled POS he is.

Prime vs Prime against Khabib? It would probably look like the 2nd Hughes fight or the 2nd GSP fight with Penn doing good rounds 1-2 but slowly getting dominated the rest of the fight I don't see a finish but a clear 3-2 win for him (possibly a 10-8 round in there).

To be the best lw, you have to beat people at ww. Wtf lol

Why do people think Khabib is anywhere near Prime BJ Penn's level?

Penn would've demolished and humiliated Khabib, turned his face into hamburger meat

sUGVr0K.gif

Indeed, but I never let the truth get in the way of a good-natured ribbing. <BC1>

But IIRC, when Reagan asked him he wanted to go back in there with St-Pierre, BJ just stared in the void avoiding looking in his eyes ; and he didn't protest the towel throwing, just kept staring into space.

That's the equivalent of giving your neck to your opponent because of the bullshit stigma around tapping to strikes.

But for real, I'm giving BJ a hard time because of the pre-fight "TO TEH DEATH GEORGE!!" and saying that he was seriously going to try to kill him... and the following lawsuit from his mom because "they locked him up with a monster" was just cherry on top.

But usually I'm the first to say that the stigma around "quitting" is pseudo-tough guy bullshit.

In the early Gracie days, even tapping to a submission was perceived as weak in certain circles, back when MMA wasn't really a "legit sport" you could make a career/living from.
It's slowly progressing to "tapping to strikes is okay, save your brain".
Even guys like Frank Mir who used to say that he would never tap to strikes, ended up doing it in Bellator.

For the fighter's safety, I'm glad that Penn decided not to go back for another round with GSP. That could have ended very, very bad...
That fight already took years out of Penn's prime, he made the right choice calling it a night after 4 rounds, and refusing the third fight that GSP immediately challenged Penn with in response to his mom lawsuit and complaints.

His mom was right though, a FW should not be locked up with such a monster WW

BJ should start up Rumble on the Rock again in Hawaii, you know, stay productive, man he's got some bitterness in him thats eating him up.
Drive to the beach in your Lamborghini, surf some waves, enjoy life.

"BJ Penn ain't done with Khabib yet". Maybe so. However, he definitely is done.

Prime Edgar beats the Conor that khabib beat. Prime Edgar loses to prime 145 Conor

you have got to be the biggest nuthugger on this forum. And there’s a ton of em on this forum, so that’s quite a feat you just accomplished.

Why do people think Khabib is anywhere near Prime BJ Penn's level?

Penn would've demolished and humiliated Khabib, turned his face into hamburger meat

sUGVr0K.gif

Might have something to do with him being the most dominant fighter MMA has ever seen

That said,

Look up his recent social media posts - the guy has really shown himself the past few months to be a POS (Penn). what is it with washed up, fighters who want to think they are some moral compasses' while thinking they have it all figured out and that conspiracy theories are more legit than actual facts and science.

I used to support Penn even though it was obvious he had his shortcoming but his behaviour the past few months years and the past year especially has really shown what an spoiled POS he is.

Prime vs Prime against Khabib? It would probably look like the 2nd Hughes fight or the 2nd GSP fight with Penn doing good rounds 1-2 but slowly getting dominated the rest of the fight I don't see a finish but a clear 3-2 win for him (possibly a 10-8 round in there).

He acted like a complete bully on that season of TUF with Jens Pulver. Disliked him ever since then.
BJ should start up Rumble on the Rock again in Hawaii, you know, stay productive, man he's got some bitterness in him thats eating him up.
Drive to the beach in your Lamborghini, surf some waves, enjoy life.
It sounds like his problems extend beyond bitterness. If this is true:

Uaiwa alleges Penn verbally abused and menaced her in front of their two children and her mother, threatened to kill her family, and sexually abused her, according to a written statement attached to the protective order and obtained by MMA Junkie via a public records request. She detailed several episodes of disturbing behavior over a three-year period and said they are only the most recent incidents...On Oct. 5, she said their 11-year old daughter told her she would “rather jump off our balcony at our home than hang out with her father,"...She also said Penn tried to get her to have sex with other men...She said Penn has been a drug addict since age 14.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...ining-order-physical-sexual-abuse-allegations

Size still matters. This guy would not KO a LHW or HW doubt a MW as well

BJ is missing the point

Khabib destroyed better fighters than BJ faces and BJ record at LW is terrible. I give him props for fighting larger guys (khabib was usually same size or a little smaller than an opponent) but that isnt Khabib fault he is saying factually he is the best LW ever and that is true

BJ record is 16-14-2 could easily of lost those draws and be 16-16

BJ also has a losing record at LW last I checked
BJ has a longer losing streak than winning streak
BJ record if you subtract cans is 13-14-2

Khabibs record without can crushing is like 17-0

Adesyana did this but I dont blame him and he lost at a higher weight class by decision at that. Not so bad

At MW he is steamrolling
I agree that khabib is the greatest Lightweight ever, but this post is so anti-Penn it's ridiculous and bordering on fighter bashing. Penn does not have a losing record at lightweight. He obviously lost a lot and there's no reason to ignore those which does diminish his career.

However, Khabib, didn't make his ufc debut until his 17th pro fight. His most relevant mma opponent prior to that would go on top win a bellator featherweight tournament and lose his title fight top Pat Curran.

By comparison Penn began his career in the ufc.
For his 17th pro fight he was winning his 2nd ufc title.
At that point in his career he had faced then p4p king Matt Hughes 2x, GSP, Caol Uno, Gomi, Din Thomas, Jens 2x, renzo Gracie, lyoto Machida and Matt Serra. 9-4-1 against 5 people that held ufc gold, 2 top contenders, and the top Lightweight in the world at that point in Gomi.

If anybody can be called a can crusher it's khabib, who had 15 irrelevant fights and even then, at least 3 of his ufc wins mean absolutely nothing when looking at his career.

I agree that khabib is the greatest Lightweight ever, but this post is so anti-Penn it's ridiculous and bordering on fighter bashing. Penn does not have a losing record at lightweight. He obviously lost a lot and there's no reason to ignore those which does diminish his career.

However, Khabib, didn't make his ufc debut until his 17th pro fight. His most relevant mma opponent prior to that would go on top win a bellator featherweight tournament and lose his title fight top Pat Curran.

By comparison Penn began his career in the ufc.
For his 17th pro fight he was winning his 2nd ufc title.
At that point in his career he had faced then p4p king Matt Hughes 2x, GSP, Caol Uno, Gomi, Din Thomas, Jens 2x, renzo Gracie, lyoto Machida and Matt Serra. 9-4-1 against 5 people that held ufc gold, 2 top contenders, and the top Lightweight in the world at that point in Gomi.

If anybody can be called a can crusher it's khabib, who had 15 irrelevant fights and even then, at least 3 of his ufc wins mean absolutely nothing when looking at his career.

Speaking facts about Penns record is apparently "anti Penn" or being a hater

It is absurd

What I said is fact. Subtract men with losing records and I recall BJ Penns record goes to 14-14-2

Or 13-14-2

Look at his record at LW and vs FWs....

He was obviously very good at one point beating Hughes, Florian, Sanchez and in his first fight with GSP only losing a decision and busting GSPs face up.

But BJ should never be on the top 10 p4p list in the modern era or regarded as a better LW than Edgar or Khabib

The Penn fans are saying Khabib can crushed. Well Khabib did and it did pad his record for like 15/17 fights he had before the UFC

But Penn also crushed a few cans....if we subtract them or subpar guys from Penns win record Penn ends up with more losses than wins....

Back