Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered

-Girl and boyfriend go on cross country trip to Grand Tetons.
-Girl disappears and is not heard from for weeks; boyfriend shows up alone in her van in his home state, Florida.
-Boyfriend refuses to say anything. Hires lawyer.
-Girl still missing...

Came here to say there should be an ongoing thread here right now about this.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, if it has my apologies...

I also timestamp'd a story and recording I found very creepy and disturbing...

i was trying to rewatch some of the 411 shows because of how Luis Elizondo was mentioning a connection between water and these ufos.

-Girl and boyfriend go on cross country trip to Grand Tetons.
-Girl disappears and is not heard from for weeks; boyfriend shows up alone in her van in his home state, Florida.
-Boyfriend refuses to say anything. Hires lawyer.
-Girl still missing...

Was gonna mention this one last night.
Boyfriend knows something and is refusing to speak
Today they cops released some body cam footage from when the couple was pulled over at one time on the trip.

Either she walked off and he drove off, couldn't find her...or he killed her.

If she walked off and disappeared he would have no reason not to help the family try to find her. He is acting sus AF.

She's probably dead.

Yeah I agree. Just trying to think of all things that could make sense

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/16/us/gabby-petito-timeline-missing-case/index.html

It seems that her family thinks she's dead. The last text message was on August 30th and they didn't think it was from her. The last place she was thought to be was at Grand Teton National Park. The police must know where the last text was sent from. You can set up a phone to delay sending a text I suppose he could have left her somewhere without her phone and left the phone somewhere to send the text. Much of the area where they were probably doesn't have cell phone service. She might be able to survive. Just last October they found Holly Courtier who got disorientated while hiking alone in Zion National Park.

If the message was sent on August 30th from the area of Grand Teton National Park, according to Google, it's a 2,363 mile, 34 hour drive from there to North Port Florida so it is possible, depending on the time the text was sent and when he arrived home. He would probably have to stop for gas 4 times in that drive. I suspect he would have been using a credit card which would make his route and timing easy to track. They were traveling for months so unless they were carrying a large amount of cash or stopping at an ATM which can also be tracked, there should be a trail.

The boyfriend had to know that he would be the prime suspect, especially after the earlier police contact. I suppose he's thinking that they can't prove anything without a body. In Grand Teaton Park, there are many places where people can fall so he could have made it look like an accident but after the earlier police contact, it might not be believable.

I suppose it's possible that they had a fight and he took off and she isn't contacting anybody to make him suffer but him not talking to police makes that seem unlikely. What 22 year old can go for days without a phone?

Yeah 100% dude.

Most the time the partner did it too

Fascinating stuff, gentlemen. Absolutely bone chilling.

The thing that gets me the most is that a lot of these things could happen to any of us, but who ever really thinks it's going to be them?

Me! I'm always ready. Expecting it even. Always telling my family to watch their back, be aware, trust your gut.

I'll die in a parking lot before they get me anywhere.

I do a lot of hiking, exploring, and generally spend a lot of time in very remote areas. I'm almost certain I prevented an attack or something years ago. Either that or knocked some poor guy down a hill who really wanted to show me something.

If anyone cares to hear details...ask away. Lol

And the fact that the boys involved did not suffer just punishment is beyond numbing.

Yeah, it's cases like that that make me want to go vigilante.

I don't have the means to get to Japan, but I honestly worry one day a story WILL be close to home and I WILL have the means to meet up with them.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/16/us/gabby-petito-timeline-missing-case/index.html

It seems that her family thinks she's dead. The last text message was on August 30th and they didn't think it was from her. The last place she was thought to be was at Grand Teton National Park. The police must know where the last text was sent from. You can set up a phone to delay sending a text I suppose he could have left her somewhere without her phone and left the phone somewhere to send the text. Much of the area where they were probably doesn't have cell phone service. She might be able to survive. Just last October they found Holly Courtier who got disorientated while hiking alone in Zion National Park.

If the message was sent on August 30th from the area of Grand Teton National Park, according to Google, it's a 2,363 mile, 34 hour drive from there to North Port Florida so it is possible, depending on the time the text was sent and when he arrived home. He would probably have to stop for gas 4 times in that drive. I suspect he would have been using a credit card which would make his route and timing easy to track. They were traveling for months so unless they were carrying a large amount of cash or stopping at an ATM which can also be tracked, there should be a trail.

The boyfriend had to know that he would be the prime suspect, especially after the earlier police contact. I suppose he's thinking that they can't prove anything without a body. In Grand Teaton Park, there are many places where people can fall so he could have made it look like an accident but after the earlier police contact, it might not be believable.

I suppose it's possible that they had a fight and he took off and she isn't contacting anybody to make him suffer but him not talking to police makes that seem unlikely. What 22 year old can go for days without a phone?
Yeah I was reading about this last night.
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/16/1037829371/gabby-petito-missing-brian-laundrie
Gabby's parents are looking for her in Wyoming.
The fiance, Brian Laundrie, was named a person of interest. They had an argument & someone called the police, who pulled them over and advised them to get different rooms for the night. Police are probably arranging to bring him in for questioning.
It's not looking good.

Me! I'm always ready. Expecting it even. Always telling my family to watch their back, be aware, trust your gut.

I'll die in a parking lot before they get me anywhere.

I do a lot of hiking, exploring, and generally spend a lot of time in very remote areas. I'm almost certain I prevented an attack or something years ago. Either that or knocked some poor guy down a hill who really wanted to show me something.

If anyone cares to hear details...ask away. Lol
Sure, what are the details?

Sure, what are the details?

I was hiking/exploring in the mountains of western Maryland, US. Most people think of DC and Baltimore when they hear Maryland, but the western half of the state is basically West Virginia -ish. It's also within a few hours of DC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, and a few other large population centers. Not sure why I shared all that except to show that just bc I was in a remote area, doesn't mean it's so far out that it's immune to problems.

Anyways....I was on some older trails that connected different old mines, houses, and settlements. There's no buildings anymore, but you can see the foundations and stuff. They aren't popular hiking trails, I think they're just old access roads that occasionally still get used by 4 wheelers and hikers. This place is like half an hour outside of Cumberland, MD. At least 10 minutes down an unassuming gravel road before parking along the road and walking a good 30-40 minutes to these mines. There's no other way in as far as I know.

Anyways...I looked around a bit, got my fix, and began to walk out. As I start back up the trail to my car, a man comes walking towards me from the direction of the cars.

We started speaking. General pleasantries. As I was telling him about how I checked out the place, he was(in my opinion) feigning interest and knowledge of the place and more interested in me.

The first thing that threw me off was when he said...'thats a pretty big area. You explored all that by yourself'? Just the way he said it. You ever talk to someone and no matter what you say or how you act, they just keep pushing with their narrative? Like his words didn't always match up to what I'd say....

Anyways....I told him that yeah, I did. He seemed to almost go into a trance after that and started telling me he HAS to show me something just past a fork in the trail. A small, but beautiful waterfall. Problem was, I was all through there for 2-3 hours and didn't see anything resembling a creek, stream, or even a dry creek bed.

He kept saying odd things that could have double meaning. Almost like a bad movie. 'You HAVE to see this, it's breathtaking'. 'You gotta see this at least once in your life'. Again, he was in his own world and wasn't replying or acknowledging my concerns or the fact I told him I didn't see a waterfall, a creek or anything. He just kept pushing, not physically, although he did 'guide' me with a hand on the shoulder a few times.

Finally, I made myself clear that I didn't have the time. He made it clear I HAD to see it and kept with the hand on the back/shoulder stuff. Id move away and eventually voiced that I didn't like being touched.

After about 5 minutes with the guy, I had a chance. Steep hill/ravine on our left. Not quite a cliff, but steep enough you'd have trouble climbing up it quickly. He went to put his arm around me and I tripped/shoved him down the hill and RAN LIKE HELL back to the car.

I'm about 99% sure he had bad intentions. I've been back since. Never saw or heard of a waterfall, despite looking and asking locals. More than what he did/said, it was his demeanor and my spidey senses that pushed me(or should I say him lol) over the edge.

Oh, he wouldn't have died or even got seriously hurt, fwiw.

I went down the maura murrey whole a while ago.
No real clue what happened there.

Like simplest solution she wondered off and died in the woods.
But who knows.

The missing Beaumont Children here in Australia is the one that got me down this rabbit whole.

I was hiking/exploring in the mountains of western Maryland, US. Most people think of DC and Baltimore when they hear Maryland, but the western half of the state is basically West Virginia -ish. It's also within a few hours of DC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, and a few other large population centers. Not sure why I shared all that except to show that just bc I was in a remote area, doesn't mean it's so far out that it's immune to problems.

Anyways....I was on some older trails that connected different old mines, houses, and settlements. There's no buildings anymore, but you can see the foundations and stuff. They aren't popular hiking trails, I think they're just old access roads that occasionally still get used by 4 wheelers and hikers. This place is like half an hour outside of Cumberland, MD. At least 10 minutes down an unassuming gravel road before parking along the road and walking a good 30-40 minutes to these mines. There's no other way in as far as I know.

Anyways...I looked around a bit, got my fix, and began to walk out. As I start back up the trail to my car, a man comes walking towards me from the direction of the cars.

We started speaking. General pleasantries. As I was telling him about how I checked out the place, he was(in my opinion) feigning interest and knowledge of the place and more interested in me.

The first thing that threw me off was when he said...'thats a pretty big area. You explored all that by yourself'? Just the way he said it. You ever talk to someone and no matter what you say or how you act, they just keep pushing with their narrative? Like his words didn't always match up to what I'd say....

Anyways....I told him that yeah, I did. He seemed to almost go into a trance after that and started telling me he HAS to show me something just past a fork in the trail. A small, but beautiful waterfall. Problem was, I was all through there for 2-3 hours and didn't see anything resembling a creek, stream, or even a dry creek bed.

He kept saying odd things that could have double meaning. Almost like a bad movie. 'You HAVE to see this, it's breathtaking'. 'You gotta see this at least once in your life'. Again, he was in his own world and wasn't replying or acknowledging my concerns or the fact I told him I didn't see a waterfall, a creek or anything. He just kept pushing, not physically, although he did 'guide' me with a hand on the shoulder a few times.

Finally, I made myself clear that I didn't have the time. He made it clear I HAD to see it and kept with the hand on the back/shoulder stuff. Id move away and eventually voiced that I didn't like being touched.

After about 5 minutes with the guy, I had a chance. Steep hill/ravine on our left. Not quite a cliff, but steep enough you'd have trouble climbing up it quickly. He went to put his arm around me and I tripped/shoved him down the hill and RAN LIKE HELL back to the car.

I'm about 99% sure he had bad intentions. I've been back since. Never saw or heard of a waterfall, despite looking and asking locals. More than what he did/said, it was his demeanor and my spidey senses that pushed me(or should I say him lol) over the edge.

Oh, he wouldn't have died or even got seriously hurt, fwiw.
Interesting story. The guy sounds like a real creep. Like you, I've got spidey senses that I trust. Can't stand being touched by someone I just met. That ain't right. Out in remote areas especially it gives a bad vibe. I've read and heard stuff about what can happen to people alone in the wilderness. Gotta protect your neck. Glad you're okay to tell the tale.

Edited to add. Whenever someone says 'oh you gotta see or do this' I'm always like 'I don't gotta do nothing' - that kinda crap just makes me rebel lol.

The fiance, Brian Laundrie, was named a person of interest. They had an argument & someone called the police, who pulled them over and advised them to get different rooms for the night. Police are probably arranging to bring him in for questioning.
It's not looking good.

That must have been where the last message was sent from or the last one that they are certain came from her.

It's not looking good.

1) If something happened while they were outdoors, ie - - If she injured herself hiking, fell from a height, etc - - You contact the park rangers, sheriff, other hikers, or even just call 911. If you are out of cell service, you return to an area with reception and alert emergency services to try to save the other person. The other person might still be able to be saved. Everyone knows this..

2) If he deserted her in some motel, park, or disappeared on her own, there is no reason for him not to communicate this with police. If she was kidnapped, you would let police know what happened. If she overdosed on drugs you would call 911, EMS, and/or police.

3) Foul play. He did something to her.

1) If something happened while they were outdoors, ie - - If she injured herself hiking, fell from a height, etc - - You contact the park rangers, sheriff, other hikers, or even just call 911. If you are out of cell service, you return to an area with reception and alert emergency services to try to save the other person. The other person might still be able to be saved. Everyone knows this..

2) If he deserted her in some motel, park, or disappeared on her own, there is no reason for him not to communicate this with police. If she was kidnapped, you would let police know what happened. If she overdosed on drugs you would call 911, EMS, and/or police.

3) Foul play. He did something to her.

Pretty much. There's no scenario where what happened to the girl was an accident and the boyfriend says absolutely nothing to police. He was home for an entire week before the girl's parents independently filed her missing. Kind of hard to act more guilty than that. Dumb too, didn't even bother setting up breadcrumb for a believable scenario.

Pretty much. There's no scenario where what happened to the girl was an accident and the boyfriend says absolutely nothing to police. He was home for an entire week before the girl's parents independently filed her missing. Kind of hard to act more guilty than that. Dumb too, didn't even bother setting up breadcrumb for a believable scenario.

He's painting a huge target on his back.

Even making a simple statement and then saying "no further comments" would look better.

We had a developing story in Northern Wisconsin. Over the weekend a vehicle with Minnesota license plates was found in a corn field with 4 people who had been shot to death in it. I was wondering if it would ever be solved but Thursday announce they had one man in custody and were searching for another. They arrested the second man today in Arizona. The two men apparently were with the victims at a bar in the Twin Cities the night before. I haven't heard what the reason for the killings was suspected to be.

I don't know how it was found. It looked like somebody was chopping the corn for silage. They don't usually pick corn for a few more weeks and a vehicle would be difficult to see from the ground in a cornfield unless there was an obvious trail.

I wasn't expecting this. This thread is hitting oddly close to home.

You know because of all the dead pre-pubescent boys buried in my unfinished basement.

Back