Bitcoin currency of the future?

I'm thinking of investing 10k into Bitcoin, how long before it turns into 1 million? If it's any longer than a month i'll be furious and just buy a bridge instead.

How does one get into bitcoin? My apologies if it's been mentioned. Does anyone know a site that could guide me?

It's not my claim. It's the claim of numerous people in the space including experts that have been talking about it. How do YOU explain half a trillion dollars evaporating inside 2 months? Normal market fluctuations? "The bomb" hahaha fuck off loser
Didn’t a bunch of people warn you about this and you responded like a child with their fingers in their ear lol.

How does one get into bitcoin? My apologies if it's been mentioned. Does anyone know a site that could guide me?

Coinbase and Gemini are the two most widely used at the moment. You can also buy using the Cash or Abra app. I wouldn’t recommend using Abra because I think they make you keep your BTC in their system, but I’m not 100% sure. There are some decent guides on YouTube to get you started (stay away from Suppoman) but if you feel they’re shilling instead of helping move onto a video that’s only informative and not trying to sell you something.

getcrypto.info has all the information you need
Apparently gemini increased their fees dramatically recently so I've been using coinbase but if you're trying to get started it's basically as easy as:
Link your bank account
Buy bitcoin/eth/litecoin

Then if you want to buy or trade altcoins you just sign up for an exchange like binance and send your coins from coinbase to the exchange. Voila.

Last edited:
I find the New Yorker's articles generally to be grossly overly long and rambling, but of course had to share this as it's suitable to the thread:

A Sidelined Wall Street Legend Bets on Bitcoin

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/16/a-sidelined-wall-street-legend-bets-on-bitcoin

After bitcoin and other currencies soared over the summer and fall, Novogratz presented this stage of crypto as a “speculative mania phase” that would crash like the dot-com bust but then reëmerge with more mature players. Out with AltaVista, in with Google. In Novogratz’s estimation, individual cryptocurrencies would fail—although he is bullish on bitcoin and ether retaining their value in the long term. “I don’t know if the speculative phase ends in March, ends in a year from now, eighteen months from now,” Novogratz told me, “but it will end.” He suggested that it will end when “too many people have bought in.” (At a dinner during the fall of 2017, one of my favorite Oberlin professors, a Marxist, told me that he had just bought some ether.)

I asked Jed McCaleb, a founder of the popular cryptocurrencies ripple and stellar, whether the financial industry has been too late to the party. “Not too late—too early,” he said. “It’s still pretty early, technically. There’s a hype preceding the reality similar to what you saw in the dot-com bubble. There are lots of good ideas but lots of nonsense that doesn’t warrant the kind of money that’s been dumped in it. A lot of investors don’t know which is which.” I asked him if he thought Novogratz knew. “It’s easy to look smart in a bull market,” McCaleb told me, “which is not to say he’s not a smart guy.”

I find the New Yorker's articles generally to be grossly overly long and rambling, but of course had to share this as it's suitable to the thread:

A Sidelined Wall Street Legend Bets on Bitcoin

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/16/a-sidelined-wall-street-legend-bets-on-bitcoin
Novogratz's largest, or most important, investment is in his old college roommate Joe Lubin's(Ethereum co-founder) business: Consensys. These guys have grown from a dozen or so employees to around 500 in just 2.5 years. They almost exclusively work with Ethereum and they're primarily why I'm 100% all-in on ETH+Ethereum-based tokens.

Based in Switzerland, these are the people educating major corporations and governments on blockchain technology.

Bitcoin shattered its resistance but bounced off 8200.

I wouldnt expect much until it starts making gains for like a week straight. Also just seems too soon. If it resurges anytime soon I would think it would still be a few months to a year before it happens. But hell, what do I know?

Yeah let's pretend like the multi trillion dollar international drug trade isnt fueled by traditional currency lmao

I love reading peoples comments when an article comes out like ‘Overstocks CEO say is BTC will be worth XXX in 2025 and that’s why he’s accepting it”.

I shit you not you get people saying “Wow, another company I won’t be using” or “Never buying from there again!”

I’m really curious as to why they would never buy from someone who accepts BTC? Is it because they feel it’s directly funding the drug market/terrorism, is it because it’s bad for the earth? I’m just so confused by people sometimes. Fiat does WAY more harm than any cryptocurrency is doing. I doubt we’ll live long enough to ever see that change.

I love reading peoples comments when an article comes out like ‘Overstocks CEO say is BTC will be worth XXX in 2025 and that’s why he’s accepting it”.

I shit you not you get people saying “Wow, another company I won’t be using” or “Never buying from there again!”

I’m really curious as to why they would never buy from someone who accepts BTC? Is it because they feel it’s directly funding the drug market/terrorism, is it because it’s bad for the earth? I’m just so confused by people sometimes. Fiat does WAY more harm than any cryptocurrency is doing. I doubt we’ll live long enough to ever see that change.

People's capacity for tribal/reductionistic thinking always baffles me. As if the blood of hundreds of millions of people wasn't fueled by traditional currency. As if traditional currency hasn't fueled the raping of the environment. :rolleyes:

Back