Bisping vs Nick diaz at MW

The trash talk might be interdasting. I easily see Besping calling Diaz a retard and Diaz whining about his hard childhood.

The bottom line is that Diaz wins this fight 100%
bisping has a good takedown enough to get points at the end of the round but i think it would turn out to be like condit diaz..

Lol how have we never talked about this before?! Very interesting fight, I agree the pre-fight trash talk would be incredible. I think Bisping tries to stand with Nick and gets hurt by a random wild shot or Bisping attempts to lay and pray but gets tapped (via kimura?).

Can't believe people are actually picking Nick. But I guess it's because Bisping is underrated and Nick is overrated here. Bisping has taken down people that fought at LHW and had better TDD than Nick. He has good cardio, output, and mix his strikes with kicks unlike Nick.

Diaz by being an A level fighter.... Bisping's never beat one of those.

Bisping would get picked apart, he is to slow and lacks power to be a relavent threat to anyone with decent stand up.

Diaz is like 15 pounds lighter and has no answer for Bisping's wrestling.

I would honestly pick Bisping at this point in time. Nick just isn't aggressive anymore. He walks around the cage barely throwing combos.

Bisping could stick and move and win very decision rather easily imo. And that sucks to say because i am a Diaz fan. But Strikeforce Nick is gone and has been gone.

Not sure who would win, probably edge to Diaz, but I'd definitely watch it.

this would be only the second fight that i would like Bisping to win if it got made .

I dont know how Nick even fought at 185 he isnt a strong guy in the sense of weight room and some of those guys like kennedy and Romero would toss him around like a rag doll. Im sure nick is very powerful in jits and has strength when it gets down to the ground but man he would be at such a disadvantage until then. He could have been a top 5 ww all time, heck maybe even top 3 had he had a good manager and his career was managed properly. ANother guy with a terribly managed career whose talent was wasted when it counted the most imo.
As for Nick vs Bisping, it would be a great fight and an even better shit talk fest. I would favor Bisping just due to size but Nick would just walk forward without any fear of power and probably get busted the hell up and lose a decision.

Actually Diaz I think. His style is tailor made to take away Bisping's advantages.

How many of those has Diaz beaten?
Well he beat the current WW champ who was highly ranked even then... he beat Takanori Gomi when he was considered the best LW in the world... he beat BJ Penn... some would argue he beat Condit... he's held the Strikeforce title... he's fought for the UFC title... he took Anderson to a decision (somehow I doubt Bisping gets that far)... and even in his losses he was usually competitive and doesn't get laid out like carpet any time he fights a contender.

Diaz is like 15 pounds lighter and has no answer for Bisping's wrestling.
Unless Bisping has GSP level wrestling, I wouldn't recommend taking Nick down...

diazgomi-1.jpg

That's an interesting fight. I think Nick is probably better off fighting at WW though - especially with the appeal of Lawler v Diaz II.

He already got one gift title shot, he needs to earn the next one and I don't really think he can beat anyone in the top five.

Well he beat the current WW champ who was highly ranked even then... he beat Takanori Gomi when he was considered the best LW in the world... he beat BJ Penn... some would argue he beat Condit... he's held the Strikeforce title... he's fought for the UFC title... he took Anderson to a decision (somehow I doubt Bisping gets that far)... and even in his losses he was usually competitive and doesn't get laid out like carpet any time he fights a contender.

So he beat lawler in a big fight 12 years ago (wasn't big). Beat gomi 9 years ago and beat bj. That's the evidence he'd beat a mw bisping? Are those wins more informative for a matchup than Stann, belcher, dolloway, le and leites? Close fight with rashad.

Bisping had been laid out by hendo and vitor. Pretty powerful guys.

I'm not saying bisping wins but it's not like their resumes are far apart.

So he beat lawler in a big fight 12 years ago (wasn't big). Beat gomi 9 years ago and beat bj. That's the evidence he'd beat a mw bisping? Are those wins more informative for a matchup than Stann, belcher, dolloway, le and leites? Close fight with rashad.

Bisping had been laid out by hendo and vitor. Pretty powerful guys.

I'm not saying bisping wins but it's not like their resumes are far apart.
I said Bisping never beat a contender, which is true. Then the dude asked me what contenders Nick beat so I told him.

There's no evidence of anything, picking fights is not an exact science, but throughout his career Nick has shown he can compete with top tier fighters and beat some of them, whereas Bisping got badly torched and finished every time.

If Bisping manages to go the distance with Anderson like Nick did I'll be impressed, but I doubt it.

Back