Bisping to Nick Diaz: “If you want to throw down I’m in!” - "Focus On Beating Nate Is About To Get"

The person he headlined with was Anderson Silva. If they put Anderson on a free card. Then I don't think Dana / UFC would have any problem doing the same with Diaz. Also UFC used that headline to make a push for more sign ups for fight pass. And it worked. That Fight pass event broke the record for new sign ups. Record numbers watched the fight.

Nick needs a win more than he needs to headline.
Nick doesn't seem like the type that cares about whether he deserves it dues to wins and losses.

Michael is right. Nick should be more concerned with the beating his brother Nathan is about to receive on Saturday instead of talking shit to Bisping over Twitter.

Nick doesn't seem like the type that cares about whether he deserves it dues to wins and losses.

Well, I can't argue with that. The problem is eventually Dana isn't going to be able to keep giving him big fights. If he keeps asking for these big fights he will soon be on a 4-5 fight losing streak. A guy on a 5 fight losing streak isn't being main event of any significant card or being put in any big fights. He has a chance to beat Bisping. But If I was Diaz I would be looking for an easier fight and at least get a win.

Last edited:
I would rather see Diaz fight Matt Brown, then Lawler assuming he has the belt. Diaz on the 209 card is pretty huge marketing wise as well.

ok, but i like the idea of Nick adding 3 more losses to his streak, as opposed to just 2.

If both guys want that fight I'm in. But I don't think bisping will be ready by then.
More importantly, Diaz's suspension won't be over by UFC 200. It'd have to happen in August or later.

Bisping would be pretty "big", IMO. And considering Nick hasn't won a fight since February of 2014, he's hardly in a position to pick and choose his fights. I hope this one gets made!
A win over Bisping then rematch the spider then retire with plenty of money unless he wants to meet Conor after Bisping that would be excellent.

Bisping wants nothing to do with fighters like Whittaker or Romero. He wants to fight semi-retired big names who are 5 years past their prime.

what do you think he is? some up and coming young gun? bisping is on his way out as well

More importantly, Diaz's suspension won't be over by UFC 200. It'd have to happen in August or later.

Who knows with Diaz ... we might not get to see him fight until 1 year after his suspension is lifted.

A win over Bisping then rematch the spider then retire with plenty of money unless he wants to meet Conor after Bisping that would be excellent.

The above is possible. Diaz does have a chance at beating Bisping and I think eventually Anderson vs Diaz 2 will get made.

A Diaz rematch is the rematch Anderson should be pushing for. It's as close to a gntd win as he is going to get against a high profile fighter.

I think this fight makes perfect sense. Nick only wants big fights and quite frankly another loss in a big fight makes it really hard to justify giving him another big fight down the road. This is a big fight that he likely could win, no disrespect to Bisping but I think he's passed his prime and Nick isn't going to stand there with his back on the fence refusing to throw any punches like Silva did. Make it happen at UFC 200.

It's good for Bisping as well. If he wins he can make a case for a title shot and he still only has to beat a guy who doesn't fight that often anymore and has been losing his fights instead of fighting another top contender crushing people left and right.

It's good for Bisping as well. If he wins he can make a case for a title shot.

How does beating a WW--who has been in semi-retirement for like 4 years--help someone get a MW title shot?

Nick finally setting his sights a bit lower. Maybe he can even win this one.

Nick is so overrated

Bisping beats him

Nick needs to beat someone, anyone at 170. Then he can fight Robbie for the title, that's what he should be focusing on.

Bisping wants nothing to do with fighters like Whittaker or Romero. He wants to fight semi-retired big names who are 5 years past their prime.

Bisping is smart. He is as close to a TS as never before. And Diaz is a very winnable and good selling fight. So he would make nice money for his run with a very beatable opponent.

Bisping is smart. He is as close to a TS as never before. And Diaz is a very winnable and good selling fight. So he would make nice money for his run with a very beatable opponent.

He's the only overpaid fighter in the UFC and he's been positioned for title shots before.

Rockhold already embarrassed him. I can't imagine why people are calling for that fight again.

Look at his current run. He barely beat Dollaway and Leites who respectively just got KTFO by ancient Nate Marquardt and dominated by Mousasi. Now Silva just gives him the fight by being a clown. And now he's earned a title shot and should get one over fighters like Jacare, Weidman and Romero?

Make him fight Whittaker

Nick woud tool him.

Idonotbelieveit Bisping beat a better version of Anderson than Nick lost to. Styles make fights and Nick has a chance but he isn't tooling Bisping. He is more likely the underdog.

Back