Bisping to Dana: "What about Khabib? Will he just do what he's told?"

Every fighter's career eventually ends and the UFC will just move on to the next one. I don't think his leverage is good at all. If he retires he'll be forgotten pretty fast. He's pretty boring outside of the cage. That's not a bad thing, but not good for popularity.
If he retires he takes the biggest rematch of all time with him. He also takes the Russian Market. Internationally, he's a big star. It would be a terrible look Dana and the UFC and Conor wouldn't get his chance at redemption. It wouldn't be same thing as "eventually ending", he'd be leaving a lot of money on the table for the UFC while he's in his prime.

Did he come back from suspension when told or did he sit out and wait like he said he would? Not all are cut from the same fabric. Common sense would tell a sensible mind, that Khabib does not conform to bs, but does cooperate with reality.
Maybe you’re right I’m just stirring the pot.

Bisping knows Khabib and that the reason for his question.

Khabib will NOT fight Conor next.
this fight can only happen if Khabib lose to Tony.

by the way, to all nuthuggers believing Conor is ruling , just listen to Dana he is saying that Conor is terrorising his because of Khabib , but still dont get what he is asking for.

keep begging Conor

Ping is such a likeable guy imo I just wish I could forget his run as champion where he became the biggest piece of shit hypocrite duck in ufc history.

I guess after the punishment and abuse he has taken in his career he is somewhat entitled to try to extend his reign and make as much money as possible? Whatever.
You're a fucking idiot if you think that, he didn't duck anyone, he was supposed to fight Whittaker after they both coached tuf, Whittaker got injured so Mike got surgery on his knee, the knee he's now had completely replaced, he was happy for the gsp fight of course because it was three times his previous biggest pay day, but you can't give him shit for not fighting when he spent his whole career fighting anyone and everyone, before you say the name Romero he was serving a ban for being a human pin cushion.
Honestly read Bispings book, you'll get an insight into what he was actually going through, what he was hiding from the commission just to fight, the boy is the baddest of bad arses and he never told a soul.

conor said the same thing every year ... " I want to be active this year etc "
I mean he's kept his word more than Dana. He's fighting Cowboy tonight, is he not?

And he wasn't talking about being active in 2018 leading up to the Khabib fight. Nor was he doing anything more in 2019 than tweeting. Although he did tell Cowboy he would fight him, & here we are. So I guess he does keep his word at times

I hope not, Gaethje clearly deserves it more and is a more compelling match up.

But as a Khabib fan Conor is the easier fight so I guess it'd be nice to see Khabib get a chance at an easy title defense.

I mean he's kept his word more than Dana. He's fighting Cowboy tonight, is he not?

And he wasn't talking about being active in 2018 leading up to the Khabib fight. Nor was he doing anything more in 2019 than tweeting. Although he did tell Cowboy he would fight him, & here we are. So I guess he does keep his word at times
he said after the mayweather fight that he ll be active after the fight, said the same thing before the khabib fight, and he is now saying the same thing. Conor is a business, he knows how to generate hype. You don't generate hype by telling the truth ...

If he retires he takes the biggest rematch of all time with him. He also takes the Russian Market. Internationally, he's a big star. It would be a terrible look Dana and the UFC and Conor wouldn't get his chance at redemption. It wouldn't be same thing as "eventually ending", he'd be leaving a lot of money on the table for the UFC while he's in his prime.
If he left someone would take his place. The UFC wouldn't lose a dime. There are plenty of other fighters on the roster. Conor was the biggest star by far. By far. He had a self-imposed layoff and the wheels kept on turning without him. UFC is the brand that sells. Tony is a far more exciting fighter to watch than Khabib because he takes risks. If Khabib leaves the division will be fine. Hell, even Islam can take Khabib's place. Petr Yan can lift up the Russian market. Khabib has no leverage and that's fine. He's rich and can retire and do good things outside of fighting. If he decides to leave it won't slow the revenue one cent though.

I actually respect your honesty! Who you got for the fights tonight.. main card?
Yes I’m a reformed man ha! My picks..

Conor by KO round 1
Holm by decision
Oleynik by submission round 1
Kelley by decision
Pettis by decision

My picks are normally dog shit though lol

This is a rare occasion, but for once I'm chuffed with Bisping chirping in there at the end.

He asked the question that is on everybody else's lips. Now, Dana is exactly right in saying that fight is an absolute no brainer from a PPV and MMA exposure POV. He'll have two of the most well known fighters, in the most stacked division going at it again in their prime.

I think Khabib takes it with some nudging, providing McGregor wins impressively and doesn't insult his family and religion.

Khabib has a ton of money already and is set for life. If Dana tries to force him, I suspect he'll just retire. He has all the leverage here. He walks away UFC loses a big star, the Russian market, the chance of ever getting the Conor rematch.

I would love this to happen. Conor should have to earn his TS, and fighting a LW on a losing streak at 170, is not how you earn a LW TS

didnt poirer smoke gaedthe. How did conrad go vs poirer. it would not end well for justin.

Damn bisping might get in trouble from that fat bald ego freak

I actually hope khabib retires after beating ferguson (assuming McGregor wins) just to spite Dana.

Man that would be a bummer. He has the potential to become the mma GOAT.

Bisping is legit, lmao. Can't silence the rebel, even though they did....for now, by cutting him off. I am eager to hear the next episode of his podcast.

<28>

Khabib appears to be a man of principles to me, so I'd be highly disappointed if he caved easily to Dana's demands and gave con-man the rematch. I believe he'd allow himself to be stripped or just retire before he would do that. Dana will likely just create an interim belt after Khabib tells him to pound sand.

I like how Bisping just legit wanted to know. Didn't even raise his mic.

Wow the Bling keeping it real.

The Bald Goof will not take that cleanly.

Does Cowboy get a title shot if he wins? Dana brought up rankings (like it matters to him).
Can you imagine him getting a shot before Gaethje of a win over a 3 year semi retired Connie?

Back