Bisping, Munoz and yes Anderson watch ya back Lombards coming for ya.

Lombards style of walking forward plays right into Bisping and Silva's offense. Silva KOs him easily and Bisping dances around him for 3 rounds.

what did Boetsch do exactly but run away lol

The point he's making is that Boetsch exposed Lombard's footwork. If Boetsch was able to get in and out, landing consistently on Lombard, obviously Anderson could. He's much more technical than Boetsch, and also much faster with better footwork.

I want to see Lombard vs. Anderson too, but its solely Lombard's fault that this hasn't happened yet. The UFC was trying to fast track him to a title shot, and he chose to fight injured. That said, I think he gets a shot with 1 more win.

If he has the confidence in his striking that you do, though, he will get mauled. Training with Nathan Corbett doesn't equip him to throw hands with Anderson. Lombard has great power, but he won't be able to land on Anderson enough to KO him. His best chance is to repeatedly force the clinch. He'll eat some knees, but it will be worth it to get Anderson on his back. If I were him, I would be drilling sub defense and passing guard for this fight. If he can get mount like Sonnen did, then he has the power to hurt Anderson.

My point was even the best Muay thai fighters in the world get tagged and can even get KOed by a guy like Lombard.

Bob Sapp vs Ernesto Hoost lol Lots of those guys you see Hector fighting in Australia are pro kickboxers also Hector used to train Mark Hunt the man himself and I mean full sparring these lads don't hold back.

Lombard KO'd Corbett & Mark Hunt? lol

You keep naming people he sparred & trained with when you were asked "which top strikers he KOd?" You conveniently avoid the questions you can't answer....lol. Hoost vs. Sapp? This isn't 2002. & it definitely isn't K-1 (& Lombard should be awfully grateful for that). Finally, Anderson Silva is NOT Bob Sapp or Ernesto Hoost. This is MMA. UFC more specifically. Anderson by whatever he wants.....WHENEVER he wants. He could probably tell Lombard "I'm going to kick you in the face in 5 seconds & knock you out!" & still do it...

P.S. How is Hoost - Sapp evidence of LOMBARD KO'ing a top striker? That's evidence of SAPP KO'ing a top striker. Did Lombard train with Sapp & "absorb" that KO too? lol

Last edited:
cmon man not you again you know thats bullshit. Even Ariel Helwani admits that Lombard should of got the W against Boetsch and we all know the beef those two have with each other.

I thought you were enjoying our conversations :icon_sad:

mousasi will beat anderson

Doubtful. Mousasi is very skilled and very polished, but before people start proclaiming him as the UFC MW and LHW champ again, let's see him beat a top guy in 2013.

Doubtful. Mousasi is very skilled and very polished, but before people start proclaiming him as the UFC MW and LHW champ again, let's see him beat a top guy in 2013.

With Mousasi you have to wonder which one will show up. The killer or the guy who looks like he is disinterested.

Give it a rest.

Who exactly has Lombard beaten? Jesse Taylor? Joe Doerkson? Paul Harris? Not exactly a top five list there...

Bisping outpoints Lombard.
Silva KO's Lombard.
Munoz? Who knows. Anything could happen.
Dude his finally in the UFC now has has the chance to beat those so called top guys. Alot of people in the MMA community especially at ATT and real MMA fans not just ufc nuthuggers have believed for years that Lombard is one of these rare guys who should be at the top Like a Jon Jones or A Silva but just hasn't been able to prove himself due to not being singed in the UFC now he can. Lombard really is the complete mma fighter with no weakness in his game Bjj Blackbelt, Judo Olympian and 4th dan blackbelt great wrestling and great standup with unmatchable KO power at 185.

Lombards style of walking forward plays right into Bisping and Silva's offense. Silva KOs him easily and Bisping dances around him for 3 rounds.

Honestly, Silva - Lombard would probably look a lot like Silva - Leben. Lombard walking forward & Anderson playing the drums on his knot like a hybrid of Neal Pert & Jon Bonham until the lights go out....EARLY!

Am I the only one who thinks Lombard didn't look impressive at all?

He learned nothing from the Boetsch fight. Still not moving, standing there flatfooted, just swinging the big lead right hook and not fighting smart just going for the K.O.? I don't see how he will handle the next decent game planner .....

Didn't impress me at all and I like Lombard. Yeah, he got the knockout, but it still was a lackluster performance ....

The point he's making is that Boetsch exposed Lombard's footwork. If Boetsch was able to get in and out, landing consistently on Lombard, obviously Anderson could. He's much more technical than Boetsch, and also much faster with better footwork.

I want to see Lombard vs. Anderson too, but its solely Lombard's fault that this hasn't happened yet. The UFC was trying to fast track him to a title shot, and he chose to fight injured. That said, I think he gets a shot with 1 more win.

If he has the confidence in his striking that you do, though, he will get mauled. Training with Nathan Corbett doesn't equip him to throw hands with Anderson. Lombard has great power, but he won't be able to land on Anderson enough to KO him. His best chance is to repeatedly force the clinch. He'll eat some knees, but it will be worth it to get Anderson on his back. If I were him, I would be drilling sub defense and passing guard for this fight. If he can get mount like Sonnen did, then he has the power to hurt Anderson.
and my point is that Lombard wasn't his usual self in that fight a fractured sternum will do that to ya. Yes Lombard moved forward but not like the way he usually does and he wasn't letting his hands go which made a huge difference

Lombard KO'd Corbett & Mark Hunt? lol

You keep naming people he sparred & trained with when you were asked "which top strikers he KOd?" You conveniently avoid the questions you can't answer....lol. Hoost vs. Sapp? This isn't 2002. & it definitely isn't K-1 (& Lombard should be awfully grateful for that). Finally, Anderson Silva is NOT Bob Sapp or Ernesto Hoost. This is MMA. UFC more specifically. Anderson by whatever he wants.....WHENEVER he wants. He could probably tell Lombard "I'm going to kick you in the face in 5 seconds & knock you out!" & still do it...

P.S. How is Hoost - Sapp evidence of LOMBARD KO'ing a top striker? That's evidence of SAPP KO'ing a top striker. Did Lombard train with Sapp & "absorb" that KO too? lol
lol don't you get it if a guy like Bob Sapp KOed a top striker which is ridiculous then off course a guy like Lombard with quick hands and KO power can do the same.

cmon man not you again you know thats bullshit. Even Ariel Helwani admits that Lombard should of got the W against Boetsch and we all know the beef those two have with each other.

Ariel Helwani? LMFAO!!!! Who the F*CK uses Helwani as a reputable source of reference? He holds a microphone & asks questions...what makes him the "guru" on the subject? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Ariel Helwani....LMAO!!!!

What exactly did Lombard do?? Neither one of them did shit. You delusional nuthugger

Lombard stuffed all of Tims takedown attempts, got takedowns and a slam. Won all exchanges at the feet while few, landed solid shots not including tims puzzy leg taps Hector moved forward tim ran away Lombard Knocked Tim down with a liverkick and got some gnp lol their you go...

Am I the only one who thinks Lombard didn't look impressive at all?

He learned nothing from the Boetsch fight. Still not moving, standing there flatfooted, just swinging the big lead right hook and not fighting smart just going for the K.O.? I don't see how he will handle the next decent game planner .....

Didn't impress me at all and I like Lombard. Yeah, he got the knockout, but it still was a lackluster performance ....

hmm interdesting

lombards a beast. if bisping wins, give lombard wiedman and give the winner the next shot, as bisping will def get his shot if he beats belfort. which he won't. so.....idk. let the mw's sort each other out i guess

Ariel Helwani? LMFAO!!!! Who the F*CK uses Helwani as a reputable source of reference? He holds a microphone & asks questions...what makes him the "guru" on the subject? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Ariel Helwani....LMAO!!!!

not reputable but its the perfect example to sum up even haters thought Lombard got the win

I think you should let go of this subject because Lombard is not really looking that great... I mean, he's quite flat-footed and his head movement won't be trouble for a guy who can KTFO almost anyone and is pretty creative in doing so.

lombards a beast. if bisping wins, give lombard wiedman and give the winner the next shot, as bisping will def get his shot if he beats belfort. which he won't. so.....idk. let the mw's sort each other out i guess

sounds good to me

Back