Bisping messes up Luke pretty badly.. i think

Where are they now? Hmmmm exposed much?

Brian Stann retired after getting ko'd by Wanderlei Silva, Belcher retired as well (I think he had an eye problem), CB Dolloway got knocked out of the top 15 by Nate Marquardt and Thales Leites is still ranked #10.

Most of those wins might not be really relevant by now, but they were top 10 wins at the time.

Stann is the only person you mentioned that was ranked by all the main sites when Bisping beat him. Belcher was ranked by some, not by others. Leites and Dolloway were in the UFC rankings, but not others.

I'm positive both Stann and Belcher were in the top 10 UFC ranking when they fought Bisping.

Luke is better than Bisping at everything

Stann is the only person you mentioned that was ranked by all the main sites when Bisping beat him. Belcher was ranked by some, not by others. Leites and Dolloway were in the UFC rankings, but not others.

The only thing I can find about Belcher being ranked is a text from Bloody Elbow, which was published a year after his loss to Bisping (which was his last fight) and he was still #13 at that time. I'm really sure Belcher was #10 when the fight happened. Not that it matters much, but still. Here's the text from the site:

The UFC rankings were released yesterday, with Alan Belcher and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira still ranked in the top 15 of middleweight and light heavyweight respectively. Belcher had recently announced he was taking time off from the sport, and if he ever returned he'd come back at LHW. His last fight was an April 2013 decision loss to Michael Bisping at UFC 159. Nogueira hasn't fought since his upset win over Rashad Evans at UFC 156 last February, but the victory still merited a place in the top 10.

As of today, both men have been removed from the rankings entirely. Belcher's #13 spot is now occupied by Brad Tavares, while Yoel Romero is placed 14th, while Chael Sonnen, who hasn't won a fight at 185 since 2012, is back in at #15. Nogueira was slotted at 7th, and his removal bumped everyone below him one spot and Ovince St. Preuxmade his rankings debut at #15.

this fight is long off, but Bisping is on a tear. If he gets by AS, Luke shouldn't be much different in striking styles. You only have to worry about grappling, and Michael has been crushing grapplers in 5 round fights lately. (Leites especially)

We'll finally have a UK champ
Stupid white belt.

I was 100% sure that this was going to be one of these bumped prediction threads. Wow TS..

surprised-baby-gif-1.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I can find about Belcher being ranked is a text from Bloody Elbow, which was published a year after his loss to Bisping (which was his last fight) and he was still #13 at that time. I'm really sure Belcher was #10 when the fight happened. Not that it matters much, but still. Here's the text from the site:

The UFC rankings were released yesterday, with Alan Belcher and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira still ranked in the top 15 of middleweight and light heavyweight respectively. Belcher had recently announced he was taking time off from the sport, and if he ever returned he'd come back at LHW. His last fight was an April 2013 decision loss to Michael Bisping at UFC 159. Nogueira hasn't fought since his upset win over Rashad Evans at UFC 156 last February, but the victory still merited a place in the top 10.

As of today, both men have been removed from the rankings entirely. Belcher's #13 spot is now occupied by Brad Tavares, while Yoel Romero is placed 14th, while Chael Sonnen, who hasn't won a fight at 185 since 2012, is back in at #15. Nogueira was slotted at 7th, and his removal bumped everyone below him one spot and Ovince St. Preuxmade his rankings debut at #15.
Whether he was or not, my point was that he wasn't universally ranked. He was not ranked by Sherdog for example, which I consider to be the most credible rankings in the sport. The UFC rankings have no set criteria the panelists are supposed to follow and so they often end up with whacky results as opposed to some of the more merit-based rankings. The UFC rankings also obviously only include UFC fighters, so they aren't always an accurate representation of the division worldwide. So I personally would argue that Bisping only has one undisputed top 10 win, which is Stann.

This thread has provided high entertainment value. And for that, i thank you ts.

Whether he was or not, my point was that he wasn't universally ranked. He was not ranked by Sherdog for example, which I consider to be the most credible rankings in the sport. The UFC rankings have no set criteria the panelists are supposed to follow and so they often end up with whacky results as opposed to some of the more merit-based rankings. The UFC rankings also obviously only include UFC fighters, so they aren't always an accurate representation of the division worldwide. So I personally would argue that Bisping only has one undisputed top 10 win, which is Stann.

I can see your point, but I do count those wins as top 10 wins, even though it were only "UFC top 10 wins".

Also, even though I count all 4 as top 10 wins, Bisping has not yet beaten a fighter ranked higher than #9.

He will Beat Anderson But Rockhold has his number.

I don't honestly see this win leading to a TS.

In saying that War the Count!!

image.jpeg

5aa87402f96265589e71744fff3523b9.jpg

One of the biggest fails I've ever witnessed on Sherdog. You failed on so many levels in that post that you should just leave Sherdog for good. Don't make another account, don't try waiting this out. Just go.

S4DN95o.gif

Rewatched the highlight. Lol at how much Bisping kept trying to run away to no avail.

Did this dude seriously not know bisping got owned already?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back