Bisping doesn't beat champions

whereas Vitor has twice - one time 15 years ago and one time with a cut to the eyelid.

and his 4th best win? Akiyama or Johnson, not sure which.

hmmm. sounds like a good matchup to me.
Did you miss Vitor pounding Rich Franklin into oblivion?? Plus he was robbed vs Tito.

He beat rich with a punch to the back of the head,don't forget that.

i remembered Rich, and attributed that as his 3rd best win. i now realize i'd forgotten Herring though.

regardless, the point is that both of these guys has a long history of beating lower ranked opponents and losing to higher ranked opponents. Vitor has beaten 4 decently ranked opponents; in 1998 (Wandy), 2001 or so (Herring), 2004 or so (by eyelid cut)...and Rich.

1 good win in a decade versus no good wins.

good matchup.

Every genuine knowledgeable MMA fan knows Bisping beat Evans and Sonnen, was robbed against Wanderlei, and Henderson cheated.

The hook has been baited and the line is in the water. A lesser man might have left the Henderson part out, but I can see you are and all or nothing type of guy.

Are you an authority on who is a "genuine knowledgeable mma fan"? It isn't possible that you might be biased towards your countryman is it? Bisping did better than everyone expected that he would against Sonnen which surprised a lot of people, but he lost that fight.

Sonnen won 29-28 imo a good effort is much different from a win

He doesn't really even beat top 10 fighters except for Stann who was borderline top 10.

Sonnen won 29-28 imo a good effort is much different from a win

I thought Bisping won it 29-28 but maybe alot of the time you score things differently cause they do better then expected,in any case i think if the fight goes to 3rd round Bisping will tko Vitor in the 4th or 5th,if vitor wins he needs a ko in the 1st or 2nd i just dont see him winning after then either way i see a finish and it will be a good fight.

Lets be real if Bisping beats Belfort everyone will discredit the win anyway so what does it matter?

I hate him; but why people are going crazy about him receiving a (potential) titile shot?

He's a good fighter so, why not? Take a look at the MW history of title shots, noobs...

Bisping has beaten 2 champions so no, you are wrong.

Every genuine knowledgeable MMA fan knows Bisping beat Evans and Sonnen, was robbed against Wanderlei, and Henderson cheated.

and clearly beat matt hamill......

Maybe Stann....not sure what he was ranked. Ping has a padded record imo.

Just because he hasn't beaten many (if any) top ten opponents, doesn't mean he hasn't fought any. His record's hardly "padded" considering he's fought: Wanderlei, Henderson, Sonnen, Evans, etc.

TF are you on about? Frank mir was a champion, and has beaten 2 champions

Frank Mir was available his last title shot is all I am saying and am taking nothing away from his time as a former champion or his beating beating other former champions as well.

Back