Bisping doesn't beat champions

i remembered Rich, and attributed that as his 3rd best win. i now realize i'd forgotten Herring though.

regardless, the point is that both of these guys has a long history of beating lower ranked opponents and losing to higher ranked opponents. Vitor has beaten 4 decently ranked opponents; in 1998 (Wandy), 2001 or so (Herring), 2004 or so (by eyelid cut)...and Rich.

1 good win in a decade versus no good wins.

good matchup.

matt lindland in 2009 was still decent up until vitor effectively retired him

Just because he hasn't beaten many (if any) top ten opponents, doesn't mean he hasn't fought any. His record's hardly "padded" considering he's fought: Wanderlei, Henderson, Sonnen, Evans, etc.

You are completely wrong about his "padded" record, seems to me any time he fights a top ten opponent he pads his record with a loss

Lets be real if Bisping beats Belfort everyone will discredit the win anyway so what does it matter?

exactly, if bisping defeats belfort the idiotic populace shout 'belfort was over the hill anyway'... then they point toward bisping's "padded" record.

bisping has never turned away a fight. his record isn't padded.

he beats contenders who occasionally slip from the company, but that says more about the transitional nature of the MW division... Anderson's the only proper fixture... oh and bisping. at one point people on this very forum were making the case for Stann being top 3 in MW division, he gets beaten by Bisping and he's "not even top 10"... Bisping and Sonnen practically drew, which is indicative of bisping's underrated performances.

exactly, if bisping defeats belfort the idiotic populace shout 'belfort was over the hill anyway'... then they point toward bisping's "padded" record.

bisping has never turned away a fight. his record isn't padded.

he beats contenders who occasionally slip from the company, but that says more about the transitional nature of the MW division... Anderson's the only proper fixture... oh and bisping. at one point people on this very forum were making the case for Stann being top 3 in MW division, he gets beaten by Bisping and he's "not even top 10"... Bisping and Sonnen practically drew, which is indicative of bisping's underrated performances.

Well said. I hate the way people are throwing around the term 'padded record' - so ignorant.

Look at his track record. Losses all against WEC\UFC\Pride champs. [Shad,Hendo Wandy, Peoples champ Sonnen] Former LHW champ Vitor is going to out due Hendo's KO this weekend! Can't wait for the GIFs!!

Stann was a WEC champ.

Well done.

Back