Bisping: "Anderson Silva is the greatest. I want to challenge myself against the best

weird. all 3 judges gave it to sonnen, and i recall at least one of them was 30-27. sonnen had more strikes and td's in every round. he got dominant positions, sub-attempts, etc. anyone thinking bisping should have won needs to watch the fight again. i was shocked at how many people thought bisping should have won; probably just residual sonnen hatred not letting them watch the fight accurately.

the judges opinions hardly make the decision valid. I can't argue specifics (nor do i want to) because I'm relying on memory and I could make a mistake. As I remember it tho, bispingg outstruck sonnen on the feet in rounds 1 and 2, defended the takedown well, and got right back up whenever successfully taken down.

My main point tho was that, it couldn't have been "easily" won by either fighter as evidenced by the difference of opinion on who won.

Bisping has recently been saying he actually wants to fight Anderson and get his chance...

The problem is he doesn't seem confident in slightest about winning, nor does he come off as it's realistic at all....This is every time he speaks about the match up. He just seems like someone who wants to get to the end of the road, rather than actually win.

The fight just doesn't carry any interest for me.
Well, really, can you blame him?

Imagine how much mental pressure is on you when you're about to face down a guy who demolished the 16 men who came before you?

It doesn't matter how good you are, or how much you prepared. That lingering doubt will still loom over you.

as much as bisping wants to fight anderson, the ufc want it even more, that fight takes place at a soccer stadium in england and sells 40 or 50k tickets, plus it gives the uk the big fight needed to get new fans interested, win win really

Bisping's a better wrestler than people give him credit for, his striking is good enough to set up TD's and his conditioning and sub defense are solid. With the right gameplan he's a threat, but chances are he falls into the same trap of engaging in a kickboxing match that everyone but Sonnen fell into.

The fight is starting to look inevitable, but I don't think Bisping brings anything to the table against Anderson.

I like Bisping and everything but I much rather see Anderson fight Weidman then Jones before Bisping

Bisping has been a high level MW for years, I'd love to see him get a title shot if he beats Belfort. Silva would smash him but Bisping deserves his shot.

I wish the ufc would stop trying to cater to specific fan bases and just let the best into the promotion. Bisping would be long gone if this were the case, however its not so they need to keep tea and crumpets around to apease the gentry.

Bisping is 13-4 in the UFC. How would he be "long gone"?

Back