Bisping: "Anderson Silva is the greatest. I want to challenge myself against the best

amazing? people have some incredibly low standards around here. he lost 30-27 easily.

bull shit. That was a very controversial fight. I don't remember all the details of it since I only watched it the one time, but I do remember expecting bisping to get the 29-28 decision. It wasn't "easily" one way or the other.

translation: "i probably can't beat most top 10 mw's, so i want to cash in on that title shot soon and get a huge payday before i become irrelevant."

c'mon man. he beat stann, who some places had ranked #10 :icon_lol:
Bisping is one of the highest paid fighters in the UFC. Money isnt a factor for him

I don't give him much of a chance at all but possibly if he works his wrestling he can steal a round or two - ultimately Anderson will finish him.

Are you suggesting he try to wrestlefuck Silva or that he would need it to neutralize Anderson's wrestling? I would laugh my ass off if Bisping won a LnP decision over Silva.

Bisping is one of the highest paid fighters in the UFC. Money isnt a factor for him

There is money

and then there is

tumblr_mb1h5glX1n1r4c1k8o1_250.gif

I thought Bisping beat Sonnen as well. 29-28 Bisping is how i scored it

There is money

and then there is

tumblr_mb1h5glX1n1r4c1k8o1_250.gif
He wouldnt make much more than usual in a Silva fight. Especially since Silva is only an average PPV draw. Bisping headlined plenty of events already and coached 2 seasons of TUF. He gets paid

Yeah, no chance in hell. I don't think Bisping rates his chances highly either.

I think its more a case of, he's as good now as he'll ever be, and he wants to fight Anderson before his career is over.

Can't fault him for that, he'll get paid too.

I actually think Bisping is a great fighter, I also think he has nothing for Anderson.

He's not truly elite in any department except conditioning. If you let him impose his will on you he can break you- I don't see Anderson letting him control the fight for one minute so I don't see the cardio will come into play.

Are you suggesting he try to wrestlefuck Silva or that he would need it to neutralize Anderson's wrestling? I would laugh my ass off if Bisping won a LnP decision over Silva.

I am saying that Bisping could possibly steal a round or two if he pressed Anderson on the cage and got a few take downs (like a mixture of what Sonnen and Bonnar tried to do). He could possibly win a portion of the fight this way, but I think Anderson Silva would eventually finish Bisping with strikes.

He beat Sonnen....

That fight shows why Bisping is not a great fighter. I don't know if it was the weight cut or he was just off but Sonnen looked terrible that night.. Yet he still had enough to put the pace on Bisping and get enough TD's and control to win. If Bisping was a great fighter he would have lit Sonnen up and took it to him.. He did not.. An the Stann fight was a close win for Bisping. Nothing special.. Very good fighters (like Bisping) mostly beat other good fighters but usually struggle to do so.. They never beat great fighters as Bisping has not..

bull shit. That was a very controversial fight. I don't remember all the details of it since I only watched it the one time, but I do remember expecting bisping to get the 29-28 decision. It wasn't "easily" one way or the other.

weird. all 3 judges gave it to sonnen, and i recall at least one of them was 30-27. sonnen had more strikes and td's in every round. he got dominant positions, sub-attempts, etc. anyone thinking bisping should have won needs to watch the fight again. i was shocked at how many people thought bisping should have won; probably just residual sonnen hatred not letting them watch the fight accurately.

I wish the ufc would stop trying to cater to specific fan bases and just let the best into the promotion. Bisping would be long gone if this were the case, however its not so they need to keep tea and crumpets around to apease the gentry.

busping better get in line,,there are more deserving contenders

He needs to beat Belfort in his own backyard first. And that

Bisping is really well rounded. He's won/loss a number of really close fights that could have gone either way. But only Hendo has really beaten him decisively.

He deserves the shot if he gets by Belfort. But I don't give him much of a chance against Anderson. Stylistically Weidman has a better chance to win.

weird. all 3 judges gave it to sonnen, and i recall at least one of them was 30-27. sonnen had more strikes and td's in every round. he got dominant positions, sub-attempts, etc. anyone thinking bisping should have won needs to watch the fight again. i was shocked at how many people thought bisping should have won; probably just residual sonnen hatred not letting them watch the fight accurately.

it is 100% because everyone thought Sonnen was going to dominate Bisping after how close he was to beating Anderson and Bisping did way better then expected.

there is not one area anyone objective could give that fight to Bisping in. As you rightly pointed out he was beat in every single area. But he did better then expected and some people confuse that with winning.

it is 100% because everyone thought Sonnen was going to dominate Bisping after how close he was to beating Anderson and Bisping did way better then expected.

there is not one area anyone objective could give that fight to Bisping in. As you rightly pointed out he was beat in every single area. But he did better then expected and some people confuse that with winning.

you forgot to mention they hate sonnen and/or love silva and they didn't want to see that rematch after the 20+ minute ass-whooping silva got the first time around. so, they concocted tales of how bisping won when he did no such thing.

Silva could always slip and land on his arm and break it or something like that. Other than that it would be as bad as Silva/Griffin

I don't see Bisping even offering close to what Griffin did.

Back