• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Bio Girl Becomes NC's First Female Wrestling Champion!

Nah.
(Lots of folks who've never wrestled in this thread)
Wrestlers have more mental endurance, especially the shitty ones that stay on the team.

Jocks can deal with failure and criticism.

People that can't cope with their emotions are the ones who snap.

That said. Good on her, she owns the soul of every boy she beat. All of them will rue that day.
Wrestling builds mental fortitude in anyone who sticks with it. A good buddy of mine credits his high school wrestling career with saving his life/keeping him out of jail.

That isn't even remotely true. Weight cutting is common in youth wrestling long before high school. I can't tell you how many kids I've seen starve themselves, spit in cups, and wear multiple layers as they run for miles with the heat on.

It's different from MMA in that they can't do big water weight cuts once every few months, they typically lose a weight class or two of weight at the start of the year and then cut another down a couple days before every event. So while it's not all at once, they're starving themselves for months.

That is true - although you were looking at about 10-15 lbs max unless you got up over 160# - and that's mostly gone these days. You aren't allowed to get below 7% body fat or cut more than 1% of you baseline weight per week. [I think most states have adopted those rules]

So a 120# kid (at start of season) would have to spend 3 months going to 106.

Not surprised about the pushing agendas, and subversion. http://archive.md/Msxm2

A female high school student defeated a transgender athlete in a Connecticut state championship race, just two days after a lawsuit was filed in an effort to block transgender athletes from participating in girls sports in the state.

Makes you think. As long as they throw a race or two the people pushing this can then point to them and say, "see fair competition, males and females exactly the same".

Isn't that the same boy thst ran a 6.? and broke the "female" record at regionals?

Edit: it is, except it was the indoor state championship he won. And another boy to 2nd.

The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is also transgender and set a girls state indoor record of 6.95 seconds. Yearwood finished in 7.01 seconds and the third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.​

Last edited:
This popped up on reddit's front page the other day. She had a really nice Granby roll. This is probably one of the coolest stories I've seen all week.

Still I feel bad for all those boys that now have to change their names and switch schools.

Wrestling builds mental fortitude in anyone who sticks with it. A good buddy of mine credits his high school wrestling career with saving his life/keeping him out of jail.
I've had a few kids-now-adults state that wrestling is what kept them sober.

The bottom line is, wrestling has weight classes, not age groups. That applies to everybody evenly. This girl beat everybody she needed to beat in her weight class, and that is how the sport is designed. “But some of them were probably younger” is not an excuse for anything. Wrestling does not work that way.

I’m also not really buying this idea that there are no quality male wrestlers at the weight. Those tiny divisions are often where you find kids who have been wrestling their entire lives.

All evidence points to this girl just being really, really good at wrestling. She is an outlier, a rare dominant female athlete in a male dominated sport. Especially considering the natural difference in body composition between a teenage girl and teenage boy, it’s an impressive accomplishment. There is absolutely no reason to try to diminish what she accomplished.

Isn't that the same boy thst ran a 6.? and broke the "female" record at regionals?

Edit: it is, except it was the indoor state championship he won. And another boy to 2nd.

The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is also transgender and set a girls state indoor record of 6.95 seconds. Yearwood finished in 7.01 seconds and the third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.​
"I’ve never beaten her before,” Mitchell said. I wonder what his best record times are and if she beat all of those, or just him this one time and normally he can run faster than her. Heard he has never lost (except to the guy like you said in edit).

This popped up on reddit's front page the other day. She had a really nice Granby roll. This is probably one of the coolest stories I've seen all week.

Still I feel bad for all those boys that now have to change their names and switch schools.

Traditionally, being defeated by a girl requires you to change your name and transition your *sex* to match the gender that your performance has identified you as—meaning female. Changing schools has nothing to do with it.

"I’ve never beaten her before,” Mitchell said. I wonder what his best record times are and if she beat all of those, or just him this one time and normally he can run faster than her. Heard he has never lost (except to the guy like you said in edit).

My recollection is that both of those boys broke the state record for the girls 55m.

I suppose he could ran his best ever at indoor and then had been a bad start here, but 2 full seconds different would seem to be something else going on.

Very good on her. She most likely worked hard as hell to get where she is.

Tough on the guys but maybe they need to put more work in.

I thought you were Canadian or something? What do you know about high school wrestling? I was the only serious wrestler on my team under 215 lbs to not cut weight. And that was a small school in Texas, a big school or anywhere with a real competitive wrestling scene is going to see pretty much everyone cut but heavyweight.

I posted a pic of the guys she beat. They look like serious athletes to you?

The bottom line is, wrestling has weight classes, not age groups. That applies to everybody evenly. This girl beat everybody she needed to beat in her weight class, and that is how the sport is designed. “But some of them were probably younger” is not an excuse for anything. Wrestling does not work that way.

I’m also not really buying this idea that there are no quality male wrestlers at the weight. Those tiny divisions are often where you find kids who have been wrestling their entire lives.

All evidence points to this girl just being really, really good at wrestling. She is an outlier, a rare dominant female athlete in a male dominated sport. Especially considering the natural difference in body composition between a teenage girl and teenage boy, it’s an impressive accomplishment. There is absolutely no reason to try to diminish what she accomplished.

I don't think most are trying to belittle her accomplishment, just pointing out that a senior female beating freshman boys doesn't mean that all females should compete against (and beat) transboys.

I posted a pic of the guys she beat. They look like serious athletes to you?
You posted a pic of kids from one of the smallest divisions in the nation both in numbers and physical side. Of course they're not going to look like killers.

You said most high wrestlers don't cut weight or are super competitive. Over a decade of experience both competing and coaching says otherwise. I saw serious weight cutting through all ages and PED abuse in high school, and that's Texas which isn't even close to the most competitive state.

When you have a one on one sport with physical contact, it breeds intensity. Losing is especially hard on a wrestler, no one wants to lose constantly and look like a bitch. So at the lowest level you see intensity spike quickly.

I don't think most are trying to belittle her accomplishment, just pointing out that a senior female beating freshman boys doesn't mean that all females should compete against (and beat) transboys.
It's still pretty impressive. There's a big difference physically and mentally. That girl lost to a lot of guys before she became that good. It's not once in a lifetime shit but it's pretty cool. Second place looks like he's probably 16, I doubt they were all literally freshman.

She's more physically impressive than 99% of the girls I've seen. Most senior girls still would be getting manhandled by freshmen in a state tournament.

You posted a pic of kids from one of the smallest divisions in the nation both in numbers and physical side. Of course they're not going to look like killers.

You said most high wrestlers don't cut weight or are super competitive. Over a decade of experience both competing and coaching says otherwise. I saw serious weight cutting through all ages and PED abuse in high school, and that's Texas which isn't even close to the most competitive state.

When you have a one on one sport with physical contact, it breeds intensity. Losing is especially hard on a wrestler, no one wants to lose constantly and look like a bitch. So at the lowest level you see intensity spike quickly.

Yeah those kids look like they're on steroids.

Is it really that hard to imagine this girl won because she's competing with scrubs? Look at those boys she's competing with.

They aren't serious athletes.

Yeah those kids look like they're on steroids.

Is it really that hard to imagine this girl won because she's competing with scrubs? Look at those boys she's competing with.

They aren't serious athletes.
Dude, I said they are literally one of the smallest divisions in the nation physically and by numbers. Of course they aren't going to look like super athletes.

I have acknowledged multiple times that this was probably the easiest state tournament you could win.

I am challenging your assertion that most wrestlers don't cut weight or aren't super competitive. You're flat out wrong. You clearly don't know jack shit about wrestling. You've probably never even met a wrestler let alone seen a match.

They'd be cutting to 106, right? If so, wouldn't they be around 120 pounds then (give or take a few pounds)?

There were a lot of guys throughout high school that size, at least where I went (Long Island, NY).
That's a big cut for high school. Remember you gotta make weight both Friday night Saturday morning

It's still pretty impressive. There's a big difference physically and mentally. That girl lost to a lot of guys before she became that good. It's not once in a lifetime shit but it's pretty cool. Second place looks like he's probably 16, I doubt they were all literally freshman.

She's more physically impressive than 99% of the girls I've seen. Most senior girls still would be getting manhandled by freshmen in a state tournament.

That 1 does look older. I originally said it was quite an accomplishment regardless.

I just dont think its fair to claim girls are just making excuses for losing to transboys because of this 1 example.

Back