Bill Goldberg on Lesnar Comback, CM Punk, Jones Cocaine situation, PRIDE vs UFC

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
New interview with Bill Goldberg over the weekend on Submission Radio

[YT]GBLdBhxxbgY[/YT]

Some Topics covered:
-His NFL Career and how he got into wrestling -His NFL Career and how he got into wrestling 1:15
-His initial thoughts on the Wrestling business and why he didn't choose MMA 3:29
-How he originally callede Jim Ross and almost went to the WWF before WCW 4:23
-His original meeting with Vince before WCW and what he didn't like about him 6:28
-Who came up with the Undefeated angle and the streak 8:29
-What it was like being a key part of the Monday Night Wars 9:06
-The match against Hollywood Hulk Hogan for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship and Hogan putting Heat Rub under his arm pits 10:29
-Altercation with Raven when travelling on the road 11:24
-What was like when WCW went downhill and his disastrous Heel turn 12:22
-Thoughts on 'Dipshit' Vince Russo 13:58
-His WWE run, being used incorrectly, and being asked to stop using the spear 14:56
-The infamous match against Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 20 and feeling bad for the fans 17:23
-Brock Lesnar returning to the UFC and Goldberg's Muay Thai trainng 19:26
-If Goldberg would ever consider going into MMA or UFC 20:56
-Him talking to Melvin Manhoef about his style 23:55
-How long ago he started training in Muay Thai and how good he is 26:33
-At one point owning the largest MMA Gym in America and his training these days 28:24
-Thoughts on CM in the UFC and liking Pride over the UFC 32:57
-Wrestling in Japan and if he was ever offered any MMA fights by PRIDE FC 36:12
-How goldberg's main goal was always to wrestle in Japan
-If an Pro Wrestling skills trancend into MMA 38:36
-MMA Pay 42:09
-His Podcast "Who's Next" 43:46
-His thoughts on Jon Jones as a person and his failed Cocaine test 47:07
-Best and worst Spear he's ever seen 52:01
-If Bill will ever return to MMA commentary 52:44
-Who's idea it was for him to punch the limo in on that episode of WCW Thunder 54:00
-If he'd consider returning to the WWE 54:45
-Goldberg's favourite match in his whole career 55:00

Some Quotes:

On if Goldberg believes Brock Lesnar would go back to the UFC and have another successful run

If Golberg would consider displaying his skills in at least an exhibition or amateur fight?
“Abso-damn-lutely. That is in the back of my mind and it has been for the past couple of months, and you know, hey I’m 48 years old. The reality is that it’s not like I didn’t retire from the NFL because of injuries. So my body is torn to shreds, but I continue to have the desire to compete. I talked to Royce Gracie this morning, same thing with him. You know warriors never die, they just get older. And you know things change a bit, but you know the spirit never dies. Therefore every day I look for some type of physical test, and you know whether it’s putting myself against myself, which is my own worst critic and no question my biggest advisory. You know if I can please myself, then I can guarantee you that I could go out there and have some fun with people. You know Rampage [Jackson] and I were supposed to train earlier in the week. He unfortunately has the flu. We've got a number of guys at the gym that like to trade punches. That’s a lot of fun. And we got a big autograph session at Magic City Comicon in Miami coming up this weekend, and I did an interview yesterday the Miami State and put it out there that I want to train some Muay Thai. American Top Team through an invitation out, you know a number of other people did. Hey man, I don’t have an ego. I’ve done more in my life than 90 percent of the people could ever imagine doing. And so I don’t have an issue. Go on YouTube right now and have a look at the video that I posted of Jimmy Pedro the US Olympic Judo coach tossing me around like a doll. Well Jimmy weighs about 180 pounds, and if I had an ego and if I was worried about what people think, I wouldn’t put that online. But I thought it would be great, and I thought it would be killer to be able to feel that from a professional. From one of the best in the world. I have no problem training with anybody and getting beaten by anybody, because anytime you're getting beaten in a brawl; you know the good ones are the ones who prosper from that, and they learn, and they get bigger, and they get better, and they grow in the knowledge department.”

Cain Velasquez or Junior Dos Santos would kick Goldberg's ass.

Never heard of the guy.

Just checked in to hear PRIDE > UFC.

Good interview. Thanks for posting.

Never heard of the guy.

Just checked in to hear PRIDE > UFC.

Iconic Pro wrestler, loves MMA and kickboxing/MT, good friends with Brock, Commentated Brock's first fight Min Soo Kim, commentated in K1 Dynamite and Elite XC, did some training with Frank Shamrock and Bas Rutten, owns Muay Thai gym, trains Muay Thai, honest about he's pretty shit at MT but loves to learn

If you have NO idea who Goldberg is but know who Stone Cold Steve Austin is...just pretend it's Stone Cold Steve Austin

So he's the expert now?
Said nothing that you couldn't read here on sherdog forums, so what is special?

Cain Velasquez or Junior Dos Santos would kick Goldberg's ass.

no kidding the 2 top hw's in the world could outfight a 48 year old man with not even as much as an amateur fight and enough nagging injuries to put his doctors kids through college ... i would have never thunk it

Back