Bill Goldberg on Lesnar Comback, CM Punk, Jones Cocaine situation, PRIDE vs UFC

For teh noobs who don't know who Bill Goldberg is.

WWE-Ryback-India.jpg

I agree with a lot of what he said, but the style v style fights where the guys were not that good were not the best thing about Pride. It was a bigger more entertaining feeling show. My ex from Montenegro says this, and she can't name 5 fighters.

For teh noobs who don't know who Bill Goldberg is.

WWE-Ryback-India.jpg

Shhhh, they'll believe you.

That's Ryback. This is Goldberg:
goldberg2.jpg

And for those that can't tell them apart and think it's the same person....here's both of them in the same room

WWE-Goldberg-3.jpg

As always. Nice interview. Thanks for sharing with us.

Also, an exhibition match with Goldberg would be interesting to watch.

After that CM Punk podcast all I can think about while looking at this guy is how he injures ppl he works with. Although I heard he improved and works safer now.

I'm a fan of The Big Guy. I think his first run was ruined by some terrible booking ideas though. I hope he finds his stride with this come back.

IMO Goldberg is the pro-wrestling GOAT. nobody was as hot as he was during that run in the 90s.

I'm a fan of The Big Guy. I think his first run was ruined by some terrible booking ideas though. I hope he finds his stride with this come back.

Ever since Punk has departed, I only follow WWE via a certain themed website and very occasionally watch PPVs =). I don't think it's worth the time anymore, tbh, but, for some reason, still keep reading related news and looking through short RAW summaries.

So, Ryback's second run is since when? That gay-implying angle with Heyman was in it or before that?

Iconic Pro wrestler, loves MMA and kickboxing/MT, good friends with Brock, Commentated Brock's first fight Min Soo Kim, commentated in K1 Dynamite and Elite XC, did some training with Frank Shamrock and Bas Rutten, owns Muay Thai gym, trains Muay Thai, honest about he's pretty shit at MT but loves to learn

If you have NO idea who Goldberg is but know who Stone Cold Steve Austin is...just pretend it's Stone Cold Steve Austin

It should also be mentioned that Goldberg's football career is about as long and distinguished as most of the other Football to MMA stars (other than Hershel). He was basically a bench-level, practice-squad, sometimes-CFL player from '90 to 95. This compares to someone like Matt Mitrione's or Bob Sapp's football career - and definitely longer than someone like Brendan Shaub's (practice squad time) or Wes Shiver's if that helps.

Like most of those guys, he has a love for a combat/striking sport - the aforementioned Muay Thai.

He recognizes he's nearly 50, but wouldn't mind taking an exhibition.

He also knows a few people, and knows the sport.

Always happy to hear what he says.

Very good interview. Bill comes over smart, interesting, knowledgeable, and totally down to earth.

Very good interview. Bill comes over smart, interesting, knowledgeable, and totally down to earth.
Despite his WCW persona of the 90's, he seems to be all of those things.

His TV career has sort of been a poor man's The Rock. Can't afford to get The Rock to host your reality competition show or play a supporting role in your remake of The Longest Yard? Well, Bill Goldberg is available and he looks menacing too. :)

Why is there no download option on soundcloud?

For the people going "who" midway in the 90's at one point he overtook Jordan for most popular person in the yearly Sports Illustrated most people sports person poll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back