• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

biggest scare you had watching mma but your fighter eventually won

To all those complaining the ANYONE else would have finished Ngannou in that situation, I always say : yeah, and who else has ever gotten Ngannou into that situation to test your hypothesis?
The thing Ngannou showed in that loss is no matter how tired and beat up he was,he didnt quit.

I was impressed by that.

For me it was the last 10 seconds of Fedor vs Arlovski. Scary shit son.

Anderson v Chael...

giphy.gif
Easily this.

Not ufc but I remember Manhoef hitting Robbie with nasty kick after kick with not much in return from Robbie for the first couple min and thought Robbie was gonna be cooked. Robbie caught him but the start had me nervous as shit.

Had quite a bit riding on Leon to finish multiple month+ long parlays. When Nate had him on the ropes at the end of the 5th I almost shit my pants. Went to the bathroom immediately after.

I was excited when condit landed that kick

Probably Leon/Usman 2.

I'd spent a long time talking Leon up and said he was going to handily beat Kamaru. 50-45 or 49-46.

Round 1 he went out there and did the business, took him down, got full mount, transitioned to the back and threatened the RNC.

Round 2 onwards he was getting his shit pushed in. Usman took the next 3 rounds dominantly and Leon was barely putting up a fight.

Round 5 started much the same, even after the amazing team talk in the corner. Then with a minute to go Leon throws that 1-2 headkick and wins the fight. Euphoria.

what was your biggest scare watching mma when the fighter you were rooting for was on the bring of losing by stoppage ,but but eventually won the fight.

d93f9c8ded9d66f7533eabe11856ff6d.gif

biggest heart attack moments for me was:

gsp being headkicked by condit

lesnar being pounded on in a fetal postion by shane carwin

giphy.gif
I was always hyped when GSP fought and that headkick was one of those moments that has you holding your breath. I remember him kind of initially spazzing out the same way as he did when Serra cracked him, before composing himself and recovering adequately. I was impressed with his performance.

Every time my boy Olives fights.

<6>

Fedor/Rogers. Brett bloodied his nose early in the fight and then was reigning down punches on Fedor at one point. Fedor looked old and looked like that was going to be the end of his run. He survives and delivers one of the best KOs in MMA history. Such a great moment but unfortunately, it was the beginning of the end.

Mine have already been mentioned, so I'll mention some more recent and/or obscure ones.

-- Cannonier/Vettori. Not a huge Jared fan or anything, but I was fairly confident picking him to beat Marvin. Round 1 starts an almost immediately he is getting wobbled left and right by Vettori, one of the most pillow-fisted guys in the division by reputation. Just constantly on baby deer legs. I legitimately thought we were about to see Marvin score his first UFC victory via KO/TKO... on the feet... in the first round... against Jared fucking Cannonier.

-- Blaydes/Rozenstruik. Curtis had just gotten killed by Lewis and Rozenstruik presented a similar stylistic challenge. I knew if he got flatlined again he would forever be irrelevant. Rd 1 goes fine, Curtis outhustles Jairzinho on the feet and on the mat. Cool. Start of Rd 2 looks similar... until Blaydes shoots and Bigi Boy meets him on the way in with a well-timed intercepting knee from hell. Easily the biggest shot of the fight. Curtis eats it somehow, scores the takedown, but his eye immediately starts to swell up bad the same way it did when Ngannou beat him via doctor's stoppage. It's a good thing he spent the rest of the fight smothering Rozenstruik on the mat with his face angled out of view, because I legit feared the ref/physician stopping that after getting a good look at the swelling.

-- Allen/Craig. Picked my boy Brendan because I thought he was better everywhere, but I had a sinking feeling in my gut because Craig is that kind of guy who pulls shit out of nowhere. 95% of the fight was one-way traffic for Brendan, but boy was I sweating that calf-slicer attempt by Paul. Even crazier hearing after the fact that it did in fact injure Allen.

One that I saw live was Whittaker vs Brunson that was in sense af

To all those complaining the ANYONE else would have finished Ngannou in that situation, I always say : yeah, and who else has ever gotten Ngannou into that situation to test your hypothesis?

i think it was a great performance, but if Stipe knew how to apply submissions he would've finished Ngannou in the 2nd or 3rd

i think it was a great performance, but if Stipe knew how to apply submissions he would've finished Ngannou in the 2nd or 3rd

Stipe DID apply a submission (RNC) in the second. Unfortunately it was at the very end of the round and the horn blew soon afterward.

It's not that Stipe doesn't know how to submit people. It's that he takes the old adage "position over submission" very much to heart. And even an exhausted Ngannou seems to keep a core of strength about him that makes him a handful to control.

GSP vs Hendricks.

I rewatched that fight about a dozen times since and I can see how the refs gave it to Georges but I was sure in the moment he lost.

1704641082281.png

When Jon Jones almost had his arm snapped off by Vitor Belfort I was a little worried. But I always had faith in Johnny boy

Yoels rally in the 5th against adesanya to secure the 48-47 was amazing to watch, his win streak of rockhold Whittaker 2 costa then adesanya was some goat shit, still can’t believe he left the UFC

Back