Big Nog, Shogun or Wand: Whos the most legendary?

oqdQhaT.gif

Him and Fedor were like final bosses in a fighting game lol

Wand & Shogun would say Nog, while Nog can't vote for himself so he'd say Anderson or Fedor depending on the day. Nog was #1 first and on top for longest.

Wanderlei was #1 for much longer than Nog was #1

Wand 's career is a bit below Nogs. It's not even close if you really think about it. Pride HW was greatest division all time. Ask Wand after he faced Crocop.

Probably Wand but all three are overrated IMO

Good thing UFC poster boy Chuck went on killing at Pride so he could expose those fake ass fighters there. Oh yeah. Almost forgot Nog and Shogun becoming UFC champs. Damn. Fake as org, fake ass fighters.

Big Nog unquestionably had the greatest career of the three and should rank highest in ATG terms, but most 'legendary'? Wand. His reign in Pride was the definition of legendary in MMA. He is one of the sport's great, iconic figures.

Big Nog's resume is amazing, but I'm still not sure if his career was better than Wanderlei's. Big Nog was #1 for a brief period, Wand was #1 for years.

People were in fear of Wanderlei I feel. There was something about him, Fedor and Cro Cop fights that got people hyped up beyond belief. Every move they made got cheers from out of fans. Not saying Big Nog wasn't a huge fan favorite, but there was something in the air each time the others fought.

Wand 's career is a bit below Nogs. It's not even close if you really think about it. Pride HW was greatest division all time. Ask Wand after he faced Crocop.

perhaps, again, not questioning who's resume is better because that is Nog's (his is probably better than anyone in MMA history, or very close to it)

And what would Pride HW division have to do with Wanderlei? He fought CC to a draw the first time, he fought and had a close fight with Mark Hunt, he destroyed Fujita. It's not like Pride HW division was that much better (if at all) than their MW division (lhw)

Pride HW at its peak had
Fedor, Nog, CC, Barnett, Sergei, Herring, and I guess you can include guys like Aleks, Werdum, Randleman (who fought at 205 as well), Igor fought at HW so maybe can include him too. Who was next best? There was a huge drop from the top to middle/bottom

the LHW division had
Wand, Shogun, Arona, Rampage, Saku, Overeem, Hendo, Lil Nog, Kazu, Hendo, Kondo, Igor, Yoshida

Honestly, the 05 MW GP was probably the most talent stacked GP ever held.

Pride's 205 lb division was arguably the deepest division in the organization.

Yep. Nog was a top 5 HW when Wand dropped to MW tho. Nog also fought MUCH tougher competition and has a better record despite of that. IMO, he's top 5 ever, arguably top 3.

Minotauro is God.

Shogun and Wanderlei are just legends.

Shogun over wand. What did wand do that shogun didn't? He beat a bunch of cans that shogun would've beaten (and did beat, like Jackson), except where wand lost to Arona, Shogun beat arona.

Realistically wands title run in pride was legendary violent , but insubstantial, because it was just Japanese can after can with the occasional legit opponent

Shogun is my fav, but I gotta go with Nog on this one. I can never forget the effect his fight with Sapp had over me. I know mma has evolved and it no longer seems impressive, but at that time it was some unbelievable shit. Then you factor in how many great fighters he taught. Anderson, Lyoto, JDS...all champions.

Big Nog's resume is amazing, but I'm still not sure if his career was better than Wanderlei's. Big Nog was #1 for a brief period, Wand was #1 for years.

People were in fear of Wanderlei I feel. There was something about him, Fedor and Cro Cop fights that got people hyped up beyond belief. Every move they made got cheers from out of fans. Not saying Big Nog wasn't a huge fan favorite, but there was something in the air each time the others fought.

I think we are in broad agreement here.

Shogun is my favorite
But all three are legends

Very difficult to decide between Rua and Nogueira. Big Nog is top 3 HW, Shogun imo top 2 LHW. Both had great success in Pride and UFC for their times. They both had a very steep downfall later in their careers, so I'm gonna go with Shogun. Wanderlei comes in third.

Back