Big Nog, Shogun or Wand: Whos the most legendary?

You asked for a name and I gave you one. You want another? Matt Hughes, I believe, was appropriately rated

Well Matt Hughes was supposed to smash any other fighter from 170 down during that era, so by your own admission that makes him overrated. Or did I do it wrong? Right now Matt Hughes is very underrated, I agree.

Between these legends, who would u put as number 1 among the 3 of them?

Big Nog unquestionably had the greatest career of the three and should rank highest in ATG terms, but most 'legendary'? Wand. His reign in Pride was the definition of legendary in MMA. He is one of the sport's great, iconic figures.

Well Matt Hughes was supposed to smash any other fighter from 170 down during that era, so by your own admission that makes him overrated. Or did I do it wrong? Right now Matt Hughes is very underrated, I agree.

Matt Hughes was regarded as the greatest UNTIL gsp appeared as the heir apparent then all the momentum swung to him. By the time of their second fight he was largely regarded as chopped liver.

GSP also was a fighter from later in that era who was to become appropriately rated

Matt Hughes was regarded as the greatest UNTIL gsp appeared as the heir apparent then all the momentum swung to him. By the time of their second fight he was largely regarded as chopped liver.

GSP also was a fighter from later in that era who was to become appropriately rated

So Big Nog wasn't regarded as the greatest HW UNTIL Fedor?

Wand wasn't regarded as the greatest LHW UNTIL Shogun?

Shogun wasn't regarded as the greatest LHW UNTIL Jones?

And people think GSP can still go up and become the MW champion. He was an amazing fighter, prob still is, but that is what overrated is

So Big Nog wasn't regarded as the greatest HW UNTIL Fedor?

Wand wasn't regarded as the greatest LHW UNTIL Shogun?

Shogun wasn't regarded as the greatest LHW UNTIL Jones?

And people think GSP can still go up and become the MW champion. He was an amazing fighter, prob still is, but that is what overrated is

I don't follow you

I don't follow you

Obviously, because your reasoning for Big Nog, Wand, and Shogun being overrated was terrible. But then you go ahead and say Hughes was underrated for the same reason why the other 3 were overrated.

Shogun didn't hold a title in Pride. He won a GP and barely sniffed a UFC belt. Probably the most overrated fighter of all time IMO
I think that's a big stretch.
He may not have the titles to his name but he fought legends and had legendary fights.

But to answer the TS question, my vote goes for The Ax Murderer. All three getting the majority of my props from their Pride days.

BigNog is still considered the #2 hw of all time, if not #2 he is for sure in the top 5. I dont know if you can say that about shogun and wand now. All three are legends but Big Nog is still a top 3-5 all time at his weight class.

Shogun is my favorite but Wand is by far the most legendary

Between these legends, who would u put as number 1 among the 3 of them?

It's close, but Wanderlei had this aura about him, like Tyson. Shogun almost got there, but the UFC ruined that by killing Pride before he could get to the same status. If you are billed as the next Wanderlei, that kinda let's you know who is boss.

LOL, Shogun was 19-4 between 2003 and 2010 which is a 8 years span. I think he had more than one good year

and to boot, his only losses in this period were to Babalu (who is a very underrated fighter in MMA's history), A freak arm break to Coleman, the first Forrest fight and the first Machida fight...in which many thought he won (he avenged the rest of those fights).

Wand & Shogun would say Nog, while Nog can't vote for himself so he'd say Anderson or Fedor depending on the day. Nog was #1 first and on top for longest.

oqdQhaT.gif

Wanderlei because he is my all-time favourite

Depends on what you mean by legendary, but for me, it's got to be Wand. The way he turned his countrymen against him and turned Chael Sonnen face in Brazil has got to be the stuff legends are made of.

Back