Big Jan being disrespected?

Anybody else feel he is being disrespected?

1. I felt Reyes was looking past him a bit and considered the belt to be a formality to some extent. Alot of his energy seemed to be on squaring the ledger with Jones.

2. Jon Jones talking about 'getting his belt back' after winning as if Jan is a pushover.

3. Now we have a stick figure MW challenging Jan in his own weight class which is essentially openly treating him to a Bisping-tier cherry pick.

Would love to see him absolutely destroy someone to the point they can't physically recover.
Dude really?

Jan is a dangerous fighter,
and Izzy won't have a reach and size advantage
remember Jones looked beatable , each time he fought someone of his size

That has actually worked out in Jan's favor his last few fights. Rockhold, Reyes, even Anderson, were all looking past him.
See what happened.

t
All three are correct.

He beat Reyes taking it easy or not and he got the belt(disclaimer). While I think the "Reyes got robbed people" just hate Jones and would say that anytime Jones won a 3-2 fight(people actually post the Santos fight was a robbery) Reyes fighting Jones close makes the belt something more than paper. But the hard truth is he earned fans skepticism who've known about him for more than a year. If fans considered Bisping a fluke champ, Jan should be considered that, Bisping was way closer to being the champ prior to that fluke KO than Jan was. He got a title shot by KO'ing a borderline top 5 guy who dominated him in their first fight and he'd previously not only lost a title elim to Thiago Santos but to guys like Patrick Cummins and Manuwa. Also before he KO'd Rockhold(who had his hands down)and Corey he hadn't KO'd anyone since 2010 and TKO'd anyone since 2014. He just got a reputation for having KO power overnight that the evidence suggests just was never there.

Here's a list of LHW fighters in the UFC. How many of them would you pick Jan to beat?

Rakic
Jiri
Reyes
Volkan
Thiago Santos(assuming he's himself and that injury wasn't the beginning of the end)
Glover

Here's a list of fighters in Bellator how many of them would you pick Jan to beat?

Nemkov
Bader
Phil Davis
Corey Anderson

The truth is there's a good argument for picking all 10 of these guys to beat Jan not to mention Jones or Ankalaev. Not everyone's going to pick all 10 of these guys to beat Jan but hard to believe someone wouldn't pick more than 4 or 5. Jan is arguably the 11th best LHW fighter in the world not counting Jon Jones. He won a belt but the evidence suggests it was a fluke and there's a lot of guys in his weight class who'd beat him, that's not disrespect that's just the reality. Best fighter I did not put on this list was Anthony Smith. There's enough exciting LHW's now for Jan to prove he's not lucky to be champ and he just dramtatically improved this late in his improve. He'll get the chance to prove that but does anyone really predict he's going to do it?

And Izzy is totally doing a GSP style cherry pick. It's not a coincidence that Izzy decided now was the time to fight the LHW, yeah Jan is just the most challenging/interesting fight and it has absolutely nothing to do with getting to be a champ champ by defeating a very beatable opponent. And in theory Izzy cleaned out his division and it makes sense for him to go up in practice it was almost cleaned out when he became champ him getting a bunch of defenses was something that was easy to predict regardless of how you think he stands up P4P.
the only one of the guys i see beating jan there are volkan or jiri all the rest go to sleep

A lot of people will never forgive fighters if they had rocky beginnings in the UFC, as if it's impossible for them to improve. It's noteworthy that the other fighters you numbered all are/were undefeated for a long time and probably share that snobbery. "How can I possibly lose to someone who got beaten by a barista with a funny mustache?"

Ya this is what is hilarious about the UFC right. I remember watching up and coming fighters and be like "oh wow hes already 29, he won't amount to anything. Holloway is only 28 and he's defended his belt 10x"

And on top of that, fighters getting better and improving is a mind fuck for a lot of fans AND for a lot of bettors.

praying Jan the Man knocks israel's head clean off his skinny body

I’m hoping that Izzy says something like, “I don’t lose to guys like Jan.”

Jan doesn't have the defensive wrestling to beat Jones, but he may have the best striking in the division.

I feel like we’re going to see another upset
Sadly people will attribute it to izzy bring overhyped instead of Jans toughness and skills
And that is exactly what we're seeing today. No one is even talking about Jan's victory, only Izzy's loss.

Anybody else feel he is being disrespected?

1. I felt Reyes was looking past him a bit and considered the belt to be a formality to some extent. Alot of his energy seemed to be on squaring the ledger with Jones.

2. Jon Jones talking about 'getting his belt back' after winning as if Jan is a pushover.

3. Now we have a stick figure MW challenging Jan in his own weight class which is essentially openly treating him to a Bisping-tier cherry pick.

Would love to see him absolutely destroy someone to the point they can't physically recover.
Well what about cockhold ?. We have guy like that already.

Jan is basically the Bisping equivalent to LHW....a weaker champ. Still good, just not world class.
So going with you logic.. Adesanya/ Reyes is way below world class level... Sure.. ;) another kid on the block.

Back