Big Jan being disrespected?

100action

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Anybody else feel he is being disrespected?

1. I felt Reyes was looking past him a bit and considered the belt to be a formality to some extent. Alot of his energy seemed to be on squaring the ledger with Jones.

2. Jon Jones talking about 'getting his belt back' after winning as if Jan is a pushover.

3. Now we have a stick figure MW challenging Jan in his own weight class which is essentially openly treating him to a Bisping-tier cherry pick.

Would love to see him absolutely destroy someone to the point they can't physically recover.

A lot of people will never forgive fighters if they had rocky beginnings in the UFC, as if it's impossible for them to improve. It's noteworthy that the other fighters you numbered all are/were undefeated for a long time and probably share that snobbery. "How can I possibly lose to someone who got beaten by a barista with a funny mustache?"

I feel like we’re going to see another upset
Sadly people will attribute it to izzy bring overhyped instead of Jans toughness and skills

Its because he won the default belt , not the lineal.

Until Jones comes back he will not be the lineal champ, and not get any hespect.

Its because he won the default belt , not the lineal.

Until Jones comes back he will not be the lineal champ, and not get any hespect.

Yea LW and LHW are in a bit of perspective turmoil with the champs 'moving on"...well I suppose Cejodo too...nah...

rq6t4F4.jpg

For sure. Izzy talked multiple times about wanting to fight Jones but if he really wanted to I'm sure that fight could have been made. Jones would have taken the fight assuming he could outwrestle Izzy. People just don't respect the Polish but they are getting many lessons as to why they should be respected. Izzy is absolutely the better fighter in my opinion but Jan is a large man with real power. Izzy has beaten multiple powerful men before though, and made Costa look foolish, so it is an interesting matchup to me.

Yea LW and LHW are in a bit of perspective turmoil with the champs 'moving on"...well I suppose Cejodo too...nah...

rq6t4F4.jpg

Yep, we all know the best LW is khabib, and the best LHW is Jonny boi

is still bone s belt but since jan is 3 - 0 against cringy guys in cockhold corney and creyes he may as well made it 4 with pizzy next jan is the cringe killer so i favor him and hope he kos pizzy

A little disrespected, yeah!
Reyes was sloppy, indeed.
Adesanya beats him easily, imo.
Why disrespected?
The man has 8 losses, though.

Anybody else feel he is being disrespected?

1. I felt Reyes was looking past him a bit and considered the belt to be a formality to some extent. Alot of his energy seemed to be on squaring the ledger with Jones.

2. Jon Jones talking about 'getting his belt back' after winning as if Jan is a pushover.

3. Now we have a stick figure MW challenging Jan in his own weight class which is essentially openly treating him to a Bisping-tier cherry pick.

Would love to see him absolutely destroy someone to the point they can't physically recover.
He has been for a while. I was saying that he would beat Jones also. People were sleeping on Jan and are/were too high on Jones (at this point, not his career). He walks through Jones pitter-patter and leg kicks and beats Jon up. Jon is figuring a way out of this sport without getting KO'd. He's very smart, he knows it's coming. He's like GSP in that way, that's why he's leaving the sport soon.

Back