Big Jan being disrespected?

I don't think so, we'll see when the odds come in.

He does his thing, works hard, and that led him to the top. That's commendable. But he just doesn't look truly impressive, as expected from champions.

Not a hater (there are maybe two or three mma fighters that I "hate"), but hardly a fan either.
So dismantling of Reyes wasnt impressive ?... Cmon...

I mean if Izzy is willing to fight at 205 then it’s Jan’s job to fight whoever the UFC puts in front of him.

No disrespect really. If anything it’s a disrespect to other LHW if Izzy jumps the line.

Izzy could outpoint Jan with ease I think, hit and run, much faster and technical and more experienced at high level kickboxing. But, Jan knock people the fok out lately. So it would be fun if Izzy becomes suddenly dizzy when Jan connects good.
So you gave to adesanya adavantage of experience... what the hell... go check since when blachowicz is fighting ( maybe you thought about only kickboxing, where Jan havent fought any)... he is crafty vet... go check fight jan vs gus...

Anybody else feel he is being disrespected?

1. I felt Reyes was looking past him a bit and considered the belt to be a formality to some extent. Alot of his energy seemed to be on squaring the ledger with Jones.

2. Jon Jones talking about 'getting his belt back' after winning as if Jan is a pushover.

3. Now we have a stick figure MW challenging Jan in his own weight class which is essentially openly treating him to a Bisping-tier cherry pick.

Would love to see him absolutely destroy someone to the point they can't physically recover.

Yep, feel like Jan is super underrated

As is pre-knee destruction Santos

He’s already done that, he legitimately almost killed Corey Anderson

That is absolutely horrific. Scary.

Corey-Anderson-UFC-Instagram-@coreya_mma-1.jpg

I do think Reyes was overlooking him but I think he'll need to get a defense or 2 before he's fully appreciated

Reyes said the right things, but I bet he thought it was his to lose. I think many thought that. Thing is, he fought the fight of his life against Jones and lost, it was always going to be hard coming down from that.

Imho Izzy plays right into Jans style. We will see.

There are a lot of guys who "could" beat Jan whereas with Jon Jones we all knew it was going to take someone mighty special to dethrone him. Jan is also 37 years old which means he will only continue to decline with respect to ability and durability. However, Jan is a massive dude and an absolute train plus he has decent technique. He shouldn't be overlooked but I don't think his reign is very long.

Lot of people are underestimating Jan in this fight. Forget he has a very legitimate ground game. Not only will that be a big factor if he gets Izzy down, but just the threat of it can make Izzy hesitant and let Jan throws his strikes. And also the fact that Jan is the bigger man with the power advantage, he cracks Izzy it's gonna lights out, and I mean cold. Izzy is not taking a shot from Jan standing.

I like Jan in this fight.

I think we both know who will be getting "fucked" at the end of this one.

giphy.gif

Sure! But Jan won't do anything like that after he wins. He's gonna crack Izzy on the jaw and knock him out cold or he's gonna tap him. Izzy will fight like he did vs Romero, hesitnat after he takes a power shot.

No one should sleep on Jan. He's a very dangerous fight for Izzy. Interesting fight.

Back