Big guys are better than little guys

Too bad that there is no "*" next to the results of matches that says "weight advantage"...

If you get beat or beat someone, then for that moment, you were / are better. (I am 145lbs by thr way)

To an extent, size does make a big difference. For example, I consider myself a strong 160lber, and when I roll or wrestle with guys that weigh 140, sometime 135, I just dominate them like nothing. I don't use fancy technique on them, it's just overpowering them basically. But also, when I'm going up against guys that are heavier than me, it IS harder to get certain positioning, and to keep it, but it also makes you work that much more on your technique, to offset any size disadvantage you may have.

size does matter. i am 195 and when i go with smaller guys i make a point of going technical. i even tell them to let me know if i am smashing them too much.... it just isn't fair.

having said that i can't stand people that blame their opponents size when it is really a lack of skill.

lol I'm eating much more now that I've moved back in with mommy and daddy. I've spent the past 1.5 years pretty much eating one meal a day with a snack before bed. I went from nearly 180 to 140, and I'm trying to put some weight back on. I've always had a "long and lanky" build though. I keep telling myself I'm going to start lifting consistently, I just can't stick with it. I find it very boring.

*Heads to S&P for motivation*

Being uncomfortable and losing are quite different. There's a 260 lb guy at our school. When he's on your side it's painful. I have a better shot at beating him than a 150 lb guy with great technique.

There is no definitive answer to this, but obviously, if both are equally skilled the big guy will probably beat the little guy.

Look at the case of Koga and Ogawa in judo. Koga was the -76kg world and olympic champion, and Ogawa was the open weight world champion and weighed nearly 150kgs. Koga entered the open weight all Japan tournament and got all the way to the final, where he faced Ogawa. Judo embodies the notion that a skilled small man can beat a skilled big man, and Koga was as good s they come and was a much better p4p player than Ogawa, and Ogawa won decisively with a huge o-guruma ippon. It was spirited by Koga and he was doing well, he just couldnt move the big guy around enough and even with his speed advantage, he hadnt enough power to lift him off his feet or break his balance enough.

When i was watching UFC1, i thought they mentioned that BJJ tournaments didn't have weight classes, is that wrong?

^^^Yes, thats COMPLETELY wrong, and also the reason why you dont have 80lb dudes going up against 260lb dudes.

Not mentioning that the 80lb guy is almost garunteed to injure something

Back