Big fan of Cody, but imo Lineker will still KO him when they fight.

He has to beat a top 3 opponent after his last embarrassment. Only way he faces Cody is if Cody loses his next fight badly.
I wouldn't quite call the fight against TJ an embarrassment. TJ is just so good now. TJ-Cody should be the classic of classics.

linekar is a 5ft3 midget, there's nothing easier in striking than fighting someone at a significant reach/height disadvantage

You tell this to 5'8" Rob Font, 5'8" Michael McDonald and 5'9" Francisco Rivera.

Yeah, he's got a good team behind him and he seems pretty cool headed.
Leaned on takedowns to beat Briones a few fights back.

And TJ showed that if you take Lineker down once and ground him, you can make him hesitant to move forward. Cody has all the skills to style on him

Nice AV.

Cody is a one trick pony, he has power and good boxing. Cruz tried to box him the entire fight and Cody got the better of him. Unless TJ tries to box for 5 RD's then he beats Cody, Cruz could have probably done the same but wanted to prove something apparently.

You sound bitter, and don't want to face reality.

Cody is a one trick pony, he has power and good boxing. Cruz tried to box him the entire fight and Cody got the better of him. Unless TJ tries to box for 5 RD's then he beats Cody, Cruz could have probably done the same but wanted to prove something apparently.

f9FW2.gif

Lineker is a USADA victim.

Look at his physique before & after. It's amazing change.

Against TJ, he looked like slow, plodding sloth. A lot like Conor vs Sivier.

Garbrandt would just get Lineker to open wide and KO him stiff. He's too fast for Lineker.

There is hype surrounding Lineker.

LOL The thread is about Cody and Linekar, and he brings up TJ. That should tell you how insecure he is about the champ right now. Doesn't matter though, Cody has already found TJ's chin and knocked him out, he knows he'll sleep TJ again.

Lineker is a USADA victim.

Look at his physique before & after. It's amazing change.

Against TJ, he looked like slow, plodding sloth. A lot like Conor vs Sivier.

Garbrandt would just get Lineker to open wide and KO him stiff. He's too fast for Lineker.

No. TJ had him hesitating and bewildered with the constant attacks and level changes, once it hit the mat Linekar looked like a white belt.

Lineker seems to ONLY have punching power, once that's gone or doesn't work, he doesn't have many other tools to deal with the top guys of the division.

Lineker wont ever make it to the top

He will never beat TJ or Cruz and I had dodson beating him as well

Lineker wont ever make it to the top

He will never beat TJ or Cruz and I had dodson beating him as well

I had Dodson winning the fight too, he was backing up, but he was fighting off the back foot and countering effectively.

Before UFC 207 i wouldve agreed

Codys boxing, footwork and angles are clearly on another level. He even showed very good defensive fundamentals against Dom as well. Lineker needs to cut ppl off and trap them near cage to be effective.

Cody would dance on him, chance Lineker clips him in the pocket if he brawls but Cody is just fundamentally and technically a much better sturiker at this point, plus he showed off a nice wrestling game against Dom which could be useful

dont see Linekers brawling style getting the W more often than not. But Lineker has a better chance against Cody than he does against TJ or Dom with their transition games

Cody could fight smart against Dom so he can fight smart against John too.​
Yeah, if he outgrappled Dom and took him down, he can sure put Lineker on his butt.

Lineker is the manlet Diaz: if you box with him in the pocket, you are going to sleep. If you stick to your gameplan, dont let ego get in the way, take him down, hop on your bike and stick and move, you are gonna win.

I do agree tho that Dodson and Lineker may be his most challenging matchup, outside of TJ. He simply has Dom's number, that was a dang cakewalk for him, too easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back