Big fan of Cody, but imo Lineker will still KO him when they fight.

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Imo he's his worst matchup in the division, The definition of a 'banger'. Cody will not back down from a gunfight in the pocket and neither will Lineker. It will end up with Cody being koed because Lineker will never lose these kind of battles in the pocket because of his granite chin and hands of stone.

Cody is the much better and technical fighter overall, but i would put my money on the ultimate justbleedgod worshipper Lineker.

cx7JMJI.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Cody%2BGarbrandt%2BStops%2BMarcus%2BBrimage%2BUFC%2B182.gif

I'm a bit sceptical of Cody's chin so I think both TJ and Lineker would KO him.

I actually see Cody dismantling Lineker just like TJ did.
At least based on what we saw from him against Cruz.

Would be a damn good fight, TJ will dismantle Cody though.

How do you know Cody will not back down from a brawl? Cody showed in this Cruz fight that his movement is amazing, he can be very calm, collected in there and knows how to pick his shots. He is also a great wrestler.

I think he's too proud to wrestle him and will bang it out.

Could be. In that case it would be a gift from the just bleed god but I think Cody would fight smarter than that now.

Cody could fight smart against Dom so he can fight smart against John too.​

Last edited:
Cody could fight smart against Dom so he can fight smart against John too.​
Yeah, he's got a good team behind him and he seems pretty cool headed.
Leaned on takedowns to beat Briones a few fights back.

And TJ showed that if you take Lineker down once and ground him, you can make him hesitant to move forward. Cody has all the skills to style on him

Was one of the few who picked Cody to beat Cruz because of styles and although I don't completely agree with TS I think Lineker is a far more dangerous match up for Cody than anybody in the division if Cody keeps standing and not utilize his wrestling. Cody throws 4 punch combos with power meaning he plants his feet and is there to be hit, against a brutal puncher that's a nono.

Cody would have to modify his stand up game by throwing shorter combos of and not stay in the pocket if he was to stand with Lineker, which he is capable of doing because of his athleticism. So I would favor Cody but I think in a 5 round fight Lineker is a bigger threat than Cruz because Cody does love to stand and bang Styles make fights as they say.

linekar is a 5ft3 midget, there's nothing easier in striking than fighting someone at a significant reach/height disadvantage

Lol just like Cruz was supposed to right?
Cody is a one trick pony, he has power and good boxing. Cruz tried to box him the entire fight and Cody got the better of him. Unless TJ tries to box for 5 RD's then he beats Cody, Cruz could have probably done the same but wanted to prove something apparently.

Cody is a one trick pony, he has power and good boxing. Cruz tried to box him the entire fight and Cody got the better of him. Unless TJ tries to box for 5 RD's then he beats Cody, Cruz could have probably done the same but wanted to prove something apparently.

Didn't read further

Honestly if you think that then you're an idiot.

Wait a sec. Doesn't Lineker actually have to win a fight in order to face the champ? Perhaps I missed something.

Wait a sec. Doesn't Lineker actually have to win a fight in order to face the champ? Perhaps I missed something.
It's just a for-fun scenario. I don't think that there's the implication in this thread that Cody might fight Lineker NEXT. It will obviously be TJ or a Dom rematch. But sure, a Cody-Lineker fight COULD happen in the next year.

I think Dodson has a better chance of beating Cody than Lineker.

It's just a for-fun scenario. I don't think that there's the implication in this thread that Cody might fight Lineker NEXT. It will obviously be TJ or a Dom rematch. But sure, a Cody-Lineker fight COULD happen in the next year.
He has to beat a top 3 opponent after his last embarrassment. Only way he faces Cody is if Cody loses his next fight badly.

Back